Oregon Kickoff time announced

Well I hope the ducks will spend a little more time in the sec in the future. I enjoyed the LSU game in Jerry's World in 2011.

Well the Ducks have been open to playing the SEC. Miss State a few years ago. The current Tenn home and home. We did have a home and home with Georgia, but I believe they wanted out. Plus the obvious, LSU Auburn "Additional" games.

I'd love to see more SEC/PAC-12 games in general. Tenn and LSU have tended to be more open to them than most SEC teams.

Most of the Oregon fans who showed up when we played them a few years ago were decent.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Posters appearing to be Oregon trolls will typically fall into one of two catagories, first, young bandwagon Duck fans that we haven't educated well enough yet. We'll try and improve that behavior. second, Washington Husky posers, they offer class credit for posing as a Duck fan on message boards. Yep, no love loss between Ducks and taildraggers. Keep them off the white carpet, grannies leg and spread the newspapers if you let one in the house.

Last edited:
Well the Ducks have been open to playing the SEC. Miss State a few years ago. The current Tenn home and home. We did have a home and home with Georgia, but I believe they wanted out. Plus the obvious, LSU Auburn "Additional" games.

I'd love to see more SEC/PAC-12 games in general. Tenn and LSU have tended to be more open to them than most SEC teams.

UT has a pretty storied history against PAC 12 teams. Mainly UCLA. We've been going back and forth with them since the 70s. Maybe longer, I know for a fact we played them that far back. Weve built a good strong healthy rivalry with them. The game Condredge played in is a freaking classic. Cal got smashed on here then beat us out there. Now it's Oregon. I hope we play again down the road once our program is back on its feet. And yeah, I dig the games against PAC 12.

As for Washington...I see you don't like them. Well I don't either. They think just a lil too highly of their program if you ask me.

I saw a couple of the players tweet about how they would rather play this game at night. It definitely would have made for a better atmosphere.

Last edited:
UT has a pretty storied history against PAC 12 teams. Mainly UCLA. We've been going back and forth with them since the 70s. Maybe longer, I know for a fact we played them that far back. Weve built a good strong healthy rivalry with them. The game Condredge played in is a freaking classic. Cal got smashed on here then beat us out there. Now it's Oregon. I hope we play again down the road once our program is back on its feet. And yeah, I dig the games against PAC 12.

As for Washington...I see you don't like them. Well I don't either. They think just a lil too highly of their program if you ask me.
My parents went to see us play UCLA back in the 60s before I was born. 65 I think. They played it in Memphis, and it was later dubbed the Rosebonnet game. One of the great wins in our history.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

LOL That's the understatement of the last 50 years!!!

Ever since the Huskies voted Oregon out of the Rose Bowl in 1948 things have been on the "Heated" side.

I saw a couple of the players tweet about how they would rather play this game at night. It definitely would have made for a better atmosphere.

I personally think the atmosphere at Autzen is better for day games. Simply love day games at Autzen.

Also, due to the time zone difference the West Coast usually plays "BIG Games" and "High Profile Games" at noon to attract a more NATIONAL TV audience. If we were playing this game at 7 PM that would be kickoff at 10 PM Eastern. Point is we've adapted to expect big games to have noon kick offs. Lesser games draw later kick offs.

We'll be ready. ..

I absolutely love the SEC. I will watch a bad SEC game over a good national game anytime. And regardless of score, I hope we can at least find out, how high a duck will bounce.

To each his own, I guess.

Personally, I don't give a damn about conference affiliation. I want to see Bama lose every game they play.

this game time will work well for us.

first, we don't have to worry about time zone differential. it's the equivalent of a 3:30 game for us. if it were a 7 or 8 local kick, then it's like starting a game at 10 or 11pm.

second, regardless of O fan stating they love an afternoon game, this is as early as it gets for afternoon. the vast majority of fans want a 3-4pm kickoff or later... not a nooner.

[/B]

LOL That's the understatement of the last 50 years!!!

Ever since the Huskies voted Oregon out of the Rose Bowl in 1948 things have been on the "Heated" side.

LOL, I hear ya man. You should post more on other threads. Not just UT/Oregon threads. I enjoy a REALISTIC non biased perspective from fans of other schools at times. We have 99gator, also a dude from Ohio State that chimes in once in a while who's alright. We have a dude from Texas A&M who brings pretty good stuff at times. But he had a nervous breakdown and went off on everyone including mods the other day. Not sure he'll be back. And we have our share of trolls. Basically every Bama and UGA fan. We even have a Canes fan that's cool as ice. Lil Oregon flava never hurt anyone. You'll catch a little flack here and there, but I catch flack from my own at times. I usually deserve it.

Last edited:
LOL, I hear ya man. You should post more on other threads. Not just UT/Oregon threads. I enjoy a REALISTIC non biased perspective from fans of other schools at times. We have 99gator, also a dude from Ohio State that chimes in once in a while who's alright. We have a dude from Texas A&M who brings pretty good stuff at times. But he had a nervous breakdown and went off on everyone including mods the other day. Not sure he'll be back. And we have our share of trolls. Basically every Bama and UGA fan. We even have a Canes fan that's cool as ice. Lil Oregon flava never hurt anyone. You'll catch a little flack here and there, but I catch flack from my own at times. I usually deserve it.

I'll check out a few other threads on occasions. Thanks for the invitation. I do have some bias opinions on occasions :)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back