Open Invite to The Wolfpack Fan(s)

I haven't seen a large historical presence by NC State fans online so that mat explain some of it

Doeren was almost our guy a few years ago. I wasn’t excited about it then because I didn’t know anything about him. But he’s a good football coach. His teams normally play hard and physical. I think we have the better team and will win but it will be a battle.

Doeren was almost our guy a few years ago. I wasn’t excited about it then because I didn’t know anything about him. But he’s a good football coach. His teams normally play hard and physical. I think we have the better team and will win but it will be a battle.
*Mediocre football coach

To be turned down by Dave Doeren, who the whole fanbase was angry we were even showing interest from, was one if not the lowest point of our program's history.

I come in peace. 37 yo, 2009 grad of State who lives in Charlotte. I will be there Saturday.

Coming into this season, I think most fans had these goals, in order.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

In order to do that, we see the need to accomplish 2 of the following 3 feats. In order; 1. Beat Clemson in DV in week 4. 2. Go undefeated(8-0) after Clemson. 3. Beat UT.

You all might have anecdotes of State fans talking about being super confident about this week but we as a fan base see them as the drunk guy at the bar who is mouthing off. COULD State win Saturday? Its possible. But not likely. I think most State fans reasons for hope are 1. UT hanging 50+ on an FCS team and still being mediocre is a thing. 2. UT looked great week 1 last year too and followed that up with a squeaker against Austin Peay and loss to UF. 3. We hope our rustiness was due to multiple transfers and looking ahead to week 2.

As far as personnel, offense, we are still getting to know them. Qb, 2 of top 3 rb, 2 of top 4 wr, te, and C are all transfers. The one offensive weapon we had last year is back, slot WR Kevin Concepcion. He'll catch passes down the field, take handoffs, reverses, screens etc. 120 yards of offense and 2 tds is par for the course for him. Your dc is going to key off of him this week. Our hope is that the wrs, te, and rbs State picked up will take some pressure off of him. After one game, that doesnt appear to be the case...120 yards and 3 tds on thursday.

Defense: state fans typically expect a top 4 acc defense every year. Tony Gibson 3-3-5 has been here since 2019 and for most of those years, hes had high level linebacker play, with multiple all acc selections and culminating in a acc dpoy/bednarik/butkus winner in Payton Wilson last year. We're not sure if we have anywhere close to that production this season but our heir apparent(Fordham) dropped a pic 6, recorded a tackle, and got ejected all in 5 plays on Thursday. From most accounts, most of the transfer NIL was spent on the 2ndary and that is seen as the strength of the defense at the moment.

As I mentioned, most State fans saw this as our hardest game coming into the season. This weekend reinforced that. A lot of us were flipping back and forth between UTCvsTenn and ClemvsUGA early Saturday. We ended up locked into the Clemson game bc that seems the more likely win in the next month that will help unlock the aforementioned goals.

PSA: Have a great time in Charlotte. Lots of good bar/brewery/restaurants to choose from near the stadium. Don't spend too much in the stadium...everyone hates David Tepper(Panthers owner). Don't give him too much extra money.

I come in peace. 37 yo, 2009 grad of State who lives in Charlotte. I will be there Saturday.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

In order to do that, we see the need to accomplish 2 of the following 3 feats. In order; 1. Beat Clemson in DV in week 4. 2. Go undefeated(8-0) after Clemson. 3. Beat UT.

You all might have anecdotes of State fans talking about being super confident about this week but we as a fan base see them as the drunk guy at the bar who is mouthing off. COULD State win Saturday? Its possible. But not likely. I think most State fans reasons for hope are 1. UT hanging 50+ on an FCS team and still being mediocre is a thing. 2. UT looked great week 1 last year too and followed that up with a squeaker against Austin Peay and loss to UF. 3. We hope our rustiness was due to multiple transfers and looking ahead to week 2.

As far as personnel, offense, we are still getting to know them. Qb, 2 of top 3 rb, 2 of top 4 wr, te, and C are all transfers. The one offensive weapon we had last year is back, slot WR Kevin Concepcion. He'll catch passes down the field, take handoffs, reverses, screens etc. 120 yards of offense and 2 tds is par for the course for him. Your dc is going to key off of him this week. Our hope is that the wrs, te, and rbs State picked up will take some pressure off of him. After one game, that doesnt appear to be the case...120 yards and 3 tds on thursday.

Defense: state fans typically expect a top 4 acc defense every year. Tony Gibson 3-3-5 has been here since 2019 and for most of those years, hes had high level linebacker play, with multiple all acc selections and culminating in a acc dpoy/bednarik/butkus winner in Payton Wilson last year. We're not sure if we have anywhere close to that production this season but our heir apparent(Fordham) dropped a pic 6, recorded a tackle, and got ejected all in 5 plays on Thursday. From most accounts, most of the transfer NIL was spent on the 2ndary and that is seen as the strength of the defense at the moment.

As I mentioned, most State fans saw this as our hardest game coming into the season. This weekend reinforced that. A lot of us were flipping back and forth between UTCvsTenn and ClemvsUGA early Saturday. We ended up locked into the Clemson game bc that seems the more likely win in the next month that will help unlock the aforementioned goals.

PSA: Have a great time in Charlotte. Lots of good bar/brewery/restaurants to choose from near the stadium. Don't spend too much in the stadium...everyone hates David Tepper(Panthers owner). Don't give him too much extra money.
I think y’all are a good team but we are a bad matchup for you guys. Your offensive line from what I seen isn’t too great and our strength is our defensive line. Should be interesting I hope it’s a injury free game and yall win every game after ours

Yes, this happened during the massive coaching search debacle that cost school after school millions of dollars. The funny part about Doeren was the NC State fans were like.... take him please and the UT fans were like... hell no. Got him a raise an extension though, just like 4 or five other coaches.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

Great analysis of your team. Good luck going forward after this Saturday!

Gbo!

.everyone hates David Tepper(Panthers owner). Don't give him too much extra money.
Absolutely! Kannapolis here. Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL, and that says a lot. EVERYTHING he's touched since landing here has turned to 24k poop.

To be turned down by Dave Doeren, who the whole fanbase was angry we were even showing interest from, was one if not the lowest point of our program's history.
Agree. I thought of him in the same way as I do SCjr’s coach. A bit of a tool. After reading Doeren’s comments about the upcoming game I’ve changed my mind. He appears to be thoughtful and well spoken.

But we’re still better off with Heupel.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

Very well put and classy post.

Respect from this Vol.

Hope you guys have a great season-except for Saturday night of course. This matchup is just business for both schools-neither has much of a rivalry with the other. Here's hoping for a good injury free game and if we have to meet again in Dec/Jan with everything on the line, then so be it.

Yes, this happened during the massive coaching search debacle that cost school after school millions of dollars. The funny part about Doeren was the NC State fans were like.... take him please and the UT fans were like... hell no. Got him a raise an extension though, just like 4 or five other coaches.
There have been years that this was true. But in the 2017 offseason, I disagree with this sentiment. We wanted him back after the 17 season.

VN Store

Back