Oregon Kickoff time announced

Nashvol2

Vol For Lifer
Josh Ward (@Josh_Ward) tweeted at 0:57 PM on Wed, May 29, 2013:
Tennessee will kickoff at Oregon at 3:30 ET on Sept. 14, per @McMurphyESPN.

Will be broadcasted on ESPN/ABC.

Reactions: 7 people
I guess that will be directly opposite the SEC game on CBS (presumably Bama/A&M).

I think this is good news for us that it is an early game (at least for Oregon).

The game that always sticks out in my mind was the 2001 Georgia game that started at around 12:00 and the crowd and the team were just out of sync. I think it is easier for an away team to play an early game rather than a late game.

This is not me saying we are going to win - but give me two weeks before the game and I probably will.

Reactions: 2 people
Should be a fun game. I think we'll lose, but I'm at least hoping we make it a competitive game that grabs some attention that day.

A 60-10 blowout loss would do us no good (although that's what everyone is expecting...).

I think this is good news for us that it is an early game (at least for Oregon).

The game that always sticks out in my mind was the 2001 Georgia game that started at around 12:00 and the crowd and the team were just out of sync. I think it is easier for an away team to play an early game rather than a late game.

This is not me saying we are going to win - but give me two weeks before the game and I probably will.

I would much rather play in the afternoon on the road at Oregon. Day games are a different atmosphere. More importantly, a 7 or 8 pm start would be like a 10pm-11pm start for our boys in theory. The stars are aligning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I would much rather play at noon on the road at Oregon. Day games are a different atmosphere. More importantly, a 7 or 8 pm start would be like an 11pm-12am start for our boys in theory. The stars are aligning folks.....

I pray the football gods are wearing orange that day.

Reactions: 1 person
My brother-in-law is getting married that night. So glad this is the time. We'll be able to watch it while getting ready.

12:30 local start sounds good to me. Can actually get a little sleep before heading back Sunday morning.

The only way that stinks is if A&M is whipping bama's tail.,

In which case, we can replay it on the DVR to either continue our celebration or lift our spirits, depending on the outcome of our game. :)

VN Store

Back