No respect by anyone!

Mallicoat

Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!
With that piece, go vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!

You been asleep for the past ten years? It didn't exactly happen overnight? :)

Reactions: 20 people

Nice to know you've gotten your pregame drinking started early.

Reactions: 6 people
This explains any lack of respect:

The Vols have lost 16 straight games to nationally ranked foes and last won against a ranked opponent in 2009 (No. 21 South Carolina). Overall, they’ve lost 22 of their last 23 games against ranked teams going back to the beginning of Phillip Fulmer’s final season in 2008.

Reactions: 12 people
What have done or accomplished that deserves any respect the last few years?

28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.

Reactions: 2 people
28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.

Can you recall any time in the past 30 years we've fielded a team this bad? I can't, and that's the reason for the big spread.

UT vs Oregon at 28 points ain't all that bad. Be realistic on this. I've been a fan for over 50 years and know we're up against a wall right now.

Well, we've been sucky for several years, and now we're getting better. ASPU and WKU were fun, but they didn't tell us much about how we'll do against powerhouses.

I don't get all the outrage about the point spreads and all. I'm just happy that we've turned a corner, and we're heading back up to the top. Go Vols!

The Chancellor, AD, BOT and big boosters determine who the head coach is. Nothing else comes even close to the importance of that one decision - not tradition, big stadium, SEC, donations, TV, cool unis, whatever. The whole thing is based on the performance of one guy. That one guy brings the system, hires/manages the coaches, sells the program to the recruits and the fans, has the final calls on game plans/who plays, motivates the players, and so on.

That one decision has been screwed up for a half dozen years until, hopefully, this one. It took a dozen years to deteriorate this much to where we are a 4 TD dog to a left coast bunch of ducks. Let's hope Butch can restore the program in far less time than it took for it to tank.

Reactions: 4 people

I don't recall a time in UT history we've been on our 4th coach in 5 years either.

Relax....we are an average team playing an away game at the no. 2 team in the country....the same team that beat us by 30+ a few years back. Again....RELAX....let them play it out and the chips fall where they may.

Exactly! Halloween night 2009 was the last time we won against a significant ranked team. Glad I was there in the rain. We need a big win badly!! GBO!!!

It doesn't matter if we are not getting any respect. The coaches are in their ear using this as motivation I'm sure. Do I think we will win? Slim chance, but I do want to a see a well coached team tomorrow that will fight the whole game. We are overmatched in this game but we have our fair share of Talented players that will represent. GBO!

Reactions: 1 person

129156051954645220.jpg

I know most people disagree with me on this, but I believe the whole "we" thing is pretty disrespectful to these kids on the field. Especially if you aren't even an alumnus/alumna. That's just my two cents and the way I am, though.

I do agree with most people who have replied to OP, though. UT has not done anything to deserve respect since 2007.

This!

Nice to know you've gotten your pregame drinking started early.

This!

This explains any lack of respect:

The Vols have lost 16 straight games to nationally ranked foes and last won against a ranked opponent in 2009 (No. 21 South Carolina). Overall, they’ve lost 22 of their last 23 games against ranked teams going back to the beginning of Phillip Fulmer’s final season in 2008.

This!

What have done or accomplished that deserves any respect the last few years?

And This!

VN Store

Back