Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question, why is everyone fascinated with Gary Patterson?

no argument that Patterson is an excellent coach who has had very good success at TCU.

however.

ive said this before .....UT needs MORE than a coach for a program that barely has a pulse.

Gruden has the name, wow factor, connections to UT,fits the culture, would reel in top recruits by the bushel, and has the experience to make the VOLS elite again !

GRUDEN is the RIGHT man !

Reactions: 2 people
Is that not against the rules to contact potential recruits? I don't know just asking.

No, not at all. Coaches get former players and celebrities associated with the program to help recruit all the time. Kentucky uses Drake to help recruit for basketball. There are no rules against this, as long as it happens within the designated recruiting timeline.

This will most likely be immediately written off by most people here, but a teammate of Cade told me that hes been contacted by the "new coach" today. I asked if he meant Hoke and he said no.

Didn't seem like even he knew who it was.

Lines up with what a recent poster just screen shot

Reactions: 1 person
Another thought on Gruden at UT coaching in college. A lot of former pro coaches are now in college and having a lot of success. Coaching college young men vs pro d!ck heads with more money than sense plus he gets to pick his own players not some GM telling him who he can or can’t have!

Soon!

Tennesseeduke

😎

Reactions: 3 people
Just something I put together quickly:

linus_gruden.jpg

Feel free to steal

a pumpkin patch ? really ? SMH

My bammer husband called me from Chattanooga where he is working today. He said all the guys at the office there are talking about Gruden. I think he thought I was delusional before but now he thinks it might be happening. He's scared. Ha!

Reactions: 10 people
For real. I'm at least able to skim for the most part while the newbs catch themselves up.

All the old articles and tired excuses are resurfacing. Freak needs to sticky Gruden 12-35 ans make it mandatory reading to enter the thread. It would enlighten them and help us process info better. Lol.

No, not at all. Coaches get former players and celebrities associated with the program to help recruit all the time. Kentucky uses Drake to help recruit for basketball. There are no rules against this, as long as it happens within the designated recruiting timeline.

Shoot, Butch used Gruden for McKenzie.

no argument that Patterson is an excellent coach who has had very good success at TCU.

however.

ive said this before .....UT needs MORE than a coach for a program that barely has a pulse.

Gruden has the name, wow factor, connections to UT,fits the culture, would reel in top recruits by the bushel, and has the experience to make the VOLS elite again !

GRUDEN is the RIGHT man !

I want Gruden just like you, but to call us a program with barely a pulse is a little much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back