'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

On the pod yesterday, he pretty much counted him in the class.

Like I've said, I think a commitment has been made and a video filmed. But if he keeps visiting other places - and he's currently scheduled for OV to Bama before he comes back here and I believe OU (and maybe Texas) expects him back too - I'd be hesitant to count him in the class.

Like I've said, I think a commitment has been made and a video filmed. But if he keeps visiting other places - and he's currently scheduled for OV to Bama before he comes back here and I believe OU (and maybe Texas) expects him back too - I'd be hesitant to count him in the class.

Bit of a fool’s game to count a recruit as in the class before he’s even committed

Tennessee hosted Okoye for a string of unofficial visits this off-season, and in the process the top-100 EDGE has grown comfortable with multiple members of the coaching staff. That includes Mike Ekeler, Rodney Garner, Coach Chop (Levorn Harbin) and Josh Heupel.

“The communication level has been off the charts with how much attention they give me — not just as an athlete but as a person,” Okoye said of the Volunteers. “The coaches are always helpful, always informative, and always looking for ways to help out. The staff, from the coaches down to the assistants, it’s like meeting a new friend after a long time. I always love spending time with them. The fan base is one of the most intense in college football and I just really like being over there.”

“One thing about Tennessee for football players is everything is efficient,” he continued. “They take the time to make sure everything you need is right where you need it and is as easily accessible as possible. Everything is centralized and I don’t like unpredictability, so I can really appreciate that from a personal standpoint.”

“Seeing the team that Josh Heupel has put together, the coaching staff he has put together, the recruiting he’s been doing recently, it speaks for itself. The love goes both ways with me and Tennessee, and really that you can ask for as a recruit — to know that the love is mutual and you’re not just another player, you’re someone that the staff really cares about.”
s.spiegelman

VN Store

Back