No respect by anyone!

It has been a while since we won a big game. I remember no one gave us a chance in 04 against Georgia and we took the fight to them that day. I say this team is about as hungry as a vols team has been in a while. Just got a feeling this might be an uoset for the ages

Reactions: 1 person
UT vs Oregon at 28 points ain't all that bad. Be realistic on this. I've been a fan for over 50 years and know we're up against a wall right now.

Neyland said it best

"To defeat a weak opponent is not the problem: The problem is to win when he is as good or better than you"

I know most people disagree with me on this, but I believe the whole "we" thing is pretty disrespectful to these kids on the field. Especially if you aren't even an alumnus/alumna. That's just my two cents and the way I am, though.

I do agree with most people who have replied to OP, though. UT has not done anything to deserve respect since 2007.

I'm not an alumni at UT. Does that mean my passion or concern for the Vols is invalid? I can't say 'we' as a fan because I'm not an alum or an ex player?

Great logic.... Wonderful....

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not an alumni at UT. Does that mean my passion or concern for the Vols is invalid? I can't say 'we' as a fan because I'm not an alum or an ex player?

Great logic.... Wonderful....

it is great logic because you bring nothing to the team. you arent apart of the program. youre just a fan.

129156051954645220.jpg

Is that Nick Saban with a goatee?

Can you recall any time in the past 30 years we've fielded a team this bad? I can't, and that's the reason for the big spread.

Started 0-6 in 1986, but finished with 5 straight wins. Personally, I think this year's team will prove to be the best team we've had in 6-7 years. 2014 even better, 2015 will be special.

Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!
With that piece, go vols!

Respect is EARNED :yes:

it is great logic because you bring nothing to the team. you arent apart of the program. youre just a fan.

And without fans an athletic department can't operate.......I stand by them even when its tough, I buy merchandise and I'm just as eager to watch as they are to play so ill say we if I want.

I'm very aware what a student athlete goes through, and it is highly appreciated,but those athletes represent this school/state that I love. Using we is a sense of pride. Don't overreact to nothing

I don't know exactly what will happen Saturday, but I am pretty sure that Tiny Richardson, Ja'Wuan James, Marlin Lane, A.J. Johnson, Brian Randolph, & Co. aren't going out there to only lose not too badly.

Okay, all the fans that do nothing should quit watching games, buying tickets, making season ticket donations, etc. What do you imagine would happen then? Fans do make contributions, albeit small. Anyway, I thought th last 5 years had convinced everyone that we aren't very good right now. OP, look in from the outside then see how you feel. Go Vols.

Okay, all the fans that do nothing should quit watching games, buying tickets, making season ticket donations, etc. What do you imagine would happen then? Fans do make contributions, albeit small. Anyway, I thought th last 5 years had convinced everyone that we aren't very good right now. OP, look in from the outside then see how you feel. Go Vols.[/QUOT

Um, we fans do have some influence ... but we (program, of which we are a part) are on the way up. :loco:

I played baseball at Miss State as a walk on and have degrees from 2 different schools. Never went to UT, but I say "we" when I refer to Tennessee athletics. They are the team I have always loved and they have always been a part of my life.

I will say "we" when referring to this program if I want to. I also say we when referring to State sometimes.
With your logic no NFL fan should ever be allowed to say "we" when referring to their favorite team unless they played for the team or were a part of the program.

I don't care if it doesn't make sense to you. I will continue to do it.

Even though we've been down as long as we have, it still weird to hear things from these announcers and bloggers that we have no chance to win. I don't think I could ever get use to sucking and actually accept it. Personal problem obviously lol

GBO. I'd love to see Tennessee shock everyone tomorrow.

28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.

09 fla game at the swamp under kiffy , 30 point dogs

Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!

I understand you, bud, but realize that after the article "the" a noun and verb phrase comes after. And uh, realize the difference between "there" and "their." Finally, that proper nouns begin with capital letters.

Just jerking around, dude, hyperactive from knowing the game is today. i even cussed out the cat this morning. :)

You been asleep for the past ten years? It didn't exactly happen overnight? :)

Did you read the quotes from team 117?

28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.
Fl game in Lane Kitten's year was 30 only one larger

What have we done over the last TEN years to earn anyone's respect. You have to earn respect and for the most part we have really been stinking it up.

fans contribute.jpg Fans part of the program
fans don't contribute.jpg Fans not part of the program.

I believe WE do contribute (+M$ per weekend) and are part of the program.
EPIC FAIL!:crazy:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back