Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I would definitely try. A win vs Bama and we are likely in the playoffs regardless of what happens at UGA. If we can cobble together enough offense to actually win this week, i think it cures several problems. Builds Nicos confidence back up so he can relax and let his talent show, sustains momentum towards our season goals, gives the Oline 2 big wins in a row and shows that Arkansas was a low point for the season rather than an indicator of future struggles vs SEC opponents. Like last week, this game has huge implications.

I find it strange that we lost to OK and only fell 4 spots from #4 to #8 (shows you how far the program has come) and yet we fell 3 spots the next week for winning against flarduh. How do beat an SEC team and FALL 3 spots and out of the top 10?!? This Bama game amounts to a play-in game for the playoffs...for both teams. Bama will be prepared. Cant wait for kickoff. GO VOLS

I’m just the opposite, I’ve rolled with my Scotty Cameron Newport for 20 years now, the Scotty’s weren’t cheap back then, but not nearly as expensive as today. 2 of my buddies in our foursome roll with Ansers, the fourth still rolls with his Odessy White Hot two ball. My girl bought me a Bettinardi Inovai 10.0 for my birthday 2 years ago and I really really like it, but I wasn’t making as many putts with it and just couldn’t replace my Scotty with it. I’m a short knocker and have to rely on my putter and getting up and down and the Scotty rolls best for me. Since I can’t hit it very far anymore, putting is is my only chance to score well.
Yep completely understand. Remember I’m coming from a really old Slotline Inertial. It’s a really soft face. So all of the new mainstream putters forged from stainless feel much more severe to me. The Anser 2 is stainless with a milled face but the graphite shaft seems to really tame the feedback. And the test told the tale for me. Tighter groups and a few more drained with the Anser over the Newport. Putters I think are the most qualitative property club in the bag. It’s all about feel. The driver is largely driven by your launch data metrics. Reading on putters it always comes back to feel it seems.

Yep completely understand. Remember I’m coming from a really old Slotline Inertial. It’s a really soft face. So all of the new mainstream putters forged from stainless feel much more severe to me. The Anser 2 is stainless with a milled face but the graphite shaft seems to really tame the feedback. And the test told the tale for me. Tighter groups and a few more drained with the Anser over the Newport. Putters I think are the most qualitative property club in the bag. It’s all about feel. The driver is largely driven by your launch data metrics. Reading on putters it always comes back to feel it seems.

Yep, putting is mostly feel and confidence, the better the putter feels to you the more confident you are in your stroke and the more putts you’ll make.

I would definitely try. A win vs Bama and we are likely in the playoffs regardless of what happens at UGA. If we can cobble together enough offense to actually win this week, i think it cures several problems. Builds Nicos confidence back up so he can relax and let his talent show, sustains momentum towards our season goals, gives the Oline 2 big wins in a row and shows that Arkansas was a low point for the season rather than an indicator of future struggles vs SEC opponents. Like last week, this game has huge implications.

I find it strange that we lost to OK and only fell 4 spots from #4 to #8 (shows you how far the program has come) and yet we fell 3 spots the next week for winning against flarduh. How do beat an SEC team and FALL 3 spots and out of the top 10?!? This Bama game amounts to a play-in game for the playoffs...for both teams. Bama will be prepared. Cant wait for kickoff. GO VOLS
Marcus we beat OK, lost to arky. I got your point though. The polls sometimes don't make sense.

Reactions: AM64
I use a 50+ year old Arnold Palmer Charger #10 to putt. I have used it my whole life.

Hey ... whatever works best is A okay. An older gentleman that played a lot with my Dad and I back in the day used an old beat up bullseye blade putter that he copped from a putt- putt course and he could roll it with the best of em’, he was deadly inside of 15 feet.

Watched another video where Bull breaks down game tape, and he pointed out something never mentioned in the excellent video linked here yesterday:

On those 3 consecutive sacks of Nico in the 1st half, Jackson Lampley and Dane Davis were in for all 3. Davis at RT for Campbell, Lampley for 1 of the guards (i think Spraggins but not sure) those were the only 3 sacks we gave up in the game after giving up 5 vs Arkansas. So other than Heard, our starters actually had better games blocking, but Campbell did have 2 holding calls..both of which were questionable IMO. If the refs called holding on flarduh every time they grabbed a little jersey like Campbell did, they probably never score a TD at all.

Bishop had a couple bad pass protections again, including a complete whiff that left a DE completely unblocked running full speed directly at Nico. Fortunately Nico threw the ball away. This is likely why Sampson had 27 carries, the most all year. I love Bishop, he runs North/South without fear and almost never loses yards because he is fearless...just like Sampson when he was younger, bad pass blocking is what keeps him off the field.

Edit: video link below. Bull does a good job. I watch/listen to him about once a week. He keeps up with recruiting too, which is great.

Last edited:
Hey ... whatever works best is A okay. An older gentleman that played a lot with my Dad and I back in the day used an old beat up bullseye blade putter that he copped from a putt- putt course and he could roll it with the best of em’, he was deadly inside of 15 feet.
I still have the whole set of Chargers including PGA registered 1, 4, and 5 woods. Persimmon of course with the 4 screws on the face. Getting ready to get me an iron set TM P790s.

Will always be Ft. Bragg to anyone who was stationed there. Next they'll rename Sicily, Normandy and St. Mere Eglise, along with Ardennes because of the violence associated with those names.

Same for me. I don't care what they call it now, but I had Basic at Ft Benning. I have plenty of respect for Hal Moore, but you just don't change place names to suit a new crop of people who choose to be offended by the past.

^^^ in case yall missed this in the FF. GREAT breakdown. This guy ³³ not just assignwwements, but especially for Oline players he knows exactly what each players responsible for doing AND the. exact techniques called for.

Heard and Campbell are both liabilities. Thats an understatement. Spraggins sucked for the 2nd game in a row. Sampson is an absolute beast, likely best RB1 in the country. Nico is gonna be fine. The line is killing his footwork, his timing, and his confidence to an extent.

So I learned that I know even less about football than I thought I did; the guy was interesting, but sometimes hard to follow if you don't speak the language.

One thing that keeps going through my mind after seeing the replays and explanations is why do you put big guys in motion - like one end of the line to the other; fatigue is an issue. Momentum is mass times velocity, and obviously big beefy bodies are highly desirable since momentum is all about keeping things moving in the same direction. However, energy is mass times velocity squared so moving those same big beefy bodies consumes lots of energy, and the analyst seemed to think Heard was getting winded. It's one thing when guys are just big and the mass comes from large stature, but that stuff hanging over linemen's belts isn't muscle. Just seems that it might make more sense to keep linemen more in their own lanes and conserve energy ... but then as I said, there's obviously a lot I don't know about line play in football except line leakage is a big problem.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back