Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I do like the bikini weather better than sweater weather.
Just go in July. In fact try to do July 4th we got to see a great fireworks show leaving one of the ports. And as long as you don’t want to jump in the water you’ll be running around in shorts and a tee shirt. The horse flies are vicious however. I had blood trails running down my legs from the little bastards.

Just go in July. In fact try to do July 4th we got to see a great fireworks show leaving one of the ports. And as long as you don’t want to jump in the water you’ll be running around in shorts and a tee shirt. The horse flies are vicious however. I had blood trails running down my legs from the little bastards.

I’m booked in July until I retire.

I do like the bikini weather better than sweater weather.

When I used to fly to Japan a lot, the flight I normally took went through Anchorage, crossing the northern Rockies was spectacular, but nothing about Alaska really looked inviting. Living in Denver and Maine cleared up any interest in cold places.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Always seems so amazing that flying insects can be so bad in places that have really cold winters. Maybe they just have such short lifespans and living seasons so they are determined to make the most of it.

When I used to fly to Japan a lot, the flight I normally took went through Anchorage, crossing the northern Rockies was spectacular, but nothing about Alaska really looked inviting. Living in Denver and Maine cleared up any interest in cold places.

Been to Anchorage once and the flight in was spectacular.

Always seems so amazing that flying insects can be so bad in places that have really cold winters. Maybe they just have such short lifespans and living seasons so they are determined to make the most of it.
Oh the little bastards are vicious. They aren’t big at all but they are aggressive and blood thirsty.

I always laugh at people that say “we need a good freeze to kill off the bugs”.

Mosquitoes in MI, WI and MN are big as hummingbirds…

At least. In MN they are huge man, 1st time i saw one I was like WTF??

Please Bama hang on and knock UGA out of the playoffs. Texas will love that spot. I think Louisville has a good chance to beat overrated FSU also...then maybe UGA gets in anyway? Should be interesting

Been to Anchorage once and the flight in was spectacular.

My wife decided one year to do her two week Navy Reserve time in Alaska. Operation Alaskan Road was a big joint forces project spanning several years (summer only) to build a road on Annette Island ... a commitment made to the Indian community living on the island. She was assigned an ambulance (think something like a Humvee) and to be at the work site in case of injury; she didn't hate it, but when she didn't get stuck going to Camp Lejeune, I noticed she went other places like Crete and Sicily - and she likes cold weather a whole lot more than I do. Her pictures looked a lot like this one which to my way of thinking isn't in the least inviting - don't think I ever saw one with sunshine.

Annette_Island_roadbuilding.jpg

I flew over Alaska a few weeks ago and the visibility in the western part of the state was amazing. I haven't seen that in a long time if ever. And yes it is rugged and spartan, but quite beautiful. I think it would be a great place to build a massive prison. Send them all there. Wouldn't even need any fences. Kind of an Escape from Alaska kind of thing.

I flew over Alaska a few weeks ago and the visibility in the western part of the state was amazing. I haven't seen that in a long time if ever. And yes it is rugged and spartan, but quite beautiful. I think it would be a great place to build a massive prison. Send them all there. Wouldn't even need any fences. Kind of an Escape from Alaska kind of thing.

Hell I'd become a criminal for a taxpayer sponsored stay in the Alaskan wilderness.

The truth of the matter is GA and AL are the 2 best teams in CFB this season and it really pains me to say that.
Oh I think you have to include Michigan in the discussion but I pretty much agree. And it’s going to be interesting to see how the CFP rationalizes to either A) keep the leg humpers in the playoff after losing their conf championship or B) leap the gumps over TX with the horns having the head to head win, the same record, and winning their conf. And tOSU is a stalker that’s gonna be screaming to be included too. It’s gonna be popcorn worthy I’ll bet 😂

Oh I think you have to include Michigan in the discussion but I pretty much agree. And it’s going to be interesting to see how the CFP rationalizes to either A) keep the leg humpers in the playoff after losing their conf championship or B) leap the gumps over TX with the horns having the head to head win, the same record, and winning their conf. And tOSU is a stalker that’s gonna be screaming to be included too. It’s gonna be popcorn worthy I’ll bet 😂

I think including either GA or the Gumps will ensure another SEC title, if both were to get in on opposite sides of the bracket it will be a Gump/GA rematch. MI nor TX couldn’t beat either of them in the playoffs.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think including either GA or the Gumps will ensure another SEC title, if both were to get in on opposite sides of the bracket it will be a Gump/GA rematch. MI nor TX couldn’t beat either of them in the playoffs.
Oh I think you’re right as far as who is playing well right now. But they’ve got the whole body of work to consider and that Longhorn loss by the gumps I think is gonna have some hang time. I do think at least one will get in I’m just looking forward to the excuses 😂

Oh I think you’re right as far as who is playing well right now. But they’ve got the whole body of work to consider and that Longhorn loss by the gumps I think is gonna have some hang time. I do think at least one will get in I’m just looking forward to the excuses 😂

I’m hoping neither one gets in but if the CFP committee holds true to their mission statement of selecting the 4 best teams both GA and AL gets a spot. Thankfully they won’t adhere to their mission and at best only 1 gets in.

VN Store

Back