North Korea USA Summit

Sadly, no matter how much Obama begged, he was unable to do this.

D-Z1nv2XUAA-TGr.jpg

I disagree with you.

If you believe Trump is getting played by DPKR that’s your right, but I don’t believe that.

I’d say better than 50% chance that North Korea goes through with complete denuclearization by 2030 if Trump is re-elected in 2020.

If Trump loses the election, then I’d say less than 5% chance.

In my opinion, Trump is allowing Kim to save face to slowly give in on denuclearization by opening the door to the same type of economic prosperity enjoyed by South Korea.

The media has been mostly negative on Trump’s outreach to North Korea since the first summit was announced early last year. The media would be wise to focus on reporting instead of editorializing.

This type of change happens in years not days.

Are you high?

Why wouldn’t Iran restart their weapons program? North Korea just got a visit from the President of the United States!

After watching the debates he wants to know what the Dems will give him? He is confused about the male abortions and wonders why they spoke Spanish.

I'm no fan of Trump, and I don't like how he admires despots and muses on the benefits of autocracy. I hope something good and concrete comes from this, not just a photo op. I have my doubts, but I hope Trump succeeds.

That said, this topic aggravates the **** out of me. Just a few years ago, liberals were praising Obama for wanting to meet with Kim while conservatives were demonizing him for it. Now, Trump has met with Kim a few times, the Right loves and praises it, while the Left rails against him for doing so. If any issue captures the hypocrisy of American partisanship, it is this one.

I did not say that, at all. I'm saying it is a difficult call.

On the one hand it may be the best we can hope for.

On the other it leaves them with 60 nukes.

The alternatives might be far worse.

We have to change the paradigm.
I’ve said it 1000 time. Let’s get them manufacturing TVs for us and they won’t want to shoot us anymore.

Reactions: ajvol01
I'm no fan of Trump, and I don't like how he admires despots and muses on the benefits of autocracy. I hope something good and concrete comes from this, not just a photo op. I have my doubts, but I hope Trump succeeds.

That said, this topic aggravates the **** out of me. Just a few years ago, liberals were praising Obama for wanting to meet with Kim while conservatives were demonizing him for it. Now, Trump has met with Kim a few times, the Right loves and praises it, while the Left rails against him for doing so. If any issue captures the hypocrisy of American partisanship, it is this one.

Exactly.
I thought the best thing Obama could do was have that meeting. And was criticized for thinking that by people now singing trumps praises

Exactly.
I thought the best thing Obama could do was have that meeting. And was criticized for thinking that by people now singing trumps praises

Other than the Iran deal, what foreign policy deal(s) did Obama succeed in negotiating?

I honestly can’t remember any.

Exactly.
Yeah, I can understand policy differences. But this issue is just partisan BS of the worst kind.

My apologies.

His admin got the deal done.

I didn’t mean the deal was a success.

There is an argument to be made that the two situations are similar.

We could go to war with Iran. But Obama talks to them and arrives at a deal that at least slows their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like Israel may glow in the dark.

We could go to war with North Korea. But Trump angles for a deal to slow their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like South Korea may glow in the dark.

Maybe we should give both presidents a bit of a break for having to make tough and somewhat unpopular choices.

We could go to war with Iran. But Obama talks to them and arrives at a deal that at least slows their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like Israel may glow in the dark.

We could go to war with North Korea. But Trump angles for a deal to slow their nuclear progress. Don't do it and a neighbor like South Korea may glow in the dark.

Maybe we should give both presidents a bit of a break for having to make tough and somewhat unpopular choices.
Pallets of cash shouldn't be a part of the NK deal in my opinion.

Relieving sanctions is all about the Benjamins, too. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak.
I'm more than ok with North Korea receiving economic prosperity due to concessions on denuclearization.

Not ok with untraceable cash being part of any deal - ever.

Too much likelihood that the deal is being done to line the pockets of the deal makers on both sides.

It’s not far off
Except in reality it would be Iran glowing in the dark at the hands of the Jews and not the other way around.
That option is still on the table btw. So while the pallets of cash certainly postponed it, it’s still a realistic possibility.

I'm more than ok with North Korea receiving economic prosperity due to concessions on denuclearization.

Not ok with untraceable cash being part of any deal - ever.

Too much likelihood that the deal is being done to line the pockets of the deal makers on both sides.

That's a distinction without a difference by you, designed to perpetuate the false narrative that Iran getting its cash back is somehow different than sanctions against NK being lifted. In both cases, we know where the money is going -- to the top.

That's a distinction without a difference by you, designed to perpetuate the false narrative that Iran getting its cash back is somehow different than sanctions against NK being lifted. In both cases, we know where the money is going -- to the top.
Nonsense. There was zero need to deliver nearly $2 billion of the $150 billion in cash.

Where did the money go? Untraceable?

VN Store

Back