Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

So I finally replaced the last old ass club in my bag, my old Slotline Inertial putter. I ordered a Ping Anser 2 fit the same as my current putter, 36” length 3 up lie and Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 grip. The wild card is the newer Ping putters have a graphite shaft. I was a skeptic but after half an our testing the Anser 2 against the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 the Ping was far and away a better feeling club. And at almost half the price of the Scotty 🤷‍♂️ the graphite shaft felt very different but in a good way. A much softer feel on feedback it didn’t “click” as much even on long putts. When testing a putter I wasted little time on the 5-8 ft strokes that is hardly ever my first stroke on the green. I tested them side by side on 30 ft strokes and the Ping feel was clearly superior for me. For once the cheaper option was better!
congrats on breaking 90

That’s freaking awesome!
all my Anser and Anser II putters are first generation
my favorite putter is an old Tommy Armour mallet, a little heavy for Crockett's Ridge or Graysburg...errbody laughs at it....made it around the old 18 at Tri-Cities (old hoglot hole #1 on one side and long par 5 up the hill #1 on other side; no "Lakes" that day)...24 putts for that 18...the best I've ever done....and haven't done it since

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Found this on my feed today and it brings (some) things into perspective:

"There are several deficiencies that need to be addressed for sure. That said I'm glad we're at a place where we can be 5-1, beat FL and still be pissed off. Before Heupel it's been a long time since we expected to be competitive."

Lol. Why do I feel that wasn’t sincere ham sammich. Hey I finally got rid of my last old ass club yippee! But… I’m still keeping it handy just in case.

And just in case I ordered another grip counter weight to fine tune the swing weight!!

You da man, kinda my hero if I’m being honest.

My little sister just got armed robbed for her car by 2 thugs with a pistol when she was leaving work. Stole her car and everything in it purse etc.

Charlotte is a festering Dimwit sheithole unless you're rich and live in am affluent community. Then its still a sheithole, but one can live a life insulated from it.

Don't remember those, but looks a lot like Weigel's when they sold things like milk, eggs, etc - but not gas. Just around the corner from the Sutherland Ave married student apartments.
same thing..no gas. Pull up and theycome to your car and u tell em what you want..used to get Icees as kid if Mom got milk or such

1728962109693.jpeg

Lol. Why do I feel that wasn’t sincere ham sammich. Hey I finally got rid of my last old ass club yippee! But… I’m still keeping it handy just in case.

And just in case I ordered another grip counter weight to fine tune the swing weight!!

You keeping that club so you can pound the pork?

My little sister just got armed robbed for her car by 2 thugs with a pistol when she was leaving work. Stole her car and everything in it purse etc.

Charlotte is a festering Dimwit sheithole unless you're rich and live in am affluent community. Then its still a sheithole, but one can live a life insulated from it.
American society is becoming a shithole..awful.

Yeah I would like to get ahold of these 2. I am sure they will destroy it and steal everything of value inside like they did when they stole my truck from the church parking lot during morning worship service. Charlotte police dont even come out for grandtheft auto by the way...they type up a report over the phone and issue a statement online 48 hours later for your insurance company. Thats it. No investigation, no BOLO, nothing. That was 15 years ago. They came out to the scene for my sister bc of the armed robbery portion though, and i had a recent invoice from a mechanic for her car, so I gave them the tag# and VIN. Bastards. Better hope I don't see my sisters car driving down the road with them in it...

Sorry she had to go through it; it had to be terrifying. Since you didn't say otherwise, she must be physically OK?

My son lived in Charlotte for about five years, so I've been there many times between seeing and helping him and business meetings. I have to say Charlotte is one of the strangest places I've ever seen. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for any of it. The roads go way beyond the drunk Indian on a mule concept, and the downtown with one way streets with no turns onto streets when it would follow the proper traffic direction absolutely boggle the mind. Not sure how you can live there and stay sane. I also remember flying in in the evening and having no place downtown open to eat. Just a nutty place.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

^^^ in case yall missed this in the FF. GREAT breakdown. This guy ³³ not just assignwwements, but especially for Oline players he knows exactly what each players responsible for doing AND the. exact techniques called for.

Heard and Campbell are both liabilities. Thats an understatement. Spraggins sucked for the 2nd game in a row. Sampson is an absolute beast, likely best RB1 in the country. Nico is gonna be fine. The line is killing his footwork, his timing, and his confidence to an extent.

^^^ in case yall missed this in the FF. GREAT breakdown. This guy ³³ not just assignwwements, but especially for Oline players he knows exactly what each players responsible for doing AND the. exact techniques called for.

Heard and Campbell are both liabilities. Thats an understatement. Spraggins sucked for the 2nd game in a row. Sampson is an absolute beast, likely best RB1 in the country. Nico is gonna be fine. The line is killing his footwork, his timing, and his confidence to an extent.

Heard got dragged

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Analytics.

It's really annoying when reading history, deciding to refresh your geographical memory, and then finding all the damn places have new names. It's especially bad in Asia and the Pacific. We have our own version lately, too. Like reading about Ft Liberty and wondering WTF is a Ft Liberty. Leave history and the names alone!
Will always be Ft. Bragg to anyone who was stationed there. Next they'll rename Sicily, Normandy and St. Mere Eglise, along with Ardennes because of the violence associated with those names.

I'm glad she wasn't injured.

Heard got dragged

He almost beat our team by himself. Dont believe me, watch the video in its entirety. He killed basically every drive except when Nico threw the bad pick (he was a factor there too, just not on that 1 play as much) and the 1 that Campbell killed with 1 of his 2 holding penalties. Reminder: 0 holding calls on flarduh in the game, despite us having the best Dline in the nation. Heard came an inch from personally undoing an incredible defensive performance again like he did at Arkansas. The troubling part is that our staff doesnt think that Johnson or any of the 2nd year guys can do better...I just dont see how thats possible. If so Elarbee is also a liability at least to an extent. I know we missed on all our Tackle prospects really until last year but good grief. Heard graded in the 30s by PFF.

Me too bud. Shes an asst store manager and was leaving work when she got robbed in the parking lot. I am definitely thankful that she is OK.
The PTSD will hang on her for a long time.
That needs to be prayed for on it’s own
Very sorry she went through it and glad it wasn’t worse.

So I finally replaced the last old ass club in my bag, my old Slotline Inertial putter. I ordered a Ping Anser 2 fit the same as my current putter, 36” length 3 up lie and Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 grip. The wild card is the newer Ping putters have a graphite shaft. I was a skeptic but after half an our testing the Anser 2 against the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 the Ping was far and away a better feeling club. And at almost half the price of the Scotty 🤷‍♂️ the graphite shaft felt very different but in a good way. A much softer feel on feedback it didn’t “click” as much even on long putts. When testing a putter I wasted little time on the 5-8 ft strokes that is hardly ever my first stroke on the green. I tested them side by side on 30 ft strokes and the Ping feel was clearly superior for me. For once the cheaper option was better!

I’m just the opposite, I’ve rolled with my Scotty Cameron Newport for 20 years now, the Scotty’s weren’t cheap back then, but not nearly as expensive as today. 2 of my buddies in our foursome roll with Ansers, the fourth still rolls with his Odessy White Hot two ball. My girl bought me a Bettinardi Inovai 10.0 for my birthday 2 years ago and I really really like it, but I wasn’t making as many putts with it and just couldn’t replace my Scotty with it. I’m a short knocker and have to rely on my putter and getting up and down and the Scotty rolls best for me. Since I can’t hit it very far anymore, putting is is my only chance to score well.

VN Store

Back