Ohio State is the Most Delusional Fanbase in College Football

They are mad because we are 1-0 against them. They lost to us in Jan 1996 when they had an 11-1 record, three first round draft picks (Terry Glenn, Rickey Dudley, and Eddie George), the Heisman winner (George), Biletnikoff winner (Glenn), and Lombardi winner (Orlando Pace).

We had a really good team that year and finished 2 (coaches) and 3 (AP).

I’d be upset too if I thought our Heisman mattered, only to find out that the other team had a 5 time NFL MVP.

The moral is that kids win the heisman for being cute on the field. One wins NFL MVP’s for being great at their profession.

Last edited:
I mean honestly, can you blame them?

If we played in a crap conference where our only real competition was Bama and they beat us every year, eventually you would get tired of it and demand a coach who could beat Bama

The equivalent would have been Fulmer constantly losing to Florida in the 90s and winning every other game. Lord knows that got old.

Certainly wouldn't break my heart for the Suckeyes to go walking in the wilderness for a decade.
He’s lost to U of M three times. I get that it’s a weak conference, but they were a field goal away from a national championship two years ago (they would have steamrolled TCU), and now they want to fire a guy with a winning percentage of 87.5? It screams entitlement.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He’s lost to U of M three times. I get that it’s a weak conference, but they were a field goal away from a national championship two years ago (they would have steamrolled TCU), and now they want to fire a guy with a winning percentage of 87.5? It screams entitlement.

Can't argue with you there, just saying the parallels to Fulmer and Florida are kind of funky actually.

How many NCs would we have played for in the 90s if we even had a 50/50 split with Florida?

When you lose consistently to the only real team on your schedule, the leash probably gets pretty short.

My Dad's BF died yesterday, a hyooge Ohio State fan. For Chuck Thompson, R.I.P. :(

Condolences to your father on the loss of his friend

it does scream entitlement until you look at Ryan Day and realize he cant coach for crap. Hes been a great recruiter(who couldnt recruit to OSU?!), but his teams lack in the X's and O's department

OSU should move on from him, but that is why i hope they stick with him longer lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back