Norman

Seriously though. If anyone in volnation has been on the fence about going to Norman, please just go. Make it happen. I know it's a long trip but the team needs its fans and it could be a magical experience.

I've already got my ticket, and departure time was set this morning. Planning on getting there kinda early to see who all I can meet. If you see a dude in a black/smoky grey checkerboard mask (no, the mask doesn't come off only 'cause I'm an ugly SOB.......I'm doing it for your protection lol), say hey!!!

Reactions: VFL 89
I've already got my ticket, and departure time was set this morning. Planning on getting there kinda early to see who all I can meet. If you see a dude in a black/smoky grey checkerboard mask (no, the mask doesn't come off only 'cause I'm an ugly SOB.......I'm doing it for your protection lol), say hey!!!

I will be there with my little bro! Driving up Friday and staying with his daughter in Oklahoma City.

Yeah it’s my name in Elvish. I was on a big lotr kick in highschool and it’s stuck as my screen name everywhere. No one ever has it so it works out LOL

So the Mariner had another daughter, who was named after Galadriel. I guess big sis became queen and you were gifted to travel to the Undying Lands of Rocky Top.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Now that the NC St game is behind us, we can discuss the upcoming game in Norman. We played a pretty vanilla offensive game vs NC State. Expect the kitchen sink in Norman. Heupel has that game circled as we all know.
We def were not Vanilla in the NC State game. The two TE wrinkle was a great addition to the offense. NC State dropped 8 in coverage over 80% of the time. Josh seen that and decided to just pound the rock. That was the gameplan.

I don't think we "held back" agaisnt NC State. They dropped 8 into coverage all night so we killed them with runs and TE passing. The downfield passing wasn't explosive because they took that away by choice
Exactly! They said if you are going to beat us, its going to be running the football. CJH and company said BET

NC State QB was better…
And the defense was about the same.

We’re about to destroy those guys.
Oklahoma has an all-American middle LB who looked the part against Houston. They have Terry at DT who was solid for us. Their QB was the #1 rated qb recruit in 2023. I think they have slightly better personnel than NC St, but not 40 points better.

Oklahoma has an all-American middle LB who looked the part against Houston. They have Terry at DT who was solid for us. Their QB was the #1 rated qb recruit in 2023. I think they have slightly better personnel than NC St, but not 40 points better.
Defense good. Offense has been a free fall and huge mystery. Too far to improve to be much better.

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
Honestly unless we go in there and implode with turnovers, we should win that game by multiple scores. Their oline stinks. Our dline is elite.
Nico had some bad INTs against NCST, and OU generated a lot of turnovers last year. that definitely can even things out, especially if we are in minus territory.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Sweet! Thanks for "representing"! Yeah, wear that mask. COVID is on the rampage. Caught it two days after flying to Alaksa last month on a fishing trip. Didn't mask up due to 10hr long flight. Had to fish with 101 fever for three days which sucked!!

Reactions: DeusExMachina
Sweet! Thanks for "representing"! Yeah, wear that mask. COVID is on the rampage. Caught it two days after flying to Alaksa last month on a fishing trip. Didn't mask up due to 10hr long flight. Had to fish with 101 fever for three days which sucked!!

Oh no, definitely not that type of mask. This is my mask, but the white has been changed to a black/smoky grey fade from left to right.

AGbiZ60D_400x400.jpg

Oh cool! I love it. Did you make that? I want one for halloween.

Nope. Had it 3D printed, but I hand-painted it after that.

Couldn't get the original version (couldn't get their customer service department to answer me about getting one that was unpainted), so I made my own.

Honestly unless we go in there and implode with turnovers, we should win that game by multiple scores. Their oline stinks. Our dline is elite.

I hope you're right. My BVS is still at code orange.

I do think Oklahoma's defense is legit and could give our offense issues. We need to find ways to get our WRs open and be more dynamic.

However, after watching the game Saturday night, I will state that our strength is no longer Nico and the offense, it is our defense. Our defensive line is a force to be reckon with and lived up to hype. I think that is going to be the difference in this game. Our defense will cause OU havoc all game.

Surprise of the season. Regardless if it was just 'Nooga in the first game, to not give up a single offensive touchdown thus far (including with our backups) is pretty darn impressive.

VN Store

Back