Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

I've read various reports of people scratching up their screen when they put it on the dock, but I don't know how widespread it is. I haven't heard of it feeling cheap though. I agree with BV on that, everything I've read about the tablet itself was praising it.

I'm guessing they sell screen protectors like they have for pads and phones.

I've read various reports of people scratching up their screen when they put it on the dock, but I don't know how widespread it is. I haven't heard of it feeling cheap though. I agree with BV on that, everything I've read about the tablet itself was praising it.

I'm guessing they sell screen protectors like they have for pads and phones.

Some are starting to put felt strips inside the dock to avoid scratches, though that shouldn't be left to consumer to have to do. If this is indeed a widespread problem Nintendo will need to address pretty quickly.

Some are starting to put felt strips inside the dock to avoid scratches, though that shouldn't be left to consumer to have to do. If this is indeed a widespread problem Nintendo will need to address pretty quickly.

The problem is, Nintendo don't do that

The dock is a piece of cheap ass ****. Not sure what they can do to fix that, its a bad design that looks and feels like it cost 1 dollar to make

Please tell me you are joking

Nope. That was the released list price for it back when Nintendo did the Switch event. I don't think they're available yet to buy separately but unless that was a placeholder price, they will be 89.99 when they become available. However that does include an HDMI cable and a power adapter. I don't think Nintendo is offering the dock without those 2 components included. Still, that shouldn't add up to that much money.

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to try one of these out over the weekend. An employee at Gamestop happened to have his with him and I asked if he would let me try it out. He was glad to let me play Zelda for a few minutes.

Having only gotten to play in handheld mode, I have to say overall I'm pretty impressed with the unit. Zelda looked very nice on the handheld screen. I liked the simple, understated UI. It's sort of like the PS4's cross media bar but reduced down even simpler. The JoyCons themselves are pretty tiny. I'd be curious to see what they feel like in the grip. On the tablet itself they felt pretty good.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the unit itself. Zelda played like a dream and I like the UI. I'm still glad I waited to get one though.

Got one today, used the Gamestop promotion for trade ins, so far so good. Only game they had in stock was Zelda, surprised me, so I'm about to get into the game.

I just read this morning that the issue with the left JoyCon losing signal has finally be identified. Turns out it was due to an insufficient amount of protective foam that is used inside the controller. Nintendo has reported that a hardware revision has already been implemented to all future Switch's to be sent to retail and that if anyone is experiencing the problem, they need to ship their defective JoyCon to them for a replacement.

Kudos to Nintendo for identifying the problem quickly and rectifying it.

I just read this morning that the issue with the left JoyCon losing signal has finally be identified. Turns out it was due to an insufficient amount of protective foam that is used inside the controller. Nintendo has reported that a hardware revision has already been implemented to all future Switch's to be sent to retail and that if anyone is experiencing the problem, they need to ship their defective JoyCon to them for a replacement.

Kudos to Nintendo for identifying the problem quickly and rectifying it.

True but...that really should have been found before they went out. Sounds like they didn't do near enough testing.

1 issue down, more to go...like their crappy dock scratching screens.

I haven't had any of the issues that have been reported. The only issue I could have had was the screen scratching, but I resolved that before it could happen with felt pads and screen protector. They do need to redesign the cheap ass dock tho........its awful IMO.

Can't find one still

They released some more to places like Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop this past week and they all sold out quickly.

I heard on a podcast they are doubling production so in the next 2-3 months they should be more readily available. They upped there projections from 8 million this year to 16 million, so even if they just hit the 10-12 million sold mark the Switch will already have done better in about a year than the Wii U did in 4.

They're all over Craigslist. But I'm not paying over what they cost at the store. I don't need one that bad, and by the amount of adds, it seems most are content with waiting as well.

Go into GameStop and ask the employees they will probably tell you when the next shipment comes in. That's how I got mine

Guy on cheapassgaming has been nailing shipment to gamestops and helping a bunch of people track them down. Lots more were in stores this weekend.

They're all over Craigslist. But I'm not paying over what they cost at the store. I don't need one that bad, and by the amount of adds, it seems most are content with waiting as well.

I'm more than fine with waiting because I still have a few backlog of games and I also don't really have that many coming out in the future I'm even interested in. Plus when I get it I want to be able to fully give Breath of the Wild my attention.

VN Store

Back