Opening Spread for Oregon-Tennessee? UPDATED Ducks open @-21

Oregon is just a bad match up for Tennessee. The Ducks try to isolate their fast backs and slot receivers out in space on linebackers and UT's LBs are not fast enough to win these battles. Plus, the lack of a pass rush will give UO's fast receivers time to run deep routes.

On offense, UO will be able to walk the safeties up to control the running game and UT's young WRs will have to win some of the one on one battles to loosen that up. Not sure they can at this point.

UT has a much brighter future under this coaching staff but the talent is not there. UT will do well to play UO closer than Virginia did today.

IF you closely watched the WKU game--it's OBVIOUS that we NEED BETTER LINEBACKERS--who can attack blockers and fill the gaps--because that DIDN'T happen against WKU. 'Ol Petrino showed us that he AIN'T that smart afterall--he should have run the ball 60 times against us. Flame away!

If Oregon gets just a few open holes like WKU backs did--we will get beat by MORE than 28. 52-14...52-17...

I love my VOLS, but I just hope that we come through the game without any injuries....:salute:

Reactions: 1 person
UVA beat BYU.
BYU beat he77 out of Texas (which starts all 5 and 4*s).
Can't learn anything by comparing UVA and UT.

BYU beat BYU last week. The Cougars are notorious for thrashing any, and every opponent at home. Texas, on the other hand, still sucks.

Our '85 team would beat team #117 by 28 points! :salute:

Are you kidding!! I figure team #117 would be about a 6 point favorite in that match up. Of course, most of those guys on the 85 team would be in their mid to late 40s.

has us a 25 point dog to Oregon, what say you? If we could hold it to a 17 point loss, I'd be impressed honestly. I will also take a W.

Hope to return the favor of hospitality. If you have any questions for your trip out I'd be happy to help. Twitter @Rwhit0101 or email at rwhit713@yahoo.com if you need anything. Looking forward to this big SEC/Pac12 matchup

Recommendation: Bet Oregon now. The opening line at 20-22 isn't going lower. By Saturday morning, you might be able to get UT at +25 and hit a middle.

Also, bet the over if its in the 60s.

Have to say I told you so.

Wynn line now is Ore -26.

If we have decent quarterback play, I think it will be within 21 points. If not, it might be a long afternoon.

GBO

I hope Butch Jones shocks the world and pulls out a win at Oregon. I know our chances are very slim but I ain't giving up hope just yet until the game is played.

with all of UT's unknowns, why would you even bet this game? a much better bet would be SC -12.5 over vandy

VN Store

Back