Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

You have a hobby you wanna get more into?
Pick up a skill like guitar?
Travel?
Do something completely new like nude ice skating?

traveling nude guitarist on ice skates.

get back into golf, try the pickle ball thing, some business mentoring, some travel,

I've been a prof for just over 1/2 my life and had a job at a university since 1981 (with the exception of one year). Time for a change of scenery.

Don’t make any. Because in 6 months you’re gonna wonder when you used to have time to work.

And don’t buy a palm router.

I don't know what that is but I might have bought one.

to be honest the life of a professor is basically a bunch of free time (thank you state tax payers) so my free time won't change much but the BS factor will be greatly reduced.

home time during Covid convinced me I can entertain myself

I don't know what that is but I might have bought one.

to be honest the life of a professor is basically a bunch of free time (thank you state tax payers) so my free time won't change much but the BS factor will be greatly reduced.

home time during Covid convinced me I can entertain myself
I’m doing part time work back at the former company to keep my brain from turning more into mush and when I’m actually working with the young kids on a problem it’s very rewarding and enjoyable, not to mention lucrative. There is only so much golf and fishing a person can do. I find myself more and more avoiding the senior people because frankly they’re annoying now and I don’t have to deal with them anymore if I don’t want to.

The most cool thing in this setup is before when l had to decide personal life vs work for some event or trip by and large work had to win if on nothing more than economics. Now if approached even on a last minute event that interests me my usual answer is sure let’s do I’ll tell them I’m not coming in today. And not give it a second thought.

I’m doing part time work back at the former company to keep my brain from turning more into mush and when I’m actually working with the young kids on a problem it’s very rewarding and enjoyable, not to mention lucrative. There is only so much golf and fishing a person can do. I find myself more and more avoiding the senior people because frankly they’re annoying now and I don’t have to deal with them anymore if I don’t want to.

The most cool thing in this setup is before when l had to decide personal life vs work for some event or trip by and large work had to win if on nothing more than economics. Now if approached even on a last minute event that interests me my usual answer is sure let’s do I’ll tell them I’m note coming in today. And not give it a second thought.

that's awesome.

we do some leadership training professional education through the school. I've been involved for 3 years and it's very rewarding. I'll keep doing that. They pay me enough to make it interesting but it's more for the engagement. I wish my actual students were as eager to learn/improve themselves as these employees (most who never went or will go to college). It's all the good of teaching without the crap.

My job now is to keep myself engaged

VN Store

Back