Opening Spread for Oregon-Tennessee? UPDATED Ducks open @-21

Oregon is just a bad match up for Tennessee. The Ducks try to isolate their fast backs and slot receivers out in space on linebackers and UT's LBs are not fast enough to win these battles. Plus, the lack of a pass rush will give UO's fast receivers time to run deep routes.

On offense, UO will be able to walk the safeties up to control the running game and UT's young WRs will have to win some of the one on one battles to loosen that up. Not sure they can at this point.

UT has a much brighter future under this coaching staff but the talent is not there. UT will do well to play UO closer than Virginia did today.

Reactions: 4 people
Anyone saying more than 24 is absurd. I would be surprised if it opens in the twenties.

I say 19.5, in which case I would probably take Oregon.

I'm hoping this Oregon game is where North (or Croom for that matter) have a lightbulb moment and have their first dominant game like they're both capable of.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm hoping this Oregon game is where North (or Croom for that matter) have a lightbulb moment and have their first dominant game like they're both capable of.

Unless Worley promptly learns the concept of hitting his receivers in stride, those possibilities remain in serious doubt.

Reactions: 3 people
Worley is the problem.

I tend to disagree with that a bit more than others. I think Worley is definitely capable of being a good quarterback here and I think he's going to improve a lot from game to game. Don't ask me why I think that, because I don't really know why!

Reactions: 2 people
I tend to disagree with that a bit more than others. I think Worley is definitely capable of being a good quarterback here and I think he's going to improve a lot from game to game. Don't ask me why I think that, because I don't really know why!

That's fine. I just think he's going to get embarrassed next week. Hope I'm wrong!

UO -27.5

They rushed for 350 yards today, i expect they will rush for MORE than that next week at home.

I'm tempted to give the points, hope none of our guys get hurt. We will learn nothing about our team this week, just that we aren't competitive with the #2 team (and #1 offense) in the NCAA.

i highly doubt they'll run for more than 350 yards against our D. Black mamba could have a few long ones, but they won't go for that much

I live here in Vegas and a lot of the experts said WKU would win straight up and virtually all of them took WKU and the points. I think the line will open about 19 in order to entice TN bets but it will close at 21.5 or so after the sharps bet Oregon heavy!

VN Store

Back