No respect by anyone!

Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!
With that piece, go vols!

What the heck did the coaches assistants do other than order some black jerseys, orange pants and an orange dog?

I'm not an alumni at UT. Does that mean my passion or concern for the Vols is invalid? I can't say 'we' as a fan because I'm not an alum or an ex player?

Great logic.... Wonderful....

My logic is that if I ran into Brian Randolph at the grocery store I wouldn't start talking about how "we" kicked the crap out of WKU. I'm not the the sweating and bleeding for the fans happiness. I'm simply just a fan. That's just the way I look at it. I wasn't being condescending in my post to anyone, just simply expressing my point of view of why I believe it is disrespectful to the players. So even though we may disagree, I'm sure you're capable of grasping that concept.

28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.

30 point dogs in 2011 at Alabama.

Was just reading some Oregon blogs and other critics and nobody has gave us a snow balls chance to hang with them tommorrow let alone win. It make me sick to think what management at UT has let this program get to. Yes I blame management. From the head trustee to the coaches assistant. I truly like butch jones and wish him the best. If motivation is needed the. There it is. shock the world, he11 beat them down and take there soul, show them and the world what grown man foot ball is all about!!

Drinks and drugs so funny.

28 point spread. That's lack of respect. Can u give me any time in any body's memory we have been an underdog that much. I've been watching UT for thirty years and I don't recall that much of a underdog. That's why I'm a puckered. Any way I rout for them every sat.

First- What does it mean to ROUT for someone?

Two- Our defense was the worst in school history last year and we have basically the same personnel minus Maggit and now Couch.

Three- We are playing a team that scores like no other team in the country and has been doing so for about 5 years.

Four- we have lost to 22 of 23 top 25 teams dating back to the Fulmer years.

Point spreads are about gambling and money. Nobody would put their money on the vols winning or keeping this game close if they follow any level of due diligence prior to making the bet.

That being said.... WE GONNA WHIP DEY AZZ!!!!!! HAHA GO VOLS!!!!!!:peace2:

I'd say 6 years. 2007 was pretty good. I still remember that hit EB put on the Wisconsin QB..whew boy!

Record wise, yes, but getting hammered by UF and Bama showed that UT wasn't in the same class as those 2 teams....and Bama sucked that year.

Record wise, yes, but getting hammered by UF and Bama showed that UT wasn't in the same class as those 2 teams....and Bama sucked that year.

This. Granted we'd kill for that year right now, but that year was quite bittersweet. We got somewhat dominated by Cal and they ended up 7-6 that year, got destroyed by Florida and Alabama (who was 7-6 as well), but we somehow throttle Georgia and Arkansas, then almost lose to both UK and Vandy. Then almost (should have) beat LSU in the SECC.

That was one weird year.

Reactions: 1 person

The respect angle is played out and boring Aretha.

Give it a rest.

When UT actually wins one of these games, they can start getting it back.

I know most people disagree with me on this, but I believe the whole "we" thing is pretty disrespectful to these kids on the field. Especially if you aren't even an alumnus/alumna. That's just my two cents and the way I am, though.

I do agree with most people who have replied to OP, though. UT has not done anything to deserve respect since 2007.

I get annoyed by fans that use "they“. You either get it or you don't. You don't. I'm not an alumni so I guess you can put me on ignore.

I'd say 6 years. 2007 was pretty good. I still remember that hit EB put on the Wisconsin QB..whew boy!

Tennessee football began its decline after the 2001 season through the 2007 season. After 2007, it fell off the map.

Some of y'all have got to stop taking the disrespect personally. Butch Jones is going to get us back to respectability, but it's going to take time.

Patience!

My logic is that if I ran into Brian Randolph at the grocery store I wouldn't start talking about how "we" kicked the crap out of WKU. I'm not the the sweating and bleeding for the fans happiness. I'm simply just a fan. That's just the way I look at it. I wasn't being condescending in my post to anyone, just simply expressing my point of view of why I believe it is disrespectful to the players. So even though we may disagree, I'm sure you're capable of grasping that concept.

Sorry guy but every coach, AD, player, program, and anyone else with any team in any way would disagree with you.

Never once as a coach said "Are the fans part of the program? He!! No! The don't contribute to our program at all."

I have heard something along the lines of...
The fans make the team. Without fans this wouldn't be possible or they say our fans where so loud today it was great thanks to everyone who came out. That's players saying the fans contribute when they do that.

Rumor is that Texas A&M ever considers their team to be their 12th man due to the impact of contributions on and off the field. Your opinion is completely wrong in relation to what the truth.

All programs want their fans to be part of the program and fans saying "we" when talking about Tennessee in general is completely acceptable based of what programs expects out from fans. Which is for fans to contribute and be part of them.

Respect isn't just something that is given out. All the respect our program had over the years has been lost with the losses. This is the 3rd game of earning the respect back and proving the we deserve to be respected.

I can't blame folks for the lack of respect. Been a Vol fan all my life and unfortunately if I had to bet my life savings on this game , I'm not sure if I wouldn't lay the points and go with Oregon

VN Store

Back