Oregon game - Who's coming to the game?

Just got the airline tickets, now gotta work on a hotel in Portland, preferably near downtown any ideas Duck?

I have a favorite that's reasonably inexpensive... Inn at Northrup Station. Large rooms with kitchens, typically runs around $130-150 before tax if I remember right.
Portland Hotels - Inn at Northrup Station Hotel

It's actually located in NW Portland near some very good restaurants that are within a block or two of the hotel.

Plus, if you feel the need to go downtown, the "Street Car" runs right in front of the hotel and it does a loop through the NW district, Pearl District, downtown and Portland State Univ. All these areas are good places for shopping, restaurants and bars.

Note: The room includes a free pass for two hours on the street car.

Plenty of other good hotels as well, Westin, Mariott, Hilton, Heathman, Benson, The Nines, Monaco, Lucia, Paramount, Vintage, Governor, ACE, I just prefer the Inn at Northrup Station. Heathman and Benson are beautiful well maintained older hotels. I'd prefer the Heathman between the two. Nines is a fairly new, "Hot" downtown hotel.

I insist that if you read books at ALL that you go to Powells Books. It's the largest or second largest book store in the country and it's right on the Street Car line.

Great restaurants in Portland. Perhaps the best small city in the country for food!!!!!!!!!

I have a favorite that's reasonably inexpensive... Inn at Northrup Station. Large rooms with kitchens, typically runs around $130-150 before tax if I remember right.
Portland Hotels - Inn at Northrup Station Hotel

It's actually located in NW Portland near some very good restaurants that are within a block or two of the hotel.

Plus, if you feel the need to go downtown, the "Street Car" runs right in front of the hotel and it does a loop through the NW district, Pearl District, downtown and Portland State Univ. All these areas are good places for shopping, restaurants and bars.

Note: The room includes a free pass for two hours on the street car.

Plenty of other good hotels as well, Westin, Mariott, Hilton, Heathman, Benson, The Nines, Monaco, Lucia, Paramount, Vintage, Governor, ACE, I just prefer the Inn at Northrup Station. Heathman and Benson are beautiful well maintained older hotels. I'd prefer the Heathman between the two. Nines is a fairly new, "Hot" downtown hotel.

I insist that if you read books at ALL that you go to Powells Books. It's the largest or second largest book store in the country and it's right on the Street Car line.

Great restaurants in Portland. Perhaps the best small city in the country for food!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir, i am very interested in trying the local places. We are looking at going down the road by the columbia river and then by mt. hood. The trolley car sounds perfect to explore. Thanks again.

Not reading through the whole thread but, Eugene micro staples:

Welcome to Ninkasi Brewing » Ninkasi
Falling Sky Brewing Eugene Oregon
Oakshire Brewing |
16 Tons
Hop Valley Brewing Company
Rogue has a spot in town too
Rogue Ales

... also I've intentionally left Steelhead off this list. Read into that what you like. :eek:

The Ninkasi and Oakshire (and actually Hop Valley now as well) spots are in a *ahem* colorful area known as the Whitaker that has some interesting food options, including the popular Izakaya Meiji, an italian place that for me has surpassed Beppe's named Noli (Beppe is usually pretty good, but I suppose it's old hat for me) a hippy pizza spot (gluten free, etc) Eugene's probably only "soul food" spot and Sam Bonds, a bit of an institution in town. There's also a very popular desert spot named Sweet Life which specializes in hippy approved dessert fare - and does it quite well all things considered.

edit -
shame on all of us Duck posters if nobody mentioned this spot yet:
The Bier Stein

Last edited:
Not reading through the whole thread but, Eugene micro staples:

Welcome to Ninkasi Brewing » Ninkasi
Falling Sky Brewing Eugene Oregon
Oakshire Brewing |
16 Tons
Hop Valley Brewing Company
Rogue has a spot in town too
Rogue Ales

... also I've intentionally left Steelhead off this list. Read into that what you like. :eek:

The Ninkasi and Oakshire (and actually Hop Valley now as well) spots are in a *ahem* colorful area known as the Whitaker that has some interesting food options, including the popular Izakaya Meiji, an italian place that for me has surpassed Beppe's named Noli (Beppe is usually pretty good, but I suppose it's old hat for me) a hippy pizza spot (gluten free, etc) Eugene's probably only "soul food" spot and Sam Bonds, a bit of an institution in town. There's also a very popular desert spot named Sweet Life which specializes in hippy approved dessert fare - and does it quite well all things considered.

edit -
shame on all of us Duck posters if nobody mentioned this spot yet:
The Bier Stein

I gave up alcohol a number of years ago and have been out of Eugene for about 12 years, so I'm not good with the Micro Brew recommendations. These look like good recommendations.

Thank you sir, i am very interested in trying the local places. We are looking at going down the road by the columbia river and then by mt. hood. The trolley car sounds perfect to explore. Thanks again.

I lived in PDX for a number of years, one of my favorite things to do for breakfast was go to St. Honore (NW 25th and Thurman) not far from Inn at Northrup Station get a coffee and one of there excellent pastries, a news paper and go up to the Portland Rose garden (great views of the city and Mt Hood) read the paper and enjoy breakfast.

St Honore
Saint Honore Bakery

International Rose Garden
Portland's Rose Gardens and Rose Garden Store

For your trip up the Columbia Gorge, here's a few sights worth checking out.
Multnomah Falls
Multnomah Falls is a Must | Oregon

Hood River Windsurfing, sometimes you'll see 50 or 60 out on the river. Great views.
Multnomah Falls is a Must | Oregon

Crown Point State Park
The Vista House Story | Vista House at Crown Point

Also, if you are flying into PDX during the day, most flights land coming from the East. This gives great views of Mt Hood for those seated on the Left side of the aircraft. For those seated on the Right side, you'll have Mt Adams and Mt St Helen's. I prefer the left side as they are closer to Hood than Adams and St Helen. Still both are excellent views.

Thank you Duck Fans for all the recommendations. I am checking them out on line and will definitely take in as many sites as possible. We are flying out of PDX on Tuesday so we can see as much as possible. I wish we could think of something cool like you guys did here with the "We hate Kiffen too" tees! Very kewl

Thank you Duck Fans for all the recommendations. I am checking them out on line and will definitely take in as many sites as possible. We are flying out of PDX on Tuesday so we can see as much as possible. I wish we could think of something cool like you guys did here with the "We hate Kiffen too" tees! Very kewl

An Orange and White "We hate Kiffen too" tee would play well in Eugene. Long as it's Tenn Orange and not rodent orange.

My hubby and I will be there for sure! He is a Duck and I am a Vol. Bought UT Alum tailgating tickets, I'm making him go with me!!
We bought out tickets to the game on StubHub, I know we paid way too much for them, but we will be sitting in the first row at the tunnel!
Autzen Stadium is a great place to watch a game, I don't think there are any bad seats. Most of the fans are cool, but as anywhere... there's always some a$$ in the crowd.
Can't wait to see all the Orange invade Autzen!

Reactions: 2 people
My hubby and I will be there for sure! He is a Duck and I am a Vol. Bought UT Alum tailgating tickets, I'm making him go with me!!
We bought out tickets to the game on StubHub, I know we paid way too much for them, but we will be sitting in the first row at the tunnel!
Autzen Stadium is a great place to watch a game, I don't think there are any bad seats. Most of the fans are cool, but as anywhere... there's always some a$$ in the crowd.
Can't wait to see all the Orange invade Autzen!

Welcome to the board! Post often.

:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I assume you are referring to the UT Tunnel. I was thinking about buying 2 in 40 row 1 but didn't know whose tunnel that would be UT or OR?

I assume you are referring to the UT Tunnel. I was thinking about buying 2 in 40 row 1 but didn't know whose tunnel that would be UT or OR?

both teams come out on the same side of the stadium. I'm pretty sure that 40 is the UT side and 2 is the Oregon side. My husband says either way, both tunnels are so close that you can see everything.

First off, holy cow another Vol fan in Vegas?! YISS That brings the total up to 2 :)

Secondly, what's the best way to go about getting some Vol section tickets to this game now?

First off, holy cow another Vol fan in Vegas?! YISS That brings the total up to 2 :)

Secondly, what's the best way to go about getting some Vol section tickets to this game now?

Dr Loomis the Vols jersey collector -- is in Vegas -- so make it 3

There are actually quite a few of us here in Vegas. There is an Alum/Fan club here in town. We usually get together during football season for the games. Not so much luck for basketball. The FB link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/LasVegasVOLS/ I think it maybe a closed group, not sure how that works.

So, for the question about getting tickets to the OR game... my guess would be to go through StubHub. You can pick and choose where you wanna sit and what you wanna pay. And, at least the tickets are guaranteed through StubHub.

There are actually quite a few of us here in Vegas. There is an Alum/Fan club here in town. We usually get together during football season for the games. Not so much luck for basketball. The FB link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/LasVegasVOLS/ I think it maybe a closed group, not sure how that works.

So, for the question about getting tickets to the OR game... my guess would be to go through StubHub. You can pick and choose where you wanna sit and what you wanna pay. And, at least the tickets are guaranteed through StubHub.

No facebook, but it's nice to know others are in town. I NEVER see anyone with a power T on when I'm out and about.

StubHub was first thought, but I just wanted to check and make sure before I bit the bullet and purchased them.

As the season gets a little closer, I will post info on the message board regarding get togethers for those of us in Vegas, if you would like me to. It always makes the games better when you can share the joys and heartaches... Hoping for more joys this year!

As the season gets a little closer, I will post info on the message board regarding get togethers for those of us in Vegas, if you would like me to. It always makes the games better when you can share the joys and heartaches... Hoping for more joys this year!

Ya, that'd be great. As it is right now, I go to a Gators bar to watch games (it's close and I know the bartenders).

VN Store

Back