Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

Shut the hell up with this already. Leave the damn thread and quit trolling.

Reactions: 5 people
my thoughts:

Gruden is either confirmed but not announced officially yet

Gruden hasn't signed officially but is VERY serious about doing it and talking to many people to get things in order

Gruden isn't coming and we have a TON of people just making a TON of things up and some that even lines up and has been confirmed by others

Reactions: 4 people
Gruden is much more of a "fun" hire. I am 100% certain Gruden would have us stocked with 5 star recruits....and have a # 1 or # 2 ranked class immediately. With that much talent...and some good coordinators we are a national power right away.

And naysayers on Gruden need to be honest and admit if Gruden went to any other SEC school besides UT that the thought of that would scare the he!! out of you.

I don't care about a "fun" hire, I want a "I win lots of football games" hire. Don't get me wrong I would love to hire Gruden, but as I've said it is a huge risk/reward hire. My first choices are more proven at the collegiate level.

Being honest Gruden being elsewhere doesn't scare me at all because it won't happen. What does scares me is Chip Kelly at Florida.

Rick Neuheisel just said Mac Brown would be a good fit at TN.

200.gif

Reactions: 13 people
This is plausible - 20 minute drive from Bank of America stadium in Charlotte. That said and not that it matters, who's driving him around to all of these things? The man has literally been on all sides of Charlotte since Friday night.

I saw him down at Treehouse Vineyards this weekend! (j/k lol... but what if!?) :D

Reactions: 1 person
WNML discussed candidates.

Dan Mullen, Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, but they are referring to the Pete Thamel article and thinking that's in our wheelhouse.

They did finally mention Gruden but in the context that he's telling Tennessee no and who to call after it.

Time to put this to rest. Gruden is not coaching again, especially not in college. He has been out of coaching a long long time now. He is 53, has a super gig on MNF and with all his endorsements from that job, paid more than most coaches. Doesn't have to jet around the country trying to convince high school kids to sign up 24/7 in their living rooms or deal with alumni/boosters etc.. He has landed in the perfect no pressure no lose situation and his lifestyle is stress free. He isn't coaching college ball folks. Move on.

The google search is that way 👇

Frost is simply put the hot name this year, he and Campbell will get good jobs and may do well bit give me GRUDEN or Patterson...not looking for a hot name...give me a football coach. I would not care if they did their best bellicheck impersonation if they win games, tired of winning press conferences and coach talk turn the mic off and give em a whistle

my thoughts:

Gruden hasn't signed officially but is VERY serious about doing it and talking to many people to get things in order

Gruden isn't coming and we have a TON of people just making a TON of things up and some that even lines up and has been confirmed by others

Well, yea.

Well, geez. I guess that wraps this up, folks. The Rooster has spoken.

Grude you, man!

Ever consider the possibility that an AD might tell kids stuff expecting it to immediately get out on twitter?

I guess my thought is that every kid wants to be the face of UT football, it's a sales pitch. When they repeat that, other players don't want to hear that crap during the process of being recruited. I don't like those details getting out.

my thoughts:

Going out on a limb huh? :)

I don't care about a "fun" hire, I want a "I win lots of football games" hire. Don't get me wrong I would love to hire Gruden, but as I've said it is a huge risk/reward hire. My first choices are more proven at the collegiate level.

Being honest Gruden being elsewhere doesn't scare me at all because it won't happen. What does scares me is Chip Kelly at Florida.

We know Florida is going to hire a good coach. We need to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back