OK, one last time before the season starts, how many games do you expect us to win?

How many games do you expect us to win in 2013 (excludes bowl)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I HOPE that we will win 7, but I expect us to win 5.

It all teeters on the Auburn and Mizzou games and how they turn out.

We will winn 3 non conference games + Vandy + UK.

After that, we have to find out what Butch Jones is REALLY made of. We should win one or both of the Auburn and Mizzou games.

But as I mentioned above, I expect 5 wins. I am done having lofty expectation of Tennessee football until Butch Jones earns those expectations on the field (not just in the recruiting world).

Last edited:
Dearest Coach Spurrier,

Hi it's me Justy Worley! I wanted to thank you for not riding 10 miles down the road and offering me a scholly. Just think, instead of having to beat off three frosh to gain the honour of starting against mighty Austin Pee, I could have been your PAT holder and Keeper of the Sideline Signs!

Forever yours,

Justy
Orange Koolaid POY
:ermm:

Dearest Coach Chavis, Hi its me... Patrick Willis....

Dearest Coach Fulmer, Hi its me... Randall Cobb....

Dearest Coach Miles, Hi its me... Dallas Thomas....

Do you know how many good or even great players are either overlooked or for some other reason not offered by the instate school?

Worley may not be any good. Not geing offered by Spurrier is not the determining factor though. For whatever other faults he may have, Kiffin knows QB talent... and he liked Worley alot too when at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Seven games.

Jones has more talent than six of his opponents. He should not be outcoached by any of those coaches if he is a good coach.

UT is close enough in talent to have a reasonable shot at USCe and Auburn at a minimum. UGA looks ripe because they lost so many players on D. Oregon is a test of coaching too. They have talent recruited to their system but they really don't have many players that would play at an upper tier SEC school.

UF has talent and depth but has suffered some critical OL injuries.

Bama... is Bama. Right now they are the deepest and most talented team in CFB.

9-3 or better... :) it starts up front and our ol is the best in the sec.. And i think our dl will we be really good as well..
Posted via VolNation Mobile

7 how I see it

4 - All of South Alabama, Austin Peay, Western KY, Kentucky
2 - Out of Auburn, Mizzou and Vandy
1 - Out of UGA, UF, and SC
0 - Oregon and Alabubba

I really think butch will pull a signature win over one of the 3 top east teams. But, because it's college football I think we lose a game we probably shouldn't in the AU, Mizz, and Candy group. Don't let it be friggin Candy!

Its good to see that VN is all pretty much right there in the 6-8 range. It sucks we all see it there, but atleast our expectations are in the right spot. It's time to start enjoying Tennessee football again!!! Prove us all wrong Butch!

Reactions: 3 people
I think we win at least 8. I say we win 9 if Georgia starts out 1-3 like I think they will. If Georgia loses to clemson, sc, lsu the wheels will fall off for them. We spank them and they fire richt before the season is out.

Probably none because this topic has been talked and posted so much to death; we may not even have a team to take the field. And this topic will rise again after the WKU game and again after the Oregon game, and probably again after the Florida game. It's a vampire-zombie hybrid topic that just won't die.

How can people have watched UT for the last 5 years and still believe this team will win more than 8 games??

Look I love the Vols and am glad to see optimism but you have to know you're setting yourself up for let down...

Tougher schedule than last year. Too many questions on offense and defense to suggest we will upset a really good team.

7 how I see it

4 - All of South Alabama, Austin Peay, Western KY, Kentucky
2 - Out of Auburn, Mizzou and Vandy
1 - Out of UGA, UF, and SC
0 - Oregon and Alabubba

I really think butch will pull a signature win over one of the 3 top east teams. But, because it's college football I think we lose a game we probably shouldn't in the AU, Mizz, and Candy group. Don't let it be friggin Candy!

Its good to see that VN is all pretty much right there in the 6-8 range. It sucks we all see it there, but atleast our expectations are in the right spot. It's time to start enjoying Tennessee football again!!! Prove us all wrong Butch!

This is how i see it also.

VN Store

Back