Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I’m not old enough to do an Alaska cruise. We’re trying to decide on what line for next New Year’s. Celebrity and Carnival have 8 day cruise’s leaving 12/28/24, just waiting on the wife to make a decision.
We're not old either, Boomer. That's why we want to go when we're young.

Just exactly what age is considered “old” in here?

Still 21-7 at the half. There is a Junior from SSC's school that needs to get looked at by the Vols. The kids plays WR/CB and is the kick return man.

He'll be a superstar... and he's airway got Bama sniffing around.

Someone tell the AD in Knoxville to bring their ass out here and give Trystan Haynes a look. The kid is slippery as hell and fast.

Too much!

I’ve been nothing but happy since we got here. Except for earlier this morning when we got stuck in traffic going to the grocery store. I’m like “Where in the Hell did all these people come from??”

When I was in radar school at Redstone, I drove home (middle TN) every weekend. Then a couple of years ago we made the same trip, and it seemed forever getting out of Huntsville. Places on 431 like Hazel Green were just isolated dots, and now almost a part of Huntsville. TN 50/55 after Fayetteville to Tullahoma didn't seem tremendously different.

Except right around Scottsboro and Huntsville, 72 doesn't seem to be as congested as 431 out of Huntsville - could be misleading because 72 isn't a two lane road these days ... fortunately because the two lane stuff years ago was awful. I used to take I-59 and cut across the mountain and river to Scottsboro to avoid as much of 72 as possible - a truly disgusting road in the old days.

after hundreds of hours learned the 20 7 chord arpeggios and linked them across the fretboard. Can now use 6 scale modes, arpeggios, major and minor mpentatonics, superimpostions which really sound good for soloing. Hitting target notes need work. Even got into enclosures, which are jazz inspired, but long ways to go on those but may move on. Learned a ton of misuc theory last 10 months and oracticing 5-6 hours day. Too bad I am too old and my fingers may give out.

Time to learn some songs as I have forgotten so many.

My fingers still get the right idea on my bagpipe chanter ... electric these days. Need a whole lot more work though, but it's amazing how long something you learn sticks around. Doubt that I'll ever manage to play my pipes again - four sets of reeds takes a whole lot of air, and that got disrupted with open heart surgery for the first aortic valve and then two rotator cuff injuries and surgeries. Getting old sucks.

I’m not old enough to do an Alaska cruise. We’re trying to decide on what line for next New Year’s. Celebrity and Carnival have 8 day cruise’s leaving 12/28/24, just waiting on the wife to make a decision.

Even I'm not old enough for an Alaska cruise. You gotta be on life support to look forward to going someplace not warm and inviting.

VN Store

Back