Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

1 thing worries me about this game. The line just inexplicably stopped moving right at UT by 7 points. Days ago. Yet literally everyone is reporting that there is an inconceivable amount of $$$ laid by normal people (squares) on UT...and more by the day.

Thats not how vegas works. Period. They keep moving the line all the way up until kickoff until they can get even $$$ laid on BOTH teams. Thats how they make their money. On fees for making the book. In a perfect world for them, exactly the same amount of $$$ is laid on EACH team vs the spread. Always. The line should have never stopped moving and should be at UT giving 10 or 12 points...whatever it took to get people to bet on OK. Thats how this works.

With everyone laying all their money on UT....either Vegas/fanduel/everyone is going to lose 100s of millions of dollars, which almost never happens, OR they will do absolutely ANYTHING they can to make sure that UT doesn't win. They have millions of reasons to make sure we lose. That is a terrible place to be for UT. What is the easiest way to influence the game? The refs IMO. The only other option would be to pay players to sabotage their own team...and I dont see that happening. Especially in a bigtime game where all the players legitimately believe they have a shot to go pro, and are auditioning for scouts in primetime on national TV. The refs are MUCH easier to get to, and penalties like holding by the Oline and pass interference can be called on ANY play really...they can extend OR kill a drive with either call. Officiating has already been terrible this year...SC got absolutely hosed saturday vs LSU, and I was pulling for LSU in that game. Ghost offensive P.I. call on an invisible WR won them the game on the last drive. It was so obvious the TV guys called the refs out for it and watched the replay twice looking for a WR #3 that didnt exist...

If we get screwed in this game i might stroke out lol. Getting beat by a superior team is one thing...getting robbed because of gambing is another. This is a symptom of legalized sports betting. People will always try to cheat the system. Before this crap was legal though, worst case was some local bookie bribing a player to suck etc with his limited resources. Now we have billion dollar companies like Caesars, FanDuel,etc etc with unlimited resources trying to fix games like this one when they stand to lose hundreds of millions of dollars if we win. Legalizing sports betting was as brilliant as allowing lobbying in politics...dumb as Hell...and the only reason either one of them is legal is because we allow the politicians that are supposed to represent the interests of ONLY their voters to instead do the bidding of the crooked bastards that fill their coffers.

Oklahoma is not a very good team this year. The ON3 national guys picked OK to go 6-6 this year. Six and six. Look at their schedule. 8-4 is the absolute ceiling for them. Should we blow them out? No. But there is no excuse for us losing this game to a team that has barely won over 2 unranked teams and trailed in the 4th quarter to them. If we lose this game in primetime on national TV...1 of 2 things happened. Either we crapped the bed again on the road under CJH...OR the fix was in. Thankfully we will find out tomorrow. I already posted what i think will happen in this thread. GO VOLS
...or maybe your assumption about the supposed imbalance of money flows is incorrect.

I will say this about OU fans...

They can be very gracious and hospitable hosts to non conference opponents and those they believe they can (or will) beat...

They can be downright poor losers to conference opponents and those they feel threatened by. They are still new to the SEC and don't feel like we're a conference opponent yet. In time, they can (and will) get downright ugly to visiting fans of conference teams.

Think of UGA or Bama fans when they lose. That's the level Oklahoma is at.

VN Store

Back