Official Vols vs Memphis game thread

I think the reason why the Tigers lost was because of D. Crews myself. The MAN shut Dorsey down and ran the paint. The Vols killed the Tigers on the glass, bad. It was a very good win for UT.

tennessee1.jpg

This should be a t-shirt. Cheers VIA, ready for a shot?:fireworks::beerf:

love you too man :) wish you could all enjoy the rest of this keg with me :rock:

believe me when I say I'm not lacking for alcohol right now. Thank goodness for the blackberry everyone thought I was nuts when I screamed at the end

This was an epic game. truly brilliant coaching job. Both teams played hard, both coaches made good adjustments. In the end, UT just had more in the tank. Memphis was out of gas. Funny how Lofton's most important points came from the line with 3 ticks left. And am I the only one that felt a big Memphis bias from BSPN? And can Dick Vitale please retire already?

The greatest thing we did tonight was prove that Memphis was for real.

Before tonight, everybody wondered about both teams.

Tonight, the Tigers proved that they deserved to be ranked #1.

And, tonight, we proved we deserved it more.

The greatest thing we did tonight was prove that Memphis was for real.

Before tonight, everybody wondered about both teams.

Tonight, the Tigers proved that they deserved to be ranked #1.

And, tonight, we proved we deserved it more.

That is probably true. Had either team won big, we'd be hearing about how the losing team was over ranked.

After the game on SportsCenter that tool Jay Bilas was proclaiming UCLA and the Heels the best teams in the land. Was he drinking that Tullahoma Tea during the game? We were No. 2 and went into No. 1 and knocked them over. Any dispute?

Random thoughts, I'm sure it's all been said:

-Can't wait to watch the replay in pure Hi-def on my DVR
-Pearl outcoached Calipari again, when was the last time Memphis didn't dunk in a game?
-D. Rose is destined to play in the NBA. How about him grabbing his shorts gasping for air, getting about a 1 minute breather and coming right back into the game
-Wayne freaking Chism, his off the glass turnaround jumper early in the game was a big time shot and the banked 3 pointer, wow.
-Tyler Smith is a beast, should have been player of the game.
-J.P. Prince had a great homecoming, he also had a few boneheaded plays with turnovers.
-Jujuan Smith is a rock solid competitor, getting iced down and waiting to get in while in obvious cramping pain shows how much heart he has.

-I'm very pleased with the Tennessee fans showing up to give congrats to the team.
-Tennessee knows how to close games, looking through the schedule and how many nail biters they have been in will help them tremendously in the NCAA tourney
-Let's hope UT will be in the Charlotte regional rather than getting shipped off to the West or parts unknown.

We're #1 this week, no dispute. As for who's the best team in the land, that we won't know until the tournament is over and a true National Championship is awarded. That's the beautiful thing about NCAA basketball...poll rankings might make a difference in seeding, but that's as far as it goes.

DG just said that TN is not worthy of winning a NC because we dont score consistently enough. We will see when March rolls around.

VN Store

Back