Open Invite to The Wolfpack Fan(s)

I come in peace. 37 yo, 2009 grad of State who lives in Charlotte. I will be there Saturday.

Coming into this season, I think most fans had these goals, in order.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

In order to do that, we see the need to accomplish 2 of the following 3 feats. In order; 1. Beat Clemson in DV in week 4. 2. Go undefeated(8-0) after Clemson. 3. Beat UT.

You all might have anecdotes of State fans talking about being super confident about this week but we as a fan base see them as the drunk guy at the bar who is mouthing off. COULD State win Saturday? Its possible. But not likely. I think most State fans reasons for hope are 1. UT hanging 50+ on an FCS team and still being mediocre is a thing. 2. UT looked great week 1 last year too and followed that up with a squeaker against Austin Peay and loss to UF. 3. We hope our rustiness was due to multiple transfers and looking ahead to week 2.

As far as personnel, offense, we are still getting to know them. Qb, 2 of top 3 rb, 2 of top 4 wr, te, and C are all transfers. The one offensive weapon we had last year is back, slot WR Kevin Concepcion. He'll catch passes down the field, take handoffs, reverses, screens etc. 120 yards of offense and 2 tds is par for the course for him. Your dc is going to key off of him this week. Our hope is that the wrs, te, and rbs State picked up will take some pressure off of him. After one game, that doesnt appear to be the case...120 yards and 3 tds on thursday.

Defense: state fans typically expect a top 4 acc defense every year. Tony Gibson 3-3-5 has been here since 2019 and for most of those years, hes had high level linebacker play, with multiple all acc selections and culminating in a acc dpoy/bednarik/butkus winner in Payton Wilson last year. We're not sure if we have anywhere close to that production this season but our heir apparent(Fordham) dropped a pic 6, recorded a tackle, and got ejected all in 5 plays on Thursday. From most accounts, most of the transfer NIL was spent on the 2ndary and that is seen as the strength of the defense at the moment.

As I mentioned, most State fans saw this as our hardest game coming into the season. This weekend reinforced that. A lot of us were flipping back and forth between UTCvsTenn and ClemvsUGA early Saturday. We ended up locked into the Clemson game bc that seems the more likely win in the next month that will help unlock the aforementioned goals.

PSA: Have a great time in Charlotte. Lots of good bar/brewery/restaurants to choose from near the stadium. Don't spend too much in the stadium...everyone hates David Tepper(Panthers owner). Don't give him too much extra money.
Nice post and thanks for the insight. Come on back often.

I think y’all are a good team but we are a bad matchup for you guys. Your offensive line from what I seen isn’t too great and our strength is our defensive line. Should be interesting I hope it’s a injury free game and yall win every game after ours
My personal opinion...State should be a team that passes to open up the run game(the ol is better at pass blocking and that is true most years). But the coaching staff(a defensive minded one) disagrees.

Welcome aboard. No matter what happens Saturday, good luck the rest of the way. I expect you all to have a very good season. Clemson is very vulnerable (granted UGA does that to a lot of teams), but Clemson simply isn't the same team.
State has beaten Clemson 2 out of the last 3 seasons. Meaning the Clemson seniors have lost multiple games to State. No other team can make that claim. I understand that doesnt mean much to ooc teams but its a rivalry that had been very one sided and is important to flipping the power dynamic in the acc. Like I said, if I got to choose the outcome to one game this season, its Sept 21 in DV.

Agree. I thought of him in the same way as I do SCjr’s coach. A bit of a tool. After reading Doeren’s comments about the upcoming game I’ve changed my mind. He appears to be thoughtful and well spoken.

But we’re still better off with Heupel.
Supposedly, in since uncovered text documents, Doeren was interested in taking the UT job but was left unresponded to for days. During that period, it was rumored John Currie was going rogue in trying to sign Mike Leach becuase fans did not take well to the leaked news Doeren was a frontrunner. It is during this period Doeren decided to recommitt to NCState and sign an extension.

I never came across that article, which was reported from the NCState side, until today. All these years I though Doeren straight up turned us down becuase of the state of our program and/or scared of the expectations. I thought he simply opted to stay at a mediocre program and make a career out of getting mediocre results. In reality it was more of a breakdown of communication and Currie opting for another candidate.

Does North Carolina even have internet capabilities?
They've got everything we have.

In fact, NC is TN's closest relative among all the 50 states. They're our mom, in sort of the same way we are Texas' daddy. We come from North Carolina. We are the western extension of North Carolina. And thus we share a lot of culture with them.

Lot of respect for NC. Good people there, and a ton of interesting history.

Go Vols!

In fact, NC is TN's closest relative among all the 50 states. They're our mom, in sort of the same way we are Texas' daddy. We come from North Carolina. We are the western extension of North Carolina. And thus we share a lot of culture with them.

Go Vols!
Same here. The company I work for is in North Carolina, just south of Raleigh. I go there quite a bit. Great folks.

Talented teams that have a close call week 1 tend to practice hard and get things good before week 2. Underestimate them at your peril.

We are the more talented team, but if our guys start listening to the media and don’t prepare we can lose this game.

I come in peace. 37 yo, 2009 grad of State who lives in Charlotte. I will be there Saturday.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

In order to do that, we see the need to accomplish 2 of the following 3 feats. In order; 1. Beat Clemson in DV in week 4. 2. Go undefeated(8-0) after Clemson. 3. Beat UT.

You all might have anecdotes of State fans talking about being super confident about this week but we as a fan base see them as the drunk guy at the bar who is mouthing off. COULD State win Saturday? Its possible. But not likely. I think most State fans reasons for hope are 1. UT hanging 50+ on an FCS team and still being mediocre is a thing. 2. UT looked great week 1 last year too and followed that up with a squeaker against Austin Peay and loss to UF. 3. We hope our rustiness was due to multiple transfers and looking ahead to week 2.

As far as personnel, offense, we are still getting to know them. Qb, 2 of top 3 rb, 2 of top 4 wr, te, and C are all transfers. The one offensive weapon we had last year is back, slot WR Kevin Concepcion. He'll catch passes down the field, take handoffs, reverses, screens etc. 120 yards of offense and 2 tds is par for the course for him. Your dc is going to key off of him this week. Our hope is that the wrs, te, and rbs State picked up will take some pressure off of him. After one game, that doesnt appear to be the case...120 yards and 3 tds on thursday.

Defense: state fans typically expect a top 4 acc defense every year. Tony Gibson 3-3-5 has been here since 2019 and for most of those years, hes had high level linebacker play, with multiple all acc selections and culminating in a acc dpoy/bednarik/butkus winner in Payton Wilson last year. We're not sure if we have anywhere close to that production this season but our heir apparent(Fordham) dropped a pic 6, recorded a tackle, and got ejected all in 5 plays on Thursday. From most accounts, most of the transfer NIL was spent on the 2ndary and that is seen as the strength of the defense at the moment.

As I mentioned, most State fans saw this as our hardest game coming into the season. This weekend reinforced that. A lot of us were flipping back and forth between UTCvsTenn and ClemvsUGA early Saturday. We ended up locked into the Clemson game bc that seems the more likely win in the next month that will help unlock the aforementioned goals.

PSA: Have a great time in Charlotte. Lots of good bar/brewery/restaurants to choose from near the stadium. Don't spend too much in the stadium...everyone hates David Tepper(Panthers owner). Don't give him too much extra money.
What’s the feeling about how many Pack fans will turn out in Charlotte?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

As a Chicago Bears fan I love David Tepper for giving us Darnell Wright, DJ Moore, Caleb Williams, and a slew of others picks for a QB who looks like he won't have a long career in the league. Good luck Saturday glad to have opposing fans here that are respectful like you!

What’s the feeling about how many Pack fans will turn out in Charlotte?
State fans are excited about this game. Some(including me) were slow to pull the trigger over the summer because of the big price tag on the tickets being sold from primary vendors. I expect a good showing(35-40%) from the fans but still expect to see more orange, just because your stadium is twice as big as ours and that indicates that you have a lot more fans committed to going to the games every week.

Concepcion a darn nice receiver. He would look good in 🍊. 😁
I wouldn't be shocked. Hes a Charlotte kid(former teammate of Pearce), so Knoxville isn't much farther away than Raleigh. He's a true soph so if he makes another step forward this season, he'll command a pretty big piece of the NIL pie to keep in Raleigh again.

I wouldn't be shocked. Hes a Charlotte kid(former teammate of Pearce), so Knoxville isn't much farther away than Raleigh. He's a true soph so if he makes another step forward this season, he'll command a pretty big piece of the NIL pie to keep in Raleigh again.
NIL certainly has changed the landscape. It isn't quite what I expected to be. Well funded collectives and the transfer portal option have players on the move. Only a few schools can afford what's happening right now. Player tampering has become part of the business.

Welcome NC State fans

So how delusional are we UT fans?
In the “pick the score” thread I went 59-24 UT. (I’m not yelling that from the rooftops just a gut feeling)

NC State is only about a touchdown underdog right now according to most betting services.

Before your opener I was thinking it would be a 10 point game. After the week one performance UT just looked buttery smooth and NCState needs to iron some things out.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Even though NC State looked pretty rough against WC, I expect to see a cleaner game from them this Saturday. I think we win but this is not a game we can afford to screw around early in. Establish the run and protect Nico. Need to see Pearce feast off the edge. Hoping Ricky Gibson is 100% and ready.

Win 10 games
Make/win the acccg
Make the cfp

The one area that Tennessee can get beat at is the secondary. Especially if NC State can convert 3rd and longs and stay on the field. Every team that has given us trouble has done that. I did not see enough from NC State's passing game to be worried to be frank. However, it could very well be that NC State hid their playbook against and inferior opponent or your team had a bad game. It happens.

Go Vols!
Also, we're talking about the Research Triangle Park (RTP) here: Duke, UNC, NC state all within a short driving distance. I lived in this area from 1999-2016 before moving back to TN. Great area to work and live.

Cree Lighting was started by a couple of NC State grads. "Does NC even have internet capabilities?" Lol how about SAS Institute in Cary? For years it was one of THE places computer science grads wanted to land a job at. Cary basically exploded in the late 90s from the Dot.com boom (before the bubble collapsed).

VN Store

Back