Official Republican Presidential Debate August 23, 2023

I don't care about character and integrity. I want a good president that shrinks the .gov and pays the bills

Fortunately, most Americans don't think--if I can use that word--like you do. They DO care about the moral character of the president. The national debt went up hugely under the gangster, fyi.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
Fortunately, most Americans don't think--if I can use that word--like you do. They DO care about the moral character of the president. The national debt went up hugely under the gangster, fyi.

How do you explain Joe Biden? Moral flaws galore and an national debt that continues to rise?

Why don’t you spend more energy discussing alternatives to Biden in 2024?

Reactions: AM64
My thoughts on Vivek have definitely changed because of that debate. And not really in a good way in terms of voting for him. Starting to think he is gunning for the VP position.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
We've also allowed the Federal government to become so powerful in our lives via regulation, subsides, entitlements, etc that Senators and Representatives have become power brokers instead of citizens.

We've allowed government positions to become far more important and lucrative than those who framed the Constitution intended.

Term limits. Walking skeletons like Feinstein, Pelosi, Biden, McConnell shouldn't be serving for decade after decade so they become so powerful.

The Constitution called for citizen representation but we've allowed and created entire families whose "business" is politics.

As you say, in the name of keeping the power in our tribe, we feel we MUST vote for our people.

Term limits. The Federal government should not be anywhere near as intrusive as we've grown accustomed to because we've entrenched these people in the bubble that is DC.
Spot on.

How do you explain Joe Biden? Moral flaws galore and an national debt that continues to rise?

Why don’t you spend more energy discussing alternatives to Biden in 2024?

"Moral flaws galore"? Like what? Please name a few.

Alternatives to Biden? He's the incumbent. The incumbent almost always gets renominated, so it's pointless to discuss alternatives assuming he wishes to run again. His age is a concern--but his administration is very professional, very competent, very solid in most every way.

"Moral flaws galore"? Like what? Please name a few.

Alternatives to Biden? He's the incumbent. The incumbent almost always gets renominated, so it's pointless to discuss alternatives assuming he wishes to run again. His age is a concern--but his administration is very professional, very competent, very solid in most every way.

His emails, texts, and pictures strongly indicate he’s been running influence peddling schemes with some of our biggest adversaries. He lies almost every time he opens his mouth. He’s spent four years lying about his level of knowledge of the family “business”.

On top of that, he’s clearly mentally incapacitated. He cannot keep track of his thoughts. He wanders around like a lost puppy.

And about that spending…it’s still going up.

Reactions: AM64
The Republican and Democratic nominees are complete jokes. I still cannot believe these are the best we as a country can do. I mean we have a demented circus monkey as the incumbent. Complete lying scum on both sides. The debates are nothing more than idiots who do nothing but make empty promises to convince their fan base that they actually care. Tuu hi ode if you who vote for these dolts are part of the problem. There isn’t a single potential candidate that’s worth a vote.

My thoughts on Vivek have definitely changed because of that debate. And not really in a good way in terms of voting for him. Starting to think he is gunning for the VP position.
I watched an interview with him and Bill Maher and he said that he would not accept being VP or appointed to a cabinet position. Vivek could have been lying during that interview, but I'm thinking he's trying to position himself to suck up all the Trump voters if Trump ends up dropping out (or kicked out) due to his legal issues.

I watched an interview with him and Bill Maher and he said that he would not accept being VP or appointed to a cabinet position. Vivek could have been lying during that interview, but I'm thinking he's trying to position himself to suck up all the Trump voters if Trump ends up dropping out (or kicked out) due to his legal issues.
That's "donorspeak" from Vivek. You can't say, "Sure, I'd take the VP spot" at this point in the race and still have any chance of being taken seriously and, more importantly, raising money.

That would be like saying: "I'm just in this to get my name out there so Trump tosses me a crumb when he's chosen." Who would give money to that campaign?

Reactions: USF grad in TN

I don’t think he’s lying. He doesn’t need to be VP. He can go back to being a billionaire.

That's "donorspeak" from Vivek. You can't say, "Sure, I'd take the VP spot" at this point in the race and still have any chance of being taken seriously and, more importantly, raising money.

That would be like saying: "I'm just in this to get my name out there so Trump tosses me a crumb when he's chosen." Who would give money to that campaign?
He could have said "I'd consider it" without saying he'd take it.

Also, he's self-funding most of his campaign. He's already said that there's no limit to what he'll self invest in this campaign. That doesn't sound like someone just vying for a VP spot.

Also, he's self-funding most of his campaign. He's already said that there's no limit to what he'll self invest in this campaign. That doesn't sound like someone just vying for a VP spot.
Hehehe. He's got a super-PAC like the rest of them, despite his claims. Don't be naive.

It takes around $100 million to get through this process. You don't get rich by being stupid enough to throw $100 million of your own money at an election.

He's not going to say he'd "consider the VP or another position" this early in the process. Seriously. There's not even been a primary yet.

"I'm in this to win! I'm going to be the next President!........... but of course I'd consider another position." Sounds very much like a leader, eh?

Don't actually trust what politicians say. He does good in the debate and "suddenly" a super-PAC starts touting his ideas. He's a politician. He's not going to tell the truth 100% of the time.

Pro-Ramaswamy super PAC launches new ad after GOP debate

Hehehe. He's got a super-PAC like the rest of them, despite his claims. Don't be naive.

It takes around $100 million to get through this process. You don't get rich by being stupid enough to throw $100 million of your own money at an election.

He's not going to say he'd "consider the VP or another position" this early in the process. Seriously. There's not even been a primary yet.

"I'm in this to win! I'm going to be the next President!........... but of course I'd consider another position." Sounds very much like a leader, eh?
Factually, he is primarily self-funding his campaign. He has allocated $15 million of his own money towards his campaign thus far. He has ~$3 million from individual donors. I looked into his super-PAC, which has spent a whopping $484,000 so far, a very small percentage of his total campaign fund.

Sorry, but it makes zero sense for him to be dumping millions of dollars of his own money on a political campaign for him to be just vying for a VP spot.

Vivek will never be President or the Republican nominee. Way too many inbred rednecks will stay home instead of vote for a person of color or a woman. If he were running as a Democrat he’d already been labeled Muslim or terrorist..it’s sad but I’m 💯 right

Vivek will never be President or the Republican nominee. Way too many inbred rednecks will stay home instead of vote for a person of color or a woman. If he were running as a Democrat he’d already been labeled Muslim or terrorist..it’s sad but I’m 💯 right

You're right. The electorate isn't ready to elect a Hindu.

Factually, he is primarily self-funding his campaign. He has allocated $15 million of his own money towards his campaign thus far. He has ~$3 million from individual donors. I looked into his super-PAC, which has spent a whopping $484,000 so far, a very small percentage of his total campaign fund.

Sorry, but it makes zero sense for him to be dumping millions of dollars of his own money on a political campaign for him to be just vying for a VP spot.
I don't dislike the man, but his PAC connections will increase, as did Trump's after he said he was "self funding" also....... and now look, he seeks donations constantly, because that is essential to actually win.

Ron Paul denied having an "apparatus" but sure enough Rand "inherited" a super-PAC from Dad, which ended up getting caught paying off an Iowa politician to drop Bachmann and support Ron Paul, I think..... it might've been Rand. Acquitted, but don't be naive about the money running costs.

NO ONE self funds a run for President. The freak that was Bernie Sanders got money carefully from a PAC. They all do it.

That Vivek denies it is the the Trump mirror he's trying to show but Trump has big super-PAC backing now too.

Just don't be naive and try to paint these guys as not beholding to SOME donors. They are. It's part of it.

Just like South Carolina sent Haley packing!

Oh wait...

You could be right. But why would he say anything other than that? It’s a death sentence to your campaign run if you say you’re willing to accept a VP role (or any other for that matter). From what I see he is playing the “lightening in a bottle” card gunning as hard everywhere he can.

Ramasawamy sure is interesting, if nothing else. And seemed to want to take jabs and give them back.

I mean, he's a Republican animal rights activist...good on him, but talk about a unicorn sighting. He's also apparently a monotheistic Hindu, which I didn't think was even a thing. Another unicorn sighting.

Some of his views on society seem alarming and Trump-like, trying to be divisive and all and placing folks into placeholder boxes from which to shoot lightning bolts against his strawmen.

But he's certainly one of the more interesting candidates in some time, more than can be said most cycles. He should at least energize some group I'd imagine.

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back