'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

Impressive. There was a famous trainer a few years ago claiming he could predict 100m results based on body weight and 1RM on hexbar deadlifts. Not sure how true the claim was, but this is impressive either way

Edit: found him. Ryan Flaherty. He’s worked with a lot of nfl guys (Josh Allen and Mike Evans being too) and Olympic sprinters. I was wrong about the 100m. It’s the 40 and vertical he claims to be able to predict off what he calls the “force number” which is just hexbar dead relative to body weight

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/...covered-most-important-exercise-every-athlete

Last edited:
Impressive. There was a famous trainer a few years ago claiming he could predict 100m results based on body weight and 1RM on hexbar deadlifts. Not sure how true the claim was, but this is impressive either way

Edit: found him. Ryan Flaherty. He’s worked with a lot of nfl guys (Josh Allen and Mike Evans being too) and Olympic sprinters. I was wrong about the 100m. It’s the 40 and vertical he claims to be able to predict off what he calls the “force number” which is just hexbar dead relative to body weight

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/...covered-most-important-exercise-every-athlete
I dont know if Hex Deadlifts are easier. But to me that movement looks like it starts more like a squat, versus having to bring the bar up from a different position.

Ive seen dudes, DL 550. One was 5'10 220, other a former semi pro football player at 6'3" 250.

That's a staggering amount of weight. And none of those dudes were in HS.

One last thing: None of the aforementioned used wrist straps.

I dont know if Hex Deadlifts are easier. But to me that movement looks like it starts more like a squat, versus having to bring the bar up from a different position.

Ive seen dudes, DL 550. One was 5'10 220, other a former semi pro football player at 6'3" 250.

That's a staggering amount of weight. And none of those dudes were in HS.

One last thing: None of the aforementioned used wrist straps.
Hex deadlifts are definitely easier, but hell let’s say that lift translates to a 600lb conventional deadlift, still incredibly impressive

at 17-18. yeah. hell, even at 21-30. personally for me, never saw the benefits of maxxing out. Beside, similarly to the gaggle of leering, borderline retirees who have a permanent buttock mark, at the bench press. Who's 255 press, 2 times every 1 hr impresses that 1 55 year old karen, on the prowl.

Id rather work out with moderately heavy to 85% of max. (LOL, which isnt 600 or even close).
cool story Jack 😜

Reactions: Smokey19rt

I heard about this guy. He predicted how Johnny Menzies would do in the 40 and JM talked trash about it. When it came to perform the prediction was right !

Okoye is a done deal.

Who the hell knows with Franklin.

Cole seems likely.

Wingo seems likely.

Ross seems like a toss up right now.

FWIW I'm not sure Okoye is "done done" as he's now scheduled for a Bama OV for their game against Ole Miss. I fully believe he's committed to the coaches, filmed a video with AP, and plans to commit publicly after his OV here for the Cocks game. Just saying, I don't think it's Vince Carter "OVER" just yet...

@Matt_Ray @Austin_Price Know these are disliked … but probabilities for:
1) Danny Okoye
2) Kam Franklin
3) Jordan Ross
4) Chris Cole
5) Ryan Wingo

-AP

Ahhhh. The ole 50/50.
nice-south-park.gif

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back