Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

We are gonna destroy NCSU

State pulled away 38 to 21 in the 4th quarter because WCU starters were just flat worn out by then...but that FCS school outplayed and LEAD NCSU 21-17 at the start of the 4th quarter. We are much better than them on the offensive and defensive lines. We are also better than them at skill positions. I think we blow them out now by 21 points or more. Before todays game, i thought we would win by 7 to 10 points but they simply will not be able to keep us from pushing them around on both sides of the LOS. That will be the difference next Saturday when i lose my voice in Panthers stadium. Dirtnap.

Concepion is going to be a problem for our D.
Mccall looked pretty good, but not great, against an FCS school. regardless of his stats.
their D looked pretty soft, problems tackling, but that may be first game rust type stuff.

for what its worth, NCST's opponent WCU and UTC are in the same conference. and while the transitory property doesn't work all to well in football, we are both facing a similar level of competition in game one.

Concepion is going to be a problem for our D.
Mccall looked pretty good, but not great, against an FCS school. regardless of his stats.
their D looked pretty soft, problems tackling, but that may be first game rust type stuff.

for what its worth, NCST's opponent WCU and UTC are in the same conference. and while the transitory property doesn't work all to well in football, we are both facing a similar level of competition in game one.

I agree Concepcion is a baller at WR...he might score a TD or even 2. McCall had dudes in his face/was getting hit on more snaps than not against an FCS defensive line. He is gonna be running for his life all game vs our defensive line. Pearce/Josephs etc will feast on them IMO. I dont think they will be able to run the ball at all against us. Fwiw, if Pili can stay healthy at LB...I dont think anyone is gonna make a living running the ball against our front 7 this year. We were good against the run last season with less talent up front and at LB.

On offense, i think we push them around pretty well and open up big holes in the running game. I am quite interested to see what vegas thinks about this game after we win saturday. I dont gamble, but i think the line opens up in our favor now and the over/under increases based on what the Pack looked like yesterday.

I agree Concepcion is a baller at WR...he might score a TD or even 2. McCall had dudes in his face/was getting hit on more snaps than not against an FCS defensive line. He is gonna be running for his life all game vs our defensive line. Pearce/Josephs etc will feast on them IMO. I dont think they will be able to run the ball at all against us. Fwiw, if Pili can stay healthy at LB...I dont think anyone is gonna make a living running the ball against our front 7 this year. We were good against the run last season with less talent up front and at LB.

On offense, i think we push them around pretty well and open up big holes in the running game. I am quite interested to see what vegas thinks about this game after we win saturday. I dont gamble, but i think the line opens up in our favor now and the over/under increases based on what the Pack looked like yesterday.
I think Nico in the run game is going to absolutely feast. WCU's qb was slow and didn't make the best decisions when running but still hurt them with his legs. Hopefully Nico learns to slide just to avoid some contact. I don't think we will need to fight for every yard in this one.

I've always thought a hog was just a male pig but turns out the term "hog" actually applies to a castrated male pig. An intact male pig is referred to as a "boar".

Reactions: AM64
If my wife doesn't get off the damn phone, so we can head to Knoxville, I'm going, I'm going, well I'm gonna....well sit here and wait but I want it noted in the file that I was ready to hit the road an hour ago per our agreement last night
That agreement was made with "last night wife". That contract is not transferable to "this morning wife".

I must be the VN record holder for "participation in the most deleted threads" per year.

I'm not proud of it. But notorious distinction is better than none at all.

If my wife doesn't get off the damn phone, so we can head to Knoxville, I'm going, I'm going, well I'm gonna....well sit here and wait but I want it noted in the file that I was ready to hit the road an hour ago per our agreement last night

That file is full, you’ll have to start another one like the rest of us.

Was gonna head to Knox to see my mom etc today...but ended up getting off later than desired. Then i checked Waze and it said 6hours instead of 4 so my trip is postponed. I am gonna instead live like a hermit indoors for most of the next 3 days and greatly enjoy not frying in ~100 degree heat index like we did all this week. Gonna have to stream the game on YouTube tomorrow...but thats no big deal. Cant wait to go to the NCSU/ Tennessee dirtnap next weekend with my remaining brother.

Nico looking good so far. No idea what Seldon was thinking there.
Youre streaming like me right? What time is it down in the Philippines? My Pappaw was stationed there for the Korean war. My mom and her sisters were preschool to elementary school aged (mom born in 54) they all loved it there. Great stories from my Pappaw from there...and a couple that were horrific. I have always wanted to go there.

Reactions: AM64
Youre streaming like me right? What time is it down in the Philippines? My Pappaw was stationed there for the Korean war. My mom and her sisters were preschool to elementary school aged (mom born in 54) they all loved it there. Great stories from my Pappaw from there...and a couple that were horrific. I have always wanted to go there.
It's 140 am here. I usually find the games on YouTube and watch them. It's rare I can't find a stream. It's a great place here

VN Store

Back