Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

When Dawn hangs around 30-40 years and wins consistently and keeps her team at the top of the game she may be considered "Legendary." Or maybe some back-to-back championships or something. Hell, it took her 6 years just to become relevant after failing to do so in her first 5 seasons at SC and at her previous coaching stop. At this point, she is not legendary. I guess we could call Kim Mulkey Legendary. 24 years as a D-1 head coach, fastest male or female coach to 600 wins and never 1 losing record to go along with 4 NCAA titles and turning a defunct LSU program into a national champion in year 2. Those are legendary stats. I'm thinking with the talent that has rolled through SC the last 7 years they should have more than 2 titles, but I regress.
I would imagine she’s the fastest to 600 because of her suspect scheduling 😉

Thursday night should be very interesting. The home court advantage in this game will be huge for LSU but are they deep enough to get the win? This one will likely be decided in the last few minutes of the game.

I could see foul troubles for LSU’s thin lineup if the home cooking is not over the top, Reese in particular. Hall will need to play her best defense on Williams who might be the most troublesome player for SC to guard in this matchup. I think Watkins will neutralize Morrow somewhat and Raven will make HVL’s night a tough one but also FJ is going to be hard for PaoPao to guard. Cardoso really needs her A game against Reese.

Last edited:

Hoping CU takes full advantage and makes a deep tournament run this season. They will be starting over a bit again next year.

Vonleh will be back which is big, but they lose Miller, Sherrod, Formann, Whitaker, Sadler, Nolan and maybe one more. I don’t think Formann and Sadler have a covid year. They are seniors and came in 20-21.

They have a bunch of freshman on the roster but none of them have played enough to know what we might see from Colorado next year. They will need some quality guard transfers and a forward out of the portal to stay competitive imo.

The Caitlin "Spin Cycle". Where's CC's vaunted court vision? Didn't have it here. But lucky for her, she did have Derrick Henry's stiff arm.

This is so ridiculous I thought I'd bring it up again. Bluder out there oh so seriously with concerns for CC safety. OSU AD apologized. And certainly visiting players and fans interacting like that shouldn't happen. Have to provide a safe corridor for exit.

But the absurdity of that flop, the uber drama of the flailing hands, is just Euro League Soccer great.

The Caitlin "Spin Cycle". Where's CC's vaunted court vision? Didn't have it here. But lucky for her, she did have Derrick Henry's stiff arm.

This is so ridiculous I thought I'd bring it up again. Bluder out there oh so seriously with concerns for CC safety. OSU AD apologized. And certainly visiting players and fans interacting like that shouldn't happen. Have to provide a safe corridor for exit.

But the absurdity of that flop, the uber drama of the flailing hands, is just Euro League Soccer great.

Way too much cover for Her Highness. I still think it was intentional on CC’s part. The fan had time to react and tried to avoid her. Caitlin was having no part of avoiding the collision. 💥

Last edited:
Way too much cover for Her Highness. I still think it was intentional of CC’s part. The fan had time to react and tried to avoid her. Caitlin was having no part of avoiding the collision. 💥
Right. It was an instant reaction from a disappointed and pissed off young person. CC was not going to forego the opportunity. Then the epic flop just naturally followed. Muscle memory.

And the fan shouldn't have been in proximity for sure. But now the cover up, w Iowa officials and fans tut tutting their heads off. And acting like the video doesn't exist.

Clark may have over reacted, but I’m also not a fan of court storming. I remember a number of years ago several students and fans were injured at Stanford when fans rushed the court.

It’s not like Ohio State did something worth storming the court anyway. They beat a ranked opponent at home, hardly a reason to storm the court imo.

Clark dropped almost 50 on them. Hardly something to cheer about.

Clark may have over reacted, but I’m also not a fan of court storming. I remember a number of years ago several students and fans were injured at Stanford when fans rushed the court.

It’s not like Ohio State did something worth storming the court anyway. They beat a ranked opponent at home, hardly a reason to storm the court imo.

Clark dropped almost 50 on them. Hardly something to cheer about.
That was hardly “court storming”. One fan slowly walking in a wide open 20 foot circle of open space. Clark clearly sought out the “collision” to facilitate her theatrical attention seeking flop. I thought this the minute I saw the film but since I never post over here I didn’t bring it up. But since others, are I decided to pile on.

VN Store

Back