Not General Booth's Salvation Army any more

Last edited:
To me this is even worse. Either you believe in something or you don't. You don't elect to put this out there and take it back like a fart in the wind at the first sign of controversy. This screams we have no values or convictions........ We just want your money.

I'm my view peddling the political football of white guilt is bad enough, but it is forgivable. To do that and backpedal like this shows you have no backbone, no convictions. That isn't forgivable. I will no longer give them anything, if anyone goes without they can blame themselves, my conscience is clear.

Last edited:
To me this is even worse. Either you believe in something or you don't. You don't elect to put this out there and take it back like a day in the wind at the first south of controversy. This screams we have no values or convictions........ We just want your money.

I'm my view peddling the political football of white guilt is bad enough, but it is forgivable. To do that and backpedal like this shows you have no backbone, no convictions. That isn't forgivable. I will no longer give them anything, if anyone goes without they can blame themselves, my conscience is clear.
At this point, anyone still suffering from white guilt is not forgivable. It's dragging everyone down when these kinds of messages are pushed. I hope every company pushing this garbage goes under and the suits who okayed these ads have to get jobs as sign spinners.

Are they helping people in need? If you believe that to be yes then that's all that matters.

From my experience, St. Jude's is a great place to support.

^^^ beat me to it. Best charity that i know of besides your local church food pantry etc.. our church pantry is open to anyone in the community in need, without them being pressured to attend our join our church. They will be invited and prayed for....thats it . Great way to directly put food in mouths that need it, anonymously.

They help a lot of people.
There is no shortage of organizations that help a lot of people, and many of them aren’t involved in political agendas. Why donate to an organization that is clearly prioritizing other things than its supposed charitable purpose? Donate your hard-earned money accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrislakevol
I'll see homeless people sometimes in Knoxville and other places. And I'll occasionally carry extra snacks and bottles of water in my car to give to them along with a few dollars if I run into someone in that situation. And just hope and pray they will use the money for the right thing.

While not the same, Remember the big cluster when The United Way was exposed. And to think they hoodwinked corporations into having employees contribute.

Reactions: davethevol
There is no shortage of organizations that help a lot of people, and many of them aren’t involved in political agendas. Why donate to an organization that is clearly prioritizing other things than its supposed charitable purpose? Donate your hard-earned money accordingly.
I’m not telling anyone to donate to any charitable organization- that’s a very personal decision.

I’m saying that they have helped a lot of people, which is true.
Also true for myriad other organizations.

Reactions: Vol423
Salvation Army telephoned today to ask for money.

However, I knew that they would not want to receive any money from a person of European descent.

Yes. I used to give them money (not just the kettle at Christmas).

So they had my telephone number.

VN Store

Back