'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

Get this kid and Ross and call it a day on the line. Hell of a haul the last few classes at edge if we hold onto our lead with those two.

Would like to get one true DT, maybe from the portal rather than the expensive HS ranks this year. I will go with RG and his plan. I just never know when the plan is to take a DE type and bulk him up and move him inside.

Would like to get one true DT, maybe from the portal rather than the expensive HS ranks this year. I will go with RG and his plan. I just never know when the plan is to take a DE type and bulk him up and move him inside.
Yep.

IMO, you can afford to pay a guy in the portal a big NIL for one or two years if they have proven themselves some.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
jim-carrey-fire-marshall-bill.gif

His plan is constantly changing as the recruiting landscape changes. He wanted Nwaneri and Franklin, but they went elsewhere. Now he pivots to other targets. If he can't find or get what he wants from the high school ranks, he'll hope the portal provides better. It's not like there's a real "master plan" other than to fill the need. He would have taken Nwaneri or Franklin in a heartbeat; it just wasn't meant to be. Unless they flip later, and then it was.

If we land Okoye, do we still try and flip Fountain? How many Edge guys are we willing to take? Some could grow into DTs, I guess, depending on their body types. Coaches would know more about that potential. I think Fountain has enough potential that if you can flip him, you flip him, but who knows how the numbers work out?

Reactions: VolNash17
His plan is constantly changing as the recruiting landscape changes. He wanted Nwaneri and Franklin, but they went elsewhere. Now he pivots to other targets. If he can't find or get what he wants from the high school ranks, he'll hope the portal provides better. It's not like there's a real "master plan" other than to fill the need. He would have taken Nwaneri or Franklin in a heartbeat; it just wasn't meant to be. Unless they flip later, and then it was.

I have to wonder on those two guys if we will consider a very late NIL attack. Don't think so, but I won't rule it out.

If we land Okoye, do we still try and flip Fountain? How many Edge guys are we willing to take? Some could grow into DTs, I guess, depending on their body types. Coaches would know more about that potential. I think Fountain has enough potential that if you can flip him, you flip him, but who knows how the numbers work out?
You can bet our staff is one step ahead of what any of us is seeing or thinking. We do have a few young D ends that will probably slide inside later on. West is already playing both some in fall practice. I think some just assume all D-ends will play exclusively there and as time goes on that probably will not be the case. Our D front is gonna get better and better, I am very confident in that! GBO

You can bet our staff is one step ahead of what any of us is seeing or thinking. We do have a few young D ends that will probably slide inside later on. West is already playing both some in fall practice. I think some just assume all D-ends will play exclusively there and as time goes on that probably will not be the case. Our D front is gonna get better and better, I am very confident in that! GBO
We still need more bodies in this class to keep a good rotation. We'll probably lose at least 3 after this season. Could be more if one of the Jrs has a really good season and gets a good draft grade.

Reactions: VolNash17

VN Store

Back