Oregon game - Who's coming to the game?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what we (she) wants to do in PDX yet. I saw in a previous post you suggested the Sylvia Beach Hotel at Nye Beach. Is that one of the better places/beaches to stay at along the drive?

I'll also have to make a note to remember The Cooler for pre-game!

Just booked my flight, Nashville to Eugene. I'm flying out Thurs morning and back Monday evening. I'm ready for this trip!

One more note for those of you making the trip to Eugene, if you like "donuts" you'll have to visit "VooDoo Doughnut". They are located in Portland and Eugene. Perhaps the most outrageous doughnut on the planet. Where else can you get bacon on a maple bar.......
LOL

Voodoo Doughnut - The Magic is in the Hole!!!

I remember seeing that place on an episode of Man vs. Food. Also, bacon makes everything better.

I remember seeing that place on an episode of Man vs. Food. Also, bacon makes everything better.

VooDoo Doughnut has been on a few shows. I think Anthony Bordain did a piece on VooDoo as well. Granted most people know VooDoo from the Portland store.

Coming on Tuesday, leaving for home on Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to it

That give plenty of time for a rafting trip of fishing trip. Or just taking in the natural beauty of Oregon, the mountains, rugged beaches, etc.

Just curious how many of you will make the trip to Eugene for the game.

I will know by the end of this month.

A friend of mine wants to travel and see this game also, but she's all Aggie and this game conflicts with the ATM/Bama game in College Station.

Are room's still available in the area?

me and the wife will be there... flying into san fransisco and going to a giants game, alcatraz, napa, etc the saturday before and then driving up the coast for the game... should be a great trip

staying at a best western near the stadium...supposedly able to walk to the stadium

Last edited:
me and the wife will be there... flying into san fransisco and going to a giants game, alcatraz, napa, etc the saturday before and then driving up the coast for the game... should be a great trip

staying at a best western near the stadium...supposedly able to walk to the stadium

Yes, it's a nice walk to the stadium from the Best Western. You'll have lots of company on the walk. Basically, it's a walking trail from campus to the stadium.

That is a beautiful drive up the coast. Enjoy, and take it easy. Check out the Redwoods in Northern Calif. I believe there's a herd of Elk that hang around that area. With a little luck you might see them. Also, if you're a golfer, you'll be going right by Bandon Dunes. The courses at Bandon are any golfers dream. Can be a little windy along the coast so carry a wind breaker.

I will know by the end of this month.

A friend of mine wants to travel and see this game also, but she's all Aggie and this game conflicts with the ATM/Bama game in College Station.

Are room's still available in the area?

I couldn't tell you if rooms were still available. I'd say probably they are available. Just depends on the quality of room you're looking for and how close you want to be to the stadium. If you can't get close to the stadium, check out the "park and ride" program through Lane Transit. The shuttle is a great way to get to the game and avoid the traffic.

Anyone see the article on the ESPN SEC Blog where we are 25 point favorites at Oregon?

Early odds on SEC games - SEC Blog - ESPN

I truly believe we'll see drastic improvement on defense, show dominance on our OL and experience on the DL, but is Oregon really in this bad of shape with Kelly gone??

I believe that is a "typo" and that the early spread is Oregon by 25. I think that is spread is too large and would take 25 and Tenn.

No way we're 25 pt favorites. Let's be realistic, Oregon wins this game. I'm just hoping it's a game, not a run-away. I may be wrong, but I think our chance for upset is against USCe.

Going but No hotel yet..haven't decided for sure but likely driving up to Mt St. Helens Sunday ,and then on to Seattle for a couple days...

Reactions: 1 person
I really wish I could go, but not having any luck finding someone else willing to. I loved hanging out with Oregon's fans when they were here in 2010. I'll never forget walking down Volunteer Dr, going towards Circle Park. When we came to the part where you get that first glimpse of Neyland, the Oregon fans in front of us froze and said "That..is..the..biggest..(don't think i can say that word on here)...stadium..I've ever seen in my life!"

I'm going to vegas that weekend with a couple of people at my company for some hard partying -- 3 days nonstop, before an LA meeting the next week.

Going with the former Oregon duck mascot. Business partner that wouldn't let me out of going as I took him to Neyland in 2010. Butch please.

Just decided to make the trip. Finding it to be a cheaper endeavor than i anticipated, which is a welcome circumstance.

Hotel rooms ($100/night) still reasonably priced while tix, when released, will be about $100 if purchased through Oregon's ticket office. Airfare will be the major cost at around $500 a ticket.

Also gotta allocate for goin ham in a Nike store or two.

We're Going for the experience as much as anything, but I damn Hope the football team shows up. They have to learn to play on the road in hostile enviroments and maintain composure. Not expecting a win but a strong showing would be nice.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back