OU Alum…here are my thoughts.

If OU can get some guys back we can make a game of it. But our offense just isn’t there.

I saw yesterday where you guys are getting a whole laundry list of players back this week - two receivers including Anderson who is the real deal, and two (maybe three?) of your OL. I think it will be interesting to see what the OU team looks like on Saturday. Norman is a tough place to play, but we are tough too. It should be a good game, and a fun game to watch. I can't wait.

I really don’t see how my Sooners win this game.

I graduated in 2007 so I was a student and had season tickets when OU was playing for national titles…This Sooners team just isn’t as talented overall.

We have major issues on offense.

1. Playcalling hasn’t been good.
2. O-line has had injuries and was a weakness coming into the year.
3. Arnold still makes Freshman type mistakes and doesn’t hang in the pocket.

Our defense is pretty good but I’m hesitant to say it’s great like a lot of our fans. We’re used to Lincoln Riley (TBOW) defenses so our perception is skewed.

On the flip side, I think Tennessee is really good and I would consider them a dark horse to make a run at the national title.

Tenn. has a great offense that can run the ball and a talented front 7 with possibly the best d-lineman in the country (Pearce).

The line is 7 for a reason. This is giving me Texas/Michigan vibes.

I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, I hope those of you that visit Norman have a good experience…and leave with a loss…I just don’t see it happening. Lol
This is the way you post on another Schools MB, honest take-Kudo's. Would expect if OKL was favored team a reasonable explanation from poster on why. Looking at Vols we have not really played anybody yet but we have looked damn good in the games we have had. NC State -turns out has serious problems. Okl. -Vols will be close as long as Okl. Off. Line can hang on and be at least 2 deep. If not, and IF the Vols get a 14 point lead at any point in the first half, OY VE- This is where most teams lose it because Hype is a stone cold killer, this is where the gas pedal is floored on both sides of the ball and the scoreboard ceases to exist. Just how quick and how much can we score. Best most talented Vols team since 2000.

I believe this game will absolutely be won in accordance to General Neyland's first maxim...

"The Team That Makes The Fewest Mistakes Will Win".
Protecting the football and 8 is the name of the game. If I’m OU I’m gonna make Nico beat us. I’m not gonna go the NC State route of death by a thousand papercuts w/ 250 yards rushing. They’re gonna load the box and Venables will do all sorts of exotic stuff to confuse him. And I expect Heupel to counter that by playing really wide and I think we’re gonna go really fast . We’re gonna do our best to get them to show what they’re in. A lot of wide splits .

I saw yesterday where you guys are getting a whole laundry list of players back this week - two receivers including Anderson who is the real deal, and two (maybe three?) of your OL. I think it will be interesting to see what the OU team looks like on Saturday. Norman is a tough place to play, but we are tough too. It should be a good game, and a fun game to watch. I can't wait.
We got our best receiver back. Early we lost him in August to a bad hammy. Early in August we lost our big tall receiver to an ACL. Then the first game our #3 receiver broke his foot. We lost last season our #1 WR to an ACL he’s back possibly Saturday but nobody knows where he stands speed wise. He was fast. We’ve been playing with inexperience or freshmen w/ an inexperienced QB and worst line since 2009 when we went 8-5. A lot of us thought with our great OL coach he’d ball out. We have 5 new starters on our OL. 3 are portals but jag’s at best. Another portal our center had a high ankle sprain first few plays in our first game. The OL hasn’t played much together. Also we had very physical practices and a lot of 1v1 much more than normal in August and our DL beat up our OL. We will be much better the second half of the season.

VN Store

Back