OU Alum…here are my thoughts.

I really don’t see how my Sooners win this game.

I graduated in 2007 so I was a student and had season tickets when OU was playing for national titles…This Sooners team just isn’t as talented overall.

We have major issues on offense.

1. Playcalling hasn’t been good.
2. O-line has had injuries and was a weakness coming into the year.
3. Arnold still makes Freshman type mistakes and doesn’t hang in the pocket.

Our defense is pretty good but I’m hesitant to say it’s great like a lot of our fans. We’re used to Lincoln Riley (TBOW) defenses so our perception is skewed.

On the flip side, I think Tennessee is really good and I would consider them a dark horse to make a run at the national title.

Tenn. has a great offense that can run the ball and a talented front 7 with possibly the best d-lineman in the country (Pearce).

The line is 7 for a reason. This is giving me Texas/Michigan vibes.

I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, I hope those of you that visit Norman have a good experience…and leave with a loss…I just don’t see it happening. Lol
Norman is a great place to watch football with tons of good people. Saw OU whip Fresno State back in 2003 (I think that’s the right year) and had a blast!

Maybe it's BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome for the uninitiated) but I see this as being a closer game. Oklahoma will play physical. We've not seen a physical team yet this year. Their defense is good enough to slow our offense down. I expect the team that can score 30 wins.

I believe this game comes down to what adjustments the TN offense makes to counter early OU defensive scheme. Against some teams our offense is just on autopilot, with the QB running the show. This will be a different animal. I expect the OU defense to be salty early and the coaches will have to adjust to run and give Nico a clean pocket. The good news is we have weapons at TE that give us more options. The stuff we ran in the red zone vs NC State was a thing of beauty. If we crack the code early we cover the spread and then some. If not it’s going down to the wire. A great way to start SEC play.

The game will be entertaining. Got to have my garlic Parmesan chicken wings, raw broccoli, cauliflower and carrots served with ranch dressing Ready. Air fryer french fries and Blue Moon (for the sake of Shirley's delicate tastes) ready. The dog knows something is up, so gets up and follows my every move. I'll debone a few wings for him come game time.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Not many come to Norman and leave with a W, hoping this Vols team is one of those teams.
I totally agree with this, I've watched OU in a couple of their games and they look very beatable. Then I think we are going to their place and will be Nico's first true road game start, he's started 2 neutral field games and played great. So, the 1st true road gives me pause but then I watch Arnold and he's not bad but I got a little of Cade Kubinak vibes from his play, may turn out great but like Cade looks a little overrated. Looking at both team we look to be a lot better especially on the lines, the Dline is a push but we go so deep we get the nod and our O-Line is vastly better than theirs. Ultimately I come back to its hard to beat OU at their home stadium so I'm expecting a good game, if we win the TO ratio & penalties are at least even I think we win.

Well, it's in Norman. Oklahoma seldom loses at home, even during bad years. Case in point: Look at the previous four seasons. During the regular season, you guys had:

2 losses in 2023 (both away), so no home losses
SEVEN losses in 2022 (a HORRIBLE year by your standards), but only two home losses.
2 losses in 2021 (both away), again NO home losses
2 losses in 2020 with one home loss to Kansas St

That's 11 losses in 4 seasons, but only 3 at home. I'm not trying to be a pessimist with BVS (Battered Vols Syndrome); just trying to point out that it's difficult for opponents to win at Oklahoma.

You are on to something. Sooners are 143-13 at home during the last 25 years. Hopefully 143-14 after this weekend.

I totally agree with this, I've watched OU in a couple of their games and they look very beatable. Then I think we are going to their place and will be Nico's first true road game start, he's started 2 neutral field games and played great. So, the 1st true road gives me pause but then I watch Arnold and he's not bad but I got a little of Cade Kubinak vibes from his play, may turn out great but like Cade looks a little overrated. Looking at both team we look to be a lot better especially on the lines, the Dline is a push but we go so deep we get the nod and our O-Line is vastly better than theirs. Ultimately I come back to its hard to beat OU at their home stadium so I'm expecting a good game, if we win the TO ratio & penalties are at least even I think we win.
One of their best WRs, Nic Anderson likely returns this weekend.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Our O Line is an extremely special unit. Nico is an assassin with very talented weapons at receiver. We have a three headed beast at running back. Our defense is ranked second in the nation. The OU fans are going to need to be loud and OU has to play a perfect game to keep this from being a repeat of then #6 ranked Tennessee going into Baton Rouge to destroy a 16th ranked LSU. #6 vs #15 this time. How familiar. Go Vols!
Great post. But OL? They are not elite like the DL. We'll get Heard back this week and thats very good. Our OL v OUs DL could be the key here. They are good defensively up front and very athletic. Our OL will be challenged wo doubt.
Now, can they stay fresh at our pace? I have my doubts. Finna be exciting.

Last edited:
Great post. But OL? They are not elite like the DL. We'll get Heard back this week and thats carry good. Our OL v OUs DL could be the key here. They are food defensively up front and very athletic. Our OL will be challenged wo doubt.
Now, can they stay fresh at our pace? I have my doubts. Finna be exciting.
Our OL includes at least 4 future NFL draft picks. I don’t know enough about the rest of the league to say we have the best OL in the SEC but they are likely in the top 5 at least.

I’m soooo ****in sick of OU poor mouthing. You have a top 15 team, playing at home & in the biggest home game there in decades. Yes, decades. Stop it.

It’s gonna be tough game. Stop with the poor mouthing Vince Dooley is even embarrassed for you.

Our OL includes at least 4 future NFL draft picks. I don’t know enough about the rest of the league to say we have the best OL in the SEC but they are likely in the top 5 at least.
Really? Not puttin' my boys down, but we have 3 studs and 2 SEC quality starting. So, I'd say above SEC average. But, depthwise is where we drop off quickly. If they can control OUs front 7 and tire them, then this will get outta control. If we can't, then it's gonna be a close one imo.

The game will be entertaining. Got to have my garlic Parmesan chicken wings, raw broccoli, cauliflower and carrots served with ranch dressing Ready. Air fryer french fries and Blue Moon (for the sake of Shirley's delicate tastes) ready. The dog knows something is up, so gets up and follows my every move. I'll debone a few wings for him come game time.
That’s about the healthiest tailgate every

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Really? Not puttin' my boys down, but we have 3 studs and 2 SEC quality starting. So, I'd say above SEC average. But, depthwise is where we drop off quickly. If they can control OUs front 7 and tire them, then this will get outta control. If we can't, then it's gonna be a close one imo.
I consider Heard, Campbell, Mays, and Spraggins all studs. Of the 4 I don’t know who is better.

Depth on the OL was my biggest concern heading into the season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back