Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Anyone have experience contesting a tax appraisal? We got ours a couple weeks ago and it's more than I paid for the house last year. That seems a little much but everyone is getting boned by this housing market. Just wondering what I need in my corner if they want my reasons.

Anyone have experience contesting a tax appraisal? We got ours a couple weeks ago and it's more than I paid for the house last year. That seems a little much but everyone is getting boned by this housing market. Just wondering what I need in my corner if they want my reasons.

A real appraisal from a licensed appraiser would be a good start, but it might not help because it might not agree with the value you want. I can see why you're in the predicament you're in though
I bought a new construction house less than a year ago and similar homes by the same builder in the subdivision have already substantially jumped what I paid.

Edit: don't know where you are but be aware of your time frame to ask for a new value.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETV and AM64
Just one of those days... View attachment 365186

tenor.gif

Reactions: SumSoonerChick

Ask if they will lower your appraisal when the market becomes normal again.

Reactions: clarksvol00
From my Growing Up In ET FB group Chapman Hwy looking south 1962...I didn't realize TN ever required front license plates. I only remember when they were based on county number...Knox was 4 Jefferson County was 36 FB_IMG_1619799394076.jpg

From my Growing Up In ET FB group Chapman Hwy looking south 1962...I didn't realize TN ever required front license plates. I only remember when they were based on county number...Knox was 4 Jefferson County was 36 View attachment 365264

Too bad this picture doesn't show a gas station sign with the price of gas on it. Could be 25-35 cents a gallon.

Reactions: AM64
From my Growing Up In ET FB group Chapman Hwy looking south 1962...I didn't realize TN ever required front license plates. I only remember when they were based on county number...Knox was 4 Jefferson County was 36 View attachment 365264

Did you know they went by population and the county number changed if the population made a difference? Actually I think Knox was 3 and Hamilton was 4. Davidson was 1 even though Shelby had a bigger population - apparently because the capitol was in Davidson. If that picture is where it looks - Shoney's would have been somewhere around the top of the hill on the left in the mid 60s.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Did you know they went by population and the county number changed if the population made a difference? Actually I think Knox was 3 and Hamilton was 4. Davidson was 1 even though Shelby had a bigger population - apparently because the capitol was in Davidson. If that picture is where it looks - Shoney's would have been somewhere around the top of the hill on the left in the mid 60s.
Correct..Chatty was a 4. You could actually tell the county where the driver lived that one flipped off.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back