Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Everyone has heard by now about this being a revenge game for CJH vs Oklahoma...the normally stoic and tight lipped Coach was hilarious in his presser the other day saying "I have lots of respect for OK and that program...I am sure the crowd will be quiet for us out of respect for us, too." To paraphrase. Never heard him say anything that could fire up the opposition before especially on a road trip....

I learned another angle yesterday. The game that got Hype fired finally at OK was a 40-6 trouncing in the bowlgame vs Clemson...the defense that shut down Hypes OK offense was coached by Venables. He is the current head coach at OK...so the last time Hypes offense played Venables defense they were embarrassed. Even more motivation for the good guys. FwIw, their defense has been pretty good this year. They have a great LB and decent Dline. Venables is a good defensive coach as well.

I still have us pulling away tho.

VOLS. 38
OK. 20

What you got fellas?

Everyone has heard by now about this being a revenge game for CJH vs Oklahoma...the normally stoic and tight lipped Coach was hilarious in his presser the other day saying "I have lots of respect for OK and that program...I am sure the crowd will be quiet for us out of respect for us, too." To paraphrase. Never heard him say anything that could fire up the opposition before especially on a road trip....

I learned another angle yesterday. The game that got Hype fired finally at OK was a 40-6 trouncing in the bowlgame vs Clemson...the defense that shut down Hypes OK offense was coached by Venables. He is the current head coach at OK...so the last time Hypes offense played Venables defense they were embarrassed. Even more motivation for the good guys. FwIw, their defense has been pretty good this year. They have a great LB and decent Dline. Venables is a good defensive coach as well.

I still have us pulling away tho.

VOLS. 38
OK. 20

What you got fellas?
Tight in the 1st half. OK may lead. Also have us pulling away. Im at 35 24.

If we can hang almost 40 on OU’s defense I think we would be near unstoppable the rest of the season considering our own defense. We’ll know in a couple of days!

Win this game and we are in the playoffs IMO. Beat Bama at home too and we will be in the SEC champ game IMO. We can burn those bridges when we come to them...but there is real discussion to be had as to which path is best for a 1 loss UT team. I personally believe the no5 seed in the playoffs is the easiest path to the Championship game...easier than a no1 or no2 seed with a 1st round bye even. Thats for another time though
Lets get to 6-0 headed int9 Bama and go from there.

Edit: i am not implying that we will definitely lose 1 game either. Georgia is really good and so is Texas, but this is a special team we have here. This Dline especially is gonna put several guys in the NFL this year.

Hahahahaha. 0-3

You always wonder at times if the guy still believes there's hope - faithful but clueless; or if he's simply too demoralized to do what's necessary to save himself from further embarrassment. He could even have accepted his fate as cannon fodder ... just simply plodding long and living in the past and just taking the hits. Perhaps TN fans have set the standard for believing there's life after death, but it sure took a long time to start seeing the light again.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back