Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Huge second effort by Sampson to get the first down. That young man is a baller.

We were truly spoiled at QB last year with the best season EVER by a UT passer....we are spoiled this year at RB. Best RB room since Henry,Stephens, Lewis? Whats crazy is all 3 of them played in the NFL (Lewis is 1 of 3RBs to ever run for 2000yds in a season) and yet might not be the best 3 headed monster ever in UTs RB room....Cobb, Webb, Tony Thompson put up video game numbers as well. My Pappaw died swearing that Chuck Webb was the best runner to ever carry the ball on the Hill. He may be right, he usually was. Didnt Charlie Garner come behing Hayden and Stewart too? All 3 of them had NFL careers too that were productive.

Anyway...I was glad to hear for the 1st time someone say we have the best RB room in the country. I think hes correct and the 2 that shined today will both play NFL ball. Sampson may turn out to be better than Wright...but right now if Wright didnt have to split carries with 2 other backs he would still lead the SEC in YPGame. We are spoiled at RB. With 2 more freshmen RBs that Coach mentioned after the game and more on the way lol. We need to hit the transfer portal HARD for veteran Olinemen this offseason though. Unless Cooper decides to come back for a 5th year, we will struggle next season especially at center and left tackle. We have some really, really good prospects for the Oline between the 23 class and incoming 24class, but they will still be babies....not ready to push grown azz men SEC Dlinemen around. That only ever happens with 5* Olinemen that ball as frosh....and even that is quite rare.

Did somebody in our neighborhood just decide that tonight should be Halloween, or did everybody just decide that the traditional 31st was irrelevant? I went to Sam's yesterday for one thing in particular ... the candy. I managed to get everything else on the list and forgot the candy. Figured no big deal there were still a couple of days left. We pick the good stuff out of the big bags and let the kids have the rest; may not be happening this year.

Did somebody in our neighborhood just decide that tonight should be Halloween, or did everybody just decide that the traditional 31st was irrelevant? I went to Sam's yesterday for one thing in particular ... the candy. I managed to get everything else on the list and forgot the candy. Figured no big deal there were still a couple of days left. We pick the good stuff out of the big bags and let the kids have the rest; may not be happening this year.
1698552278656.jpeg
1698552413695.jpeg

Do y’all remember the days of worrying about bowl eligibility and how we were going to get there in November?

You mean when there were like ten honest to God bowls and no NC BS, or when there were a hundred bowls and you just needed six wins to play in one?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Seems like there is or was a Potato Bowl in Idaho. Some of the current bowl games seem more like penalties for being mildly successful.

Theres a bowl in Shreveport LA from what I remember...the Dukes mayo (,gross) bowl in charlotte is garbage too, but at least is played in a mostly empty NFL stadium. Theres a few bowl games played in some garbage small towns that you know the players don't even want to go risk an injury playing in...all I know is if we ever get invited to the Music City bowl again, we had better decline. We got absolutely jobbed by the refs vs UNC and then got jobbed by the refs again last time on a clear cut TD that had even Flarduh and Bama fans complaining about how terrible the call was. We flat cannot win a bowlgame in Nashville. No point in going IMO.

Got to give it to Joe for being clutch tonight and making some big plays to win that game. He did it passing and running...and actually escaped the pocket at LEAST 3 times to complete a ball downfield. Seems like 5 times but not certain there. Our pass defense immediately went to crap again on the edges without Hadden....Slaughter got torched tonight and so did Jeudy Lally. I felt like we had a decent chance to beat UGA at home until we lost him. Uk QB threw for 350yds 2TDS no picks. UgA kid is likely to throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs....

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back