Ohio State is the Most Delusional Fanbase in College Football

If the ohio state doesn't beat mishagan, they are going to be looking for a coach. Reality gonna sit in then, recruits jumping ship like a kamikaze headed there way.
As a fanbase they are legitimately talking about firing Day if he goes 11-1. It’s ludicrous. Surely their AD can’t be that Fickell….or maybe they can.

My wife makes fun of Ohio State fans all the time because of the "Urban Meyer" riot and "ESPNisFakeNews" T-shirts that went on when Urban Meyer got caught and had to resign.

That being said, the OP could have been done about some Vols fans when we had big-time players turn us down as well.

“Toughest competition in practice“ 😂

That’s all the competition they ever play until the Michigan game then they fold. They play literally one team with close to the talent they have and they lose every year to them. Now that they have more competition in that pansy ass conference I’m not sure they even make the playoffs.

They had Penn State most years. Penn States' offense is meh but they have a good defense most years.

That’s funny. 🤣😂🤣 I guess it’s possible that UT lives rent free in some GA fans heads. Obviously I needn’t tell you that the opposite is true as well!

Truthfully though, the few GA fans, like myself, that have been fairly consistent members here, are here bc we like talking college football. Not to be disrespectful or gloat about recent success. We can’t help if some A-holes pop in just to throw jabs. Every fan base has these types.
You know good and well that the next time you guys beat us we are gonna hear about it for at least a year!!!😂🤣😂 That fine though, hell it’s college football, that’s part of the fun and to a point expected. I wouldn’t want it any other way!!!

Outside of Uncle Lou, not really. Georgia has had Tennessee's number recently.

Try living in Ohio for a minute and every other person saying "Go Bucks".

Southern OH isn't so bad but....

nevermind
I worked for an OSU grad a few years ago. He could barely contain himself when they had success. Not a bad guy otherwise for the most part. I couldn't take a lot of joy in Bama's success except how it irritated him.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Ohio State's fanbase strikes me as a delusion SEC fanbase stuck in a Northern Conference. They would fit perfectly in the SEC culture-wise. Ironically, in 2020, they threatened to join the SEC for a season (with Nebraska the other team angry about the shutdown). That would have been interesting to see. (I personal don't think the SEC was interested in this as they had a lot of logistics just dealing with the current members).

Not sure how you could have overlooked Oregon and Washington. There is a lot of talent in Ohio. Now they've added California. I never said it was as strong as the SEC or anything else that should have caused your response.

I just said that life is going to change. Previously they had two opponents in conference with a pulse. UW, Oregon, and USC give them 3 more. UCLA while maybe a MSU level program is added to Wisconsin to make it a little tougher than it was before.
Washington had one good run, but they’re behind at least 10 sec programs.

Washington had one good run, but they’re behind at least 10 sec programs.
Depends. I'm not sure what DeBoer left. Seattle is a pretty desirable college destination for California kids in general. The flights used to be cheap- not sure about now. There is still a ton of talent in the LA area so if they can keep a pipeline going then they wouldn't be the 11th team in the SEC.

As weird as that Puget Sound area was and has gotten even more so... they support the Huskies and want to have a great program. Don't write them off. They have the appeal, resources, and commitment to stay in that top Big 10 group. They're at least on par with teams like Ole Miss and probably a level up over time from Mizzou.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
As a fanbase they are legitimately talking about firing Day if he goes 11-1. It’s ludicrous. Surely their AD can’t be that Fickell….or maybe they can.
Their AD is the same dude who tried to implicate Houston Nutt for Hugh Freeze’s sins, leading to the lawsuit that yielded up his coach’s extracurricular dating activity. Same dude who bid against himself and extended Jimbo even more buyout damage…if that helps.

Their AD is the same dude who tried to implicate Houston Nutt for Hugh Freeze’s sins, leading to the lawsuit that yielded up his coach’s extracurricular dating activity. Same dude who bid against himself and extended Jimbo even more buyout damage…if that helps.
Geez, didn’t know that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Depends. I'm not sure what DeBoer left. Seattle is a pretty desirable college destination for California kids in general. The flights used to be cheap- not sure about now. There is still a ton of talent in the LA area so if they can keep a pipeline going then they wouldn't be the 11th team in the SEC.

As weird as that Puget Sound area was and has gotten even more so... they support the Huskies and want to have a great program. Don't write them off. They have the appeal, resources, and commitment to stay in that top Big 10 group. They're at least on par with teams like Ole Miss and probably a level up over time from Mizzou.

I was hoping for an Alabama collapse but I think DeBoer was a good hire for them and Saban is probably supporting enough to make it positive. We will see as they haven't even played a game yet. Best case scenario is that they drop a couple of early games (Wisconsin and Georgia) and the fanbase turns on DeBoer and the meltdown starts. However, I don't see that happening.

I was hoping for an Alabama collapse but I think DeBoer was a good hire for them and Saban is probably supporting enough to make it positive. We will see as they haven't even played a game yet. Best case scenario is that they drop a couple of early games (Wisconsin and Georgia) and the fanbase turns on DeBoer and the meltdown starts. However, I don't see that happening.
Probably the hardest job in any profession is to follow a great.

Reactions: 25vol and tn4elvis
Outside of Uncle Lou, not really. Georgia has had Tennessee's number recently.
It’s more about how often their fans spending time discussing Tennessee related topics and less about what has happened on the field.

That many of their fans are obsessed with us is quite ironic considering what’s happened on the field, though, I’ll give you that.

View attachment 667995View attachment 667996View attachment 667997
I’m keeping all the receipts on this one. Ohio State fans are some salty people as of late but I guess that’s what getting your ass beat by Michigan multiple years in a row will do to you. How the mighty have fallen.

Maybe David should have chosen OSU instead because apparently these top recruits don’t commit to play the best competition, but to “practice” apparently 😂.

Cope harder, suckeyes.
Didn’t Missouri beat them last year?

I remember watching a podcast a few weeks back. Can’t remember the name but they were saying they think Meyer may be throwing his hat in the mix to come back to OSU. Maybe the OSU is thinking if Day doesn’t win the NC this year, given the massive upgrades and money spent, that brining back Urban would work.

I remember watching a podcast a few weeks back. Can’t remember the name but they were saying they think Meyer may be throwing his hat in the mix to come back to OSU. Maybe the OSU is thinking if Day doesn’t win the NC this year, given the massive upgrades and money spent, that brining back Urban would work.
I’m guessing too toxic for even Columbus.

Yep. But Harrison and a few other offensive and defensive starters were out while Missouri had their full team.
There were a few for MO but after the OSU opt-outs began to be announced it move the line

When the Cotton Bowl matchup between Ohio State and Missouri was set, the Buckeyes were made touchdown-favorites quickly. However, transfers and opt outs have swung that line all the way to make Missouri a small favorite.

The Buckeyes will be without quarterback Kyle McCord, who is transferring to Syracuse. McCord received some criticism this year, but went 11-1 as a first-year starter while passing for 3,170 yards, 24 touchdowns and threw six interceptions. Sophomore Devin Brown is expected to get the start in McCord’s place. Brown entered the season in a quarterback competition with McCord, but hasn’t attempted a pass in game-action since Oct. 14.

View attachment 667995View attachment 667996View attachment 667997
I’m keeping all the receipts on this one. Ohio State fans are some salty people as of late but I guess that’s what getting your ass beat by Michigan multiple years in a row will do to you. How the mighty have fallen.

Maybe David should have chosen OSU instead because apparently these top recruits don’t commit to play the best competition, but to “practice” apparently 😂.

Cope harder, suckeyes.

Ohio State has lived off playing 2 tough games a year.

I mean honestly, can you blame them?

If we played in a crap conference where our only real competition was Bama and they beat us every year, eventually you would get tired of it and demand a coach who could beat Bama

The equivalent would have been Fulmer constantly losing to Florida in the 90s and winning every other game. Lord knows that got old.

Certainly wouldn't break my heart for the Suckeyes to go walking in the wilderness for a decade.

My Dad's BF died yesterday, a hyooge Ohio State fan. For Chuck Thompson, R.I.P. :(

VN Store

Back