Ohio State is the Most Delusional Fanbase in College Football

They are mad because we are 1-0 against them. They lost to us in Jan 1996 when they had an 11-1 record, three first round draft picks (Terry Glenn, Rickey Dudley, and Eddie George), the Heisman winner (George), Biletnikoff winner (Glenn), and Lombardi winner (Orlando Pace).

We had a really good team that year and finished 2 (coaches) and 3 (AP).

The Big 10 is going to be tougher now. Not like the SEC but tougher than it was. The days of them playing two teams with a pulse each year are coming to a close.
I've been thinking on this for a bit. While you're right, the B10 will be tougher than they used to be, they'll still be a two-tier conference without much of a center.

Here's how I'd chart it out (note: i'm projecting everyone, including our Vols, where I expect they'll be at the END of this season, rather than before the start):

1723930459006.png

Yes, the SEC is a bit more robust at the top, esp. once the Vols get back where we belong, I think starting this season. But the big difference is in the middle.

Acknowledging that Florida is a hot mess right now and kinda doesn't count for much, still normally the SEC has a good 5 or 6 teams in a pretty decent mid-range. The B10, even with the addition of USCw and Washington, is anemic there.

Meanwhile, look at the (effective) schedule padders down at the bottom of the B10. Every once in a while, Wisconsin or UCLA may remember past glory and pop up into the middle, but usually in the last several years, they're among the bottom feeders. That's a lot of fairly easy Ws for Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State.

So sure, the B10 is going to be tougher. Than they were. But the few teams at the top are still going to have a significantly easier road to 10+ regular season wins than anyone in the SEC.

Go Vols!

There is way too many to be comfortable with. We call them the Buckeye/Suckeye Navy when the arrogant uppity Ohioans come down in the summer and invade our beautiful lake with their loud obnoxious boats. Norris hasn’t ever really been a good fishing lake but as of late it’s damn near impossible to fish in the summer without being bothered by them. That’s actually another reason why I love football season so much is cause they leave their lake houses sitting empty and go back home.

Edit: Catfishing is about the best kind of fishing there is in Norris. I’ve never seen one quite that big but I’ve seen some 50 pounders in person. They can grow really big.
Catfish taste good, but I don't eat them, cause I know what they eat. But to each his own, they are tasty after all, and no difference between them and everybody's beloved shrimp and crabs. Plus I don't like Ohio.

Last edited:
Osu plays in the.soft ass big10, plays a weak ass schedule and is in itself a sub par program. At our heights we would whip them up and down the field. They are pathetic. Another ******** team over estimating their worth.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
They are taking butt hurt pills right now. How childish buckeyes are.
I have a friend I play golf with that's a dye-hard OSU fan and I told him just the other day "Are ya'll playing any ranked teams this year?" as he pointed out we're ranked 15th. LOL. I said you see what we did to the 4th best defense (supposedly) in the country with big10 Iowa and demolished Clemson. Come on down to the SEC. Every time ya'll play the SEC you get your azzs handed to you. And, how about Michigan? You ever play anyone you can beat? He was pretty silent about that. Every year he wants them to fire their coach because they can't beat Michigan. Ha Ha.

There is way too many to be comfortable with. We call them the Buckeye/Suckeye Navy when the arrogant uppity Ohioans come down in the summer and invade our beautiful lake with their loud obnoxious boats. Norris hasn’t ever really been a good fishing lake but as of late it’s damn near impossible to fish in the summer without being bothered by them. That’s actually another reason why I love football season so much is cause they leave their lake houses sitting empty and go back home.

Edit: Catfishing is about the best kind of fishing there is in Norris. I’ve never seen one quite that big but I’ve seen some 50 pounders in person. They can grow really big.
Not a poll but a curious question;

If you’re born in TN and live there half your life and the second half you’ve lived in OH but stay at Norris Lake several weeks per year are

U still considered by Tennesseans a southerner, considering the birthright, or have u crossed the line and become a damn yankee ?

I’ll hang up and listen

Last edited:

If you’re born in TN and live there half your life and the second half you’ve lived in OH but stay at Norris Lake several weeks per year are

U still considered by Tennesseans a southerner, considering the birthright, or have crossed the line and become a damn yankee ?

I’ll hang up and listen
Born in TN and lived half your life there? Birthright. Born in TN and moved before age of 8? Yankee. Jmo

Born in TN and lived half your life there? Birthright. Born in TN and moved before age of 8? Yankee. Jmo
Lol, interesting math.

meeting so many boaters from OH and TN at Norris we seem to fit in to just about any situation.

Anyway, Buckeyes are an acquired taste and I’m all Vol.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
They are mad because we are 1-0 against them. They lost to us in Jan 1996 when they had an 11-1 record, three first round draft picks (Terry Glenn, Rickey Dudley, and Eddie George), the Heisman winner (George), Biletnikoff winner (Glenn), and Lombardi winner (Orlando Pace).

We had a really good team that year and finished 2 (coaches) and 3 (AP).
Plus. we were wearing some tasty shoes

I would add that in order to get the birthrite, your parents must also have been Southerners.

I know Georgians with parents who lived on Long Island until a few months before he popped out. He's not Southern.

I also know NY'ers who have moved from the South for work or military service and still raise their kids by the old ways. Some of those kids are more "Southern" than I am.

There's a whole nature/nurture argument to be had here.

U still considered by Tennesseans a southerner, considering the birthright, or have u crossed the line and become a damn yankee ?

I’ll hang up and listen
Do they have a stupid buckeyes flag on their boat/house or a big orange Power T?

Absolutely. In fairness, Oregon will keep a good team also. Washington will go back to being Washington IMO...a team that hangs around the bottom of the top25 rankings and goes to bowl games.

IMO the B1G issue has never been that they don't have a few good teams. Some years Wisconsin is pretty dang good and has always been a good running team. Their problem is they have 10 crap teams. They historically always lack team speed as well. Get blown out in bowl games by middling SEC teams because the speed on the edges is vastly inferior. Hell, Misery took Ohio State to the woodshed last season in their bowlgame. Oregon and USC will join the 2 good teams already atop that conference. I would rather face either of them than Texas or Oklahoma though. Especially now that those 2 schools are in the SEC which will improve their recruiting. Texas in particular is gonna be tough...the SEC is so ridiculously stacked now it is insane. Thank goodness our recruiting is steadily getting better and better. We will need top5/top10 classes to compete.

Agree with every bit of this

VN Store

Back