Oklahoma at Home

Arnold threw 3 ints in their Bowl Game
He threw 3 ints in their scrimmage last week.

All he has yet to play against our defensive line which is the best in the SEC.

They’re starting 5 new olineman.
No…they won’t be able to block
- James Pearce jr
- Omar Norman Lott
- Jeremiah Telander/Ed Spillman Pili/Carter
- Joshua Josephs
- Tyre West
- etc…..
FYP :D

Not sure if this tells us anything/something/very little, but Sooners record at home the past 3 years is 19-3, with the losses all occurring in 2022 to Kansas State, Texas and Baylor. Undefeated at home last year and 2021. With our completely new defensive backfield, my expectations for this game are cautiously optimistic. Heck, how can I/we be overly optimistic? Some teams just don't lose at home very often, regardless of where they finish the year. Anyway, hoping we reverse this trend in Norman this year!! Go Vols!

View attachment 666911
only 2 of those were against ranked teams. number 19 Kansas was the best team they beat at home in those 3 years..... meanwhile we played 3 ranked teams at home, in 2021 alone. #13 Pitt, #11 Ole Miss, #1 UGA.

If Kansas was our toughest home game in 3 years we would probably be undefeated at home.

Would love it, but I think some forget how bad Helps teams have been on the Rd. I remember how confident fans were about SC 2 yrs ago, Mizzou and Fla last year. We've gotten some beat downs on the road and some by teams we had zero business losing to. No way should we feel confident about any Rd game until the trend changes. Outside of at LSU, we've had very few good road wins. Hope that changes this year.GBO
We have better athletes now than we did 2 years ago, plus more depth to go along with that.

only 2 of those were against ranked teams. number 19 Kansas was the best team they beat at home in those 3 years..... meanwhile we played 3 ranked teams at home, in 2021 alone. #13 Pitt, #11 Ole Miss, #1 UGA.

If Kansas was our toughest home game in 3 years we would probably be undefeated at home.
OU fans like to brag about their record in Norman but they've historically played in a two team league, and they play the RRR in Dallas.

TX isn't much better as historically they haven't played many big games outside the state of TX.

I think both programs are in for a much different experience.

OU fans like to brag about their record in Norman but they've historically played in a two team league, and they play the RRR in Dallas.

TX isn't much better as historically they haven't played many big games outside the state of TX.

I think both programs are in for a much different experience.

There's no question that the SEC has been the premiere conference as far as top-tier teams during the last 20 years. But talking historically, the Big 8 and Big XII have a lot to be proud of.

UCF had their azz at Norman last year and let em off the hook. It was the game after their surprise W over Texas, celebrated too much; but still , Ucf. This game with Tennessee follows 3 easy ones, so expect them to be focused. They DO go to Auburn next, and Auburn will surprise some people in 24. MOF, I'm saying that Auburn beats Okla ; regardless of their game with UT.

There's no question that the SEC has been the premiere conference as far as top-tier teams during the last 20 years. But talking historically, the Big 8 and Big XII have a lot to be proud of.
Big8 was a two team league, I don't think there's any question about that.

Nebraska was good when the Big 12 formed but TX was not. A few others came and went in there but nothing consistent. OU is the only consistent performer in that league's history. I don't expect to see 15 conference championships in a 21 year span in the SEC. That alone shows there was a lack of competition.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Big8 was a two team league, I don't think there's any question about that.

Nebraska was good when the Big 12 formed but TX was not. A few others came and went in there but nothing consistent. OU is the only consistent performer in that league's history. I don't expect to see 15 conference championships in a 21 year span in the SEC. That alone shows there was a lack of competition.

Yeah -- there's a question. How about the year that the Big 8 finished 1, 2, 3 in the AP poll.

Yeah -- there's a question. How about the year that the Big 8 finished 1, 2, 3 in the AP poll.
OU and Nebraska combined for 75/103 Big8 titles.

There hasn't been much room at the top of the SEC lately either but Saban is gone and I don't believe Kirby Smart can maintain that same dominance over the conference for that long.

It's a bigger hill to climb than what OU may have experienced in the past. That's all I'm trying to say.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
By all accounts and measures, that was a great defense. Of course it had not faced anything like UT's offense
We were well on our way to 40+ vs Bama as well this past year before we absolutely **** the bed in the 2nd half, starting with the 2nd half BS call on kickoff that forced us to start at the 4 yard line.

I think you're right that the B8 and B12 (and the SWC) can be proud of their history.

Beyond that, I think YOU, Oklahoma, have a lot to be proud of. You're one of the best programs in the nation, historically.

I just don't think this coming season is going to be one of your best. Bad timing, some pieces not quite fitting (yet) just when you need everything to be humming.

Go Vols!

Just curious -- what's the best defense the Vols hung 50 on in the last few years?
We can hang fiddy but, winning by fiddy against a top twenty team is beyond dreaming. I’m in the ”by one point and a heart attack” camp on OU in their stadium. I’m most concerned about our young QB and them running through our secondary. People forget Nico has played one game at most.

comparing venues doesn't mean a whole lot. If a team is going into a venue that is going to have a full house with 90% being home fans, then it is going to be loud for the visitors. Other stadiums may be a louder but if you're a player, loud is loud. There will always be a level of intimidation. The more youth and inexperience you have have, the more the intimidation will be a factor.

Missouri has an open stadium on one end last year but it was still loud and turns out, did intimidate (I was there). I would expect no less from Oklahoma (yes, been there). See how the Vol kids handle it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think Nico gave some proof in the Citrus Bowl.
Both QBs got their first start in the bowl game. Arnold looked extremely shaky and threw 3 picks and lost to Arizona. Nico was flawless and easily took care of a supposedly elite defense. I know who I think is more proven.

Hope we put so much orange in the seats there, it disrupts the red. Think of it as de-Alabama-ing the place.

We have a sellout streak of 148 home games so I wouldn't count on more than the maximum required by the SEC.

VN Store

Back