Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

Lol good one

Reactions: 4 people
Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

Thank you for stopping by the GRUDEN thread...have a nice day lol

Reactions: 2 people

Gtfo

Reactions: 5 people
I wouldn't say I am "on board" as in full on believing he will come but context clues combined with what people I know are telling me make me believe landing him this time around has odds on par with about anyone else at the top of our "Short List".

I didn't realize how true the ESPN cutbacks were until this weekend.

I have full on known he either has or is in the process of buying a home here. I cannot post but I have seen a picture of him and others at a personal friends home that is for sale (wish I could afford it could park my boat at home instead of at the marina lol).

Just a lot of smoke for the narrative to have no veracity. Have been around a lot of things like this and using context clues and circumstantial things NOW coupled with "real" media people saying what they are gives me hope it could happen.

The people that make it possible for me to attend "Meet and Greets" and press conferences, practices etc... also said "You really want to meet Gruden huh?" last night. The smoke is everywhere but is it just that, smoke? Starting to think not.

Welcome back, bcarter. You've been missed.

Now where's SBV?

Reactions: 2 people

Aw that’s cute. Thanks for bringing new knowledge to this forum that no one has even considered. Bravo, Rooster.

Now gtfo

I’m going to need to see a screenshot of Brice saying this.

'On John Gruden. It's further down the road than it's ever been' @JohnDBrice1

"I can 100% guarantee you that Jon Gruden has contacted one of those two (Tee Martin & Dale Jones)." John Brice on Basilio Show. @JohnDBrice1 @TonyBasilio

'Gruden has to stop being the prom girl who is going to the prom with everyone. I've talked to too many people that Gruden's spoken to about taking this job. I think it's 50/50.' @JohnDBrice1

Reactions: 1 person
Basilio just now said someone told him Dale Jones is in Rock Hill SC meeting Gruden.

This is plausible - 20 minute drive from Bank of America stadium in Charlotte. That said and not that it matters, who's driving him around to all of these things? The man has literally been on all sides of Charlotte since Friday night.

I really don't understand the allure of Scott Frost. I know he has been a successful coordinator, but he is just an up and coming head coach that has yet to coach at a big time school. IMO, he would too big of risk. Gruden, Patterson, and Kelly should be the first three called/

You know the drill. GTFO

Reactions: 10 people

Feel better now?

GTFO

Because he didn't.

I went over this in great detail the night the trucks were there, and the conclusions are simple:

1). They trolled the hell out of us
2). They had a specific reason for being there (rumored to be filming Gruden concerning his move)

Put the pieces together... sleeper cab trucks that are most likely team-driven, getting a room in the heart of Knoxville's commercial district when other reclusive options are available, driving the least effient route. After all this is put together, you're left with one of the two options above.

I don't think it was either. I honestly think they were avoiding I-75 S. Just came down I-65 into Nash and went East. There had been huge delays on I-75 S in Campbell Co because of bridge work on Jellico Mountain. Multi-hour 10+ mile stoppages and there's not easy alternate route in the area.

“Yeah they’ve come to snuff the Grumors... You know they ain’t gonna die!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back