Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say about those Swain tweets is

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
This will most likely be immediately written off by most people here, but a teammate of Cade told me that hes been contacted by the "new coach" today. I asked if he meant Hoke and he said no.

Didn't seem like even he knew who it was.

Reactions: 17 people
I’m good buddies with several people from silverdale Baptist and all 3 have told me Mitch rossell is not in the know. We graduated one year apart. Whoever is throwing his name out is not being truthful. If it is someone from silverdale that’s getting info it’s not him. He’s only repeating what he has heard if that.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, I agree. I’d love to see Kelly at FL if we get Gruden. That would make the East well worth watching again.

However, if they hire Kelly and we end up with Coach Google from WTF State University, sadness will be darn near overwhelming.

I would wait for Florida to announce Kelly. And then the very next day, steal all of their thunder by announcing Gruden.

Reactions: 7 people
Yep, it will not be too long before Saban, oops, I mean Commissioner Sankey will be calling them to Birmingham and tell them they can't have him since he had a show cause when he left Oregon.

Buck Saban!

His $h!t reign is about to come to an end! Gruden in Ktown Kelly in Florida & Smart at GA, good grief the East is a beast again!

Soon!

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 2 people
I have to agree with you on your points. I just think he is a huge risk. The short term will be huge benefits just on name alone. But what if he flames? Say on the chance he is hired and we are throwing monster $$$ at him and he fails? Then what? We are financially strained for a long time. Worse yet, if he flames and other guys we didn't hire turn out to be successful, we look totally inept.

Who out there is not a risk? If we hire a guy Frost and he fails to win 8 games by year 2 we'll all say should of gotten a guy with P5 experience.

Someone like Mullen and it will be 'He didn't win before in the SEC, what did we expect?'

The fact is the only 'good hire' is the one that works out in the long run and we won't/can't know who that is. What we do know about Gruden is this guy can coach at the highest level and win and would be an absolute win in the press conference, with recruits and with most fans.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope Florida hires Kelly, announces it this weekend, only to be upstaged by us a day or 2 later. “Kelly who?”

Currie would be the man if that was what he was waiting on. Knowing that no matter who Florida hires, we one up them. Dont give them a day. Release it an hour later!

I BELIEVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back