Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Not fishing...can't stand fishing..my son freaking loves it...id rather read a book..but i love being on the boat
I absolutely hate the 4-5 hour ride out to the fishing grounds in the ocean/Gulf. There is nothing fun about that. Then when you get there, you are out in the hot sun to maybe catch that one great fish. But at least you have the 4-5 hour ride back to look forward to. Not that I am much of a golfer either, but you are no farther than 10 minutes from an airconditioned bar and your chances of hitting that one sweet shot are much better.

Reactions: whodeycin85
I absolutely hate the 4-5 hour ride out to the fishing grounds in the ocean/Gulf. There is nothing fun about that. Then when you get there, you are out in the hot sun to maybe catch that one great fish. But at least you have the 4-5 hour ride back to look forward to. Not that I am much of a golfer either, but you are no farther than 10 minutes from an airconditioned bar and your chances of hitting that one sweet shot are much better.
I love golfing..that's my peace..I wish I could do it more. Never been deep water fishing but it might be fun as I studied to be an oceanographers for a semester in college

I read a recent study that was done at a university sleep center IIRC that showed THC may help some feel sleepy and fall asleep (especially if one gets the munchies and gorges themselves into rest and digest mode) but that the THC also prevented the patients from entering the all important REM sleep cycles that actually get the rest we need.

I just googled looking for it and cant find it...but 2 different sources inclusing this recent one from the NIH seem to state the same as I read in that basically its believed that while THC is bad for REM and also SWS deep sleep over the longterm, CBD seems to be good for sleep and would be a better sleep aid. I personally dont use either anymore so i dont have an opinion 1 way or the other. I take prescription Trazodone for sleep...it is a cheap non narcotic drug prescribed by my doctor that is actually a really ineffective SSRI antidepressant that was developed by a pharmaceutical company hoping it would work like Prozac or Zoloft etc...but in clinical trials it didnt help people with depression, but it did make them all sleepy and had no real side effects or groggy feelings the next day. So it was approved by the FDA and is prescribed off label for sleeplessness. It has been a Godsend for me....but I am not a doctor etc. Anyway herès that NIH article

SSRIs are evil; stay far away.

I love golfing..that's my peace..I wish I could do it more. Never been deep water fishing but it might be fun as I studied to be an oceanographers for a semester in college
The boat ride sucks ball. NOTHING fun about it.

I used to love golf until I moved to Florida. I don't like the grass here, and you have to use a cart, and there's always a marshal out there looking at his watch.. I liked walking when I lived in Utah and the courses were far superior to the garbage they have here.

The boat ride sucks ball. NOTHING fun about it.

I used to love golf until I moved to Florida. I don't like the grass here, and you have to use a cart, and there's always a marshal out there looking at his watch.. I liked walking when I lived in Utah and the courses were far superior to the garbage they have here.
Canyon Ridge..Lookout Mtn and absolutely stunning.
Ibet Utah has some beauties even better.
1719957272834.jpeg
dang..they closed it. Played it about 15 years ago.

Yeah it's absolutely awful riding on a boat for 4-5 hours.

Yesterday I got my act together and sprayed the vines trying to take over the house. Wife was in bed and assured me she didn't need anything, so I started getting everything together to mix and fill the sprayer, and heard a thud as I went out with gloves. She was on the bathroom floor, got her up, she did her thing, and got back to bed. I extracted a promise she would stay there until I got back in. Finished the job - dropped outer clothes in the garage and the rest in the laundry room and headed up to the shower. The BR door was shut and wouldn't open - wife was on the other side saying it wasn't her fault that the door locked. Got tools and the door wouldn't unlock, so I took the knob off - still no luck. Then I looked up and the door was wedged shut with my robe in the top corner - so I just banged it open. She agreed to stay where she was until I got out of the shower.

Anyway she swore she never agreed not to get up - and she did everything right.

Found out today the 110 outlets in the truck actually work. The wife's car battery was dead when I wanted to move it before spraying, so I charged it some and started it to get it out of the way. Today it wouldn't start, and the charger was easier to get to than jumper cables, so I just plugged the charger in the truck and let it charge enough to start. Looks like a couple of trickle chargers are necessary - no way to drive three cars enough when I can't be away for more than an hour or two without a mini-disaster when I get back in the house.

Yesterday I got my act together and sprayed the vines trying to take over the house. Wife was in bed and assured me she didn't need anything, so I started getting everything together to mix and fill the sprayer, and heard a thud as I went out with gloves. She was on the bathroom floor, got her up, she did her thing, and got back to bed. I extracted a promise she would stay there until I got back in. Finished the job - dropped outer clothes in the garage and the rest in the laundry room and headed up to the shower. The BR door was shut and wouldn't open - wife was on the other side saying it wasn't her fault that the door locked. Got tools and the door wouldn't unlock, so I took the knob off - still no luck. Then I looked up and the door was wedged shut with my robe in the top corner - so I just banged it open. She agreed to stay where she was until I got out of the shower.

Anyway she swore she never agreed not to get up - and she did everything right.
I'm sure you have your moments of impatience but you are very patient and accommodating to her. And she sounds as stubborn as me.

VN Store

Back