Oregon Kickoff time announced

But CBS had a deal where they were the only SEC game on at that time. But I believe it's just SEC vs SEC

Since Oregon is the host, it's a part of the Pac 12 TV agreement. The non-compete slot that CBS has with the SEC games has no bearing on that game.

Oregon has never been so ripe for the pickin, they still have rank reputation to benefit from in an upset but they have new coach, major ncaa violation rumors floatin and it an afternoon game....the 1st CBJ must win.

I don't agree that it's a must win. But I agree with the rest of your post. I'll even add to your post....Oregon has a cross country trip to UVA the week before playing us. People like to use the "cross country" theory against us but not one person I've seen has mentioned this with Oregon.

In the name of humanity, is there anyway that my SEC brethren can nobly and strategically get out of this lopsided contest? Is there enough revenue that you can throw at these ducks and their fast pace, run up the score, take no prisoners, quack-attack, to make it worth their while. Why travel to the great north west, at great economic expense, only to find a track meet you can't run in? Stop the insanity, before someone gets hurt, embarrassed, or posterized and have to live with these images as if marked with a branding iron. Stop the madness, while there is still time.

I would much rather play in the afternoon on the road at Oregon. Day games are a different atmosphere. More importantly, a 7 or 8 pm start would be like a 10pm-11pm start for our boys in theory. The stars are aligning.

I think most Duck fans prefer "DAY" games. Great for game day. Only real change is that it will take the sun out as a factor in the game. Usually the sun is the biggest factor for 3 pm games.

The fans don't have as much time to get over the legal limit for a noon game, so they will be more focused on their job while in Autzen.

In the name of humanity, is there anyway that my SEC brethren can nobly and strategically get out of this lopsided contest? Is there enough revenue that you can throw at these ducks and their fast pace, run up the score, take no prisoners, quack-attack, to make it worth their while. Why travel to the great north west, at great economic expense, only to find a track meet you can't run in? Stop the insanity, before someone gets hurt, embarrassed, or posterized and have to live with these images as if marked with a branding iron. Stop the madness, while there is still time.

GTFO:the_finger:

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon has never been so ripe for the pickin, they still have rank reputation to benefit from in an upset but they have new coach, major ncaa violation rumors floatin and it an afternoon game....the 1st CBJ must win.

Couldn't disagree more. Oregon's got something to prove, because of the allegations, because it's another new head coach, and honestly Oregon LOVEs afternoon games.

Plus, typically, PAC-12 night games don't get much National viewership. Hence this is a game time that provides more national exposure and just another reason being game ready is important to the Ducks.

I think most Duck fans prefer "DAY" games. Great for game day. Only real change is that it will take the sun out as a factor in the game. Usually the sun is the biggest factor for 3 pm games.

The fans don't have as much time to get over the legal limit for a noon game, so they will be more focused on their job while in Autzen.

I never had a problem getting smashed for an early game. You Duck fans need to step it up!....just kidding. But seriously, Potato Vodka chased with coke goes pretty good with steak and eggs.

Welcome to VolNation!

Edit: I see you have 300+ posts. So never mind the warm welcome.....

Last edited:

I'd take this as sarcasm and possibly someone who's expecting Tenn to beat the Ducks. If it's not sarcasm, it's a really lame post.

Maybe bama should try to get out of the TA&M game.

Too much to hope for this being Butch's signature win. I think we have less than a 5% shot. They can score too many points, too quickly. A couple of mistakes on defense and special teams, and they can pop 21 quick points on the board. I'm not sure we'll be able to run with them for 4 quarters.

If we did, though, it would be the biggest win we've had in a long, long time.

So your saying theres a chance ?:unsure:

I never had a problem getting smashed for an early game. You Duck fans need to step it up!....just kidding. But seriously, Potato Vodka chased with coke goes pretty good with steak and eggs.

Welcome to VolNation!

LOL, thanks. NOTE: I did qualify that statement "AS MUCH TIME". I think they still open the parking lot around 2 am on game day for noon games. RVs tend to get there the day before and park along the streets.

Unfortunately it's the latter.

We understand, we have the taildraggers from Seattle and the farm boys from Corvallis to deal with. Occasionally, USC fans try and talk trash with the Ducks, then someone reminds them to check won/loss records in head to head competition over the last 20 years. Most USC fans are clueless in this area....... :)

Couldn't disagree more. Oregon's got something to prove, because of the allegations, because it's another new head coach, and honestly Oregon LOVEs afternoon games.

Plus, typically, PAC-12 night games don't get much National viewership. Hence this is a game time that provides more national exposure and just another reason being game ready is important to the Ducks.

From an Oregon fan standpoint, how are you viewing the Tennessee game? Do you see UT as a "real" threat?

So your saying theres a chance ?:unsure:

Everyone has a chance..... You've got some pretty good young talent, a new coach. You guys could be a bit scary as a bit of an "unknown" right now.

Respect thy opponent before, during and after the game, win or lose.

Reactions: 2 people

Otter, Pinto, and all the other guys at the Delta Tau Chi House would be really disappointed in you.

During football season? Does he not realize every anniversary will also be during football season......I strategically planned mine so it would only interfere with fall rec league softball and even then I hated missing that game or two a year. LOL

He's actually a big Tennessee fan. I think his fiance really wanted a fall wedding, and the venue was booked for the bye week. I believe this was the best solution...a non-conference away game.

From an Oregon fan standpoint, how are you viewing the Tennessee game? Do you see UT as a "real" threat?

Of course Tenn is a threat. You've got young unknown talent, a new coach, revenge on your minds. Worst mistake ever is not respecting an opponent's ability to beat you.

Look what Appy St did a few years back. And you guys certainly aren't Appy State!! Respect is deserved.

Reactions: 3 people
Otter, Pinto, and all the other guys at the Delta Tau Chi House would be really disappointed in you.

LOL... Now that would be very true.........

Did you know the basis for "Blue's Brothers" started during the filming of Animal House? Curtis Salgato and his band were performing at the Eugene Hotel, where a lot of the cast hung out. Blues Brothers was based on Salgato's band.

Also, I think the bat mobile is still driving around Eugene. -

I'd take this as sarcasm and possibly someone who's expecting Tenn to beat the Ducks. If it's not sarcasm, it's a really lame post.

Well I hope the ducks will spend a little more time in the sec in the future. I enjoyed the LSU game in Jerry's World in 2011.

Reactions: 1 person

images

VN Store

Back