Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

@volfanhill
Thought you would be interested in this. Local chain "Legend's" can't find servers to re open after renovation. Advertising for servers $1000 sign on bonus and $13-$20 per hour average. Kinda shocked.

I am paying $250 for referrals from current employees. Bring us someone we like and hire them you get $250. Another $250 after they complete training. It's ugly.

From my Growing Up In ET FB group Chapman Hwy looking south 1962...I didn't realize TN ever required front license plates. I only remember when they were based on county number...Knox was 4 Jefferson County was 36 View attachment 365264
That’s one of the Cas Walker’s where I bagged groceries. The other one was in Vestal.

What do you and corporate think is going on?
People making more money staying at home then they would working due to subsidized unemployment. That on top of the $1,400 per person in your home. As we have gotten further from the stimulus checks it's improved a little. I observed a conversation between a manager and an employee last week that made me shake my head. The employee told the manager "make sure you don't schedule me more then 20 hours next week. If you do I lose money from the state."

Louder and I came up with that idea over a meal. Had no idea it's already a thing. I should have...all my ideas are already done.
Eh I wouldn’t beat yourself up over this one. Tell me you and a buddy sitting on your patio drinking beer dont look at those and go “you know we should get a couple of mops and joust! Hell yeah!” 🤷‍♂️

People making more money staying at home then they would working due to subsidized unemployment. That on top of the $1,400 per person in your home. As we have gotten further from the stimulus checks it's improved a little. I observed a conversation between a manager and an employee last week that made me shake my head. The employee told the manager "make sure you don't schedule me more then 20 hours next week. If you do I lose money from the state."
Wow. That is freaking broken.

That's the conclusion I've heard from other industry as well.
I feel like it's employment musical chairs. when the music stops (gov economic support dries up), there will be a lot of people without a chair (job).

@volfanhill
Thought you would be interested in this. Local chain "Legend's" can't find servers to re open after renovation. Advertising for servers $1000 sign on bonus and $13-$20 per hour average. Kinda shocked.
You can make $15/hr sitting on the couch doing nothing and a large chunk of that will be tax free. Why would you want a job? An extra $5/hr isn’t enough to interest a lot of people.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

VN Store

Back