Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

My god I love her game
I've always been high on her game. The only reason I said she didn't deserve first team AA this season was not because she wasn't one of the 5 best players in the world (clearly she is), but that she didn't show that in the high profile games that mattered. Her performance tonight essentially validates that honor for her.

I’m thinking we end up with a UCONN/South Carolina final.

Really hope SC brings it home for the SEC and the curse stays in tact.

Just feel like Geno will have a better plan for guarding Iowa.
That's the only final matchup I want. Because no matter what UConn pulls out of their hat, I don't think they have a chance vs. SC.

I’m thinking we end up with a UCONN/South Carolina final.

Really hope SC brings it home for the SEC and the curse stays in tact.

Just feel like Geno will have a better plan for guarding Iowa.
100% agree they can just weather any storm. So solid. Iowa will have to be lights out but rebounding is such a problem for Iowa

Begrudgingly...I suppose I should congratulate UConn on another FF appearance. They really showed a lot of heart and grit with how the season went. I did NOT see this coming at any point in the season.

I will say the same thing to Juju that I remember screaming at Jayson Williams when Duke lost in the tournament his freshman year. "YOU'RE A FRESHMAN! WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?". Like with Williams, I think Juju has a few final fours in her future.

Paige was just so clutch tonight. Once USC tied the game at 59, she just took over.

Begrudgingly...I suppose I should congratulate UConn on another FF appearance. They really showed a lot of heart and grit with how the season went. I did NOT see this coming at any point in the season.

I will say the same thing to Juju that I remember screaming at Jayson Williams when Duke lost in the tournament his freshman year. "YOU'RE A FRESHMAN! WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?". Like with Williams, I think Juju has a few final fours in her future.

Paige was just so clutch tonight. Once USC tied the game at 59, she just took over.
Her decision making and game control is like no other.

Interesting thing about Paige is that everyone was talking about Azzi as the generational player, and no one was talking about the current HS #1 who had committed to UConn. Then she shows up and is the NPOY as a freshman. She is SO much better than Azzi and a complete player. Efficient scorer, elite playmaker, and now a solid defender and rebounder to boot. Still want to see her get stifled next weekend. She CANNOT lead them to a title!

VN Store

Back