Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I'm still trying to figure out if VA Tech just sucks that bad or Vandy is a little better than planned...

Feels weird saying that.

The ACC looking like crap this season lmao. FSU beat by FCS school...NCSU trailing in 4th qtr to FCS school...VATech beat by Candy...and if Miami thinks they are gonna walk into the swamp for an easy win, we know how that plan works out.

Best of it all is that pseudo-ACC team ND can go get beat by aTM too...ND is officially an ACC school in Bball, but independent in Football...yet they play 5 ACC teams this year in football. As always they are ranked 10 spots higher than they should be.

Oh and the pups destroyed klempson 44-3...

Reactions: AM64
Wow. 5* DE freshman Ross with a punt block and TD in his 1st game. He is buried on the depth chart behind 1st team AA Pearce and Josephs, but he looked good today on defense and amazing on that punt block. He wasnt a consensus 5* (they call those a 5*+ these days) but how great is it that we have a 5* Edge as talented as Ross buried 3rd team on the depth chart!

This team in notably faster, bigger, and much deeper than that 22 squad that went 11-2 and narrowly missed the 4 team playoff. 22 team finished the season ranked 6th . This is a better team IMO.

Wow. 5* DE freshman Ross with a punt block and TD in his 1st game. He is buried on the depth chart behind 1st team AA Pearce and Josephs, but he looked good today on defense and amazing on that punt block. He wasnt a consensus 5* (they call those a 5*+ these days) but how great is it that we have a 5* Edge as talented as Ross buried 3rd team on the depth chart!

This team in notably faster, bigger, and much deeper than that 22 squad that went 11-2 and narrowly missed the 4 team playoff. 22 team finished the season ranked 6th . This is a better team IMO.
That punt block return was nice. But kind of mean too.... haha

** correction to my previous post regarding 5* freshman Edge Jordan Ross and his punt block/TD today.

I incorrectly listed him as 3rd team. I forgot about sophomore Caleb Herring, who put on over 40lbs since coming to UT and now weighs 255lbs. Our depth chart actually has Herring listed 3rd, Ross is in fact 4th on the depth chart at his position lmao.

We should see really good 2nd half defense this season since we go 13 or 14 players deep in our rotation. Garner can keep fresh bodies on the field for all 60 minutes...no more getting worn down in the 2nd half against the gumps and pups. So excited for this season.

** correction to my previous post regarding 5* freshman Edge Jordan Ross and his punt block/TD today.

I incorrectly listed him as 3rd team. I forgot about sophomore Caleb Herring, who put on over 40lbs since coming to UT and now weighs 255lbs. Our depth chart actually has Herring listed 3rd, Ross is in fact 4th on the depth chart at his position lmao.

We should see really good 2nd half defense this season since we go 13 or 14 players deep in our rotation. Garner can keep fresh bodies on the field for all 60 minutes...no more getting worn down in the 2nd half against the gumps and pups. So excited for this season.

It's also nice to have a competent QB with a couple of credible backups. Hopefully the years with QBs like JG and Milton are in the past. Both played hard (especially JG), but both were out of their league, too. Hopefully there will be plenty more games where the backups can play and gain experience. That was one of my biggest beefs against Milton; he was always in the game because his offense constantly stumbled and never got the separation necessary for others to gain game experience.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Lmao...its gonna be a LONG season in Gainesville. Miami is beating the brakes off these fools in the swamp. Hahahaha

The only downside of this is when they fire Billy for not making a bowlgame again...they are gonna offer to make Kiffin the highest paid coach in the SEC at flarduh. Kiffin at flarduh is not a good scenario IMO because he is a good recruiter and 1 of the best playcallers in cfb. I want Billy to have a long tenure in the swamp...

Who would have ever guessed that Bama would be the only school in FBS that was incapable of furnishing a working set of radios for the visiting team?!?!

After an illegal 6 MINUTE DELAY between WKU receiving the kickoff and being able to snap the ball 1st and 10....bama coach looked like he was gonna CRY when his team had to give up THEIR radios/headsets just like the visiting team radios they are still incapable of giving the other team...

They force a WKU punt, and AGAIN BAMA coaches have to be told to TAKE OFF THEIR HEADSETS and stop trying to cheat.

They KNOW THESE RULES. Hell.

I KNOW these rules. They have been discussed at length on VN....you could read DeBoers lips whining to the ref " But MY coordinator is up in the pressbox!!"

Freaking gumps man. So is literally every other coordinator in FBS. STOP CHEATING

VN Store

Back