OU Alum…here are my thoughts.

Great post. But OL? They are not elite like the DL. We'll get Heard back this week and thats very good. Our OL v OUs DL could be the key here. They are good defensively up front and very athletic. Our OL will be challenged wo doubt.
Now, can they stay fresh at our pace? I have my doubts. Finna be exciting.
Offense Rankings:
Only #2 Nationally :cool:

Defensive Rankings:
Ditto. Only #2 Nationally :eek:

do-you-feel-lucky-punk.gif

Offense Rankings:

Defensive Rankings:

View attachment 677974
Think that says it all. Tougher competition than we have faced so far, however, we have some depth now that we didn't have in the past. Still say TN by 30+.

Offense Rankings:

Defensive Rankings:

View attachment 677974
#2 in yards. #1 in points ;)

Reactions: Tman44
I want to see our OL perform against a front 4 like OU before jumping to conclusions. Our OL struggled last year, even before the injury bug hit, against competent SEC front lines like we will see Saturday night.

I do think we will struggle (relatively speaking) to score against OU since their D is good on all 3 levels.

I just dont think Arnold and OU will be able to score enough if we play clean football...
The Oline struggled until Mays came back from Hernia surgery, as did Milton.

I want to see our OL perform against a front 4 like OU before jumping to conclusions. Our OL struggled last year, even before the injury bug hit, against competent SEC front lines like we will see Saturday night.

I do think we will struggle (relatively speaking) to score against OU since their D is good on all 3 levels.

I just dont think Arnold and OU will be able to score enough if we play clean football...
The more I think about this game the more I think our offense will struggle. Think it’ll be an ugly game. Much lower scoring that people think.

The more I think about this game the more I think our offense will struggle. Think it’ll be an ugly game. Much lower scoring that people think.

I think we will move the ball but we will settle for 3 more often than we are used to.

With that being said, I dont see OU scoring enough if we dont gift them a defensive or special teams score...

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think we will move the ball but we will settle for 3 more often than we are used to.

With that being said, I dont see OU scoring enough if we dont gift them a defensive or special teams score...
I expect more conservative decisions from CJH than we’ve seen in the past. If it’s 4th and 3 from the 50 I expect us to punt and play field position and have our defense do the heavy lifting . Given their offensive struggles thus far, I think we can play that way.

The OU defense is stout and we will have to play a very good game. We cannot afford turnovers. OU will have to bring their A+ offense in order to score enough to win though. I think the Vols pull away late. Not like Kent St, more like NC St

Hey OP,

Can you get your yard man back who retired in May? 'Cause...your field looked like the cow pastures surrounding your campus last week against Tulane...

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLCENTS1985
OU likely better than MI.

I think your D line can give our O Line issues and disrupt Nico's pocket.

I think TN wins a close game. 34-24 with a late score. Barring crazy turnovers from either side anyway.
We’re all just guessing right now, but if OK can only manage 16 against Houston with 2 from a safety and one of their TD’s from a 12 yard drive then I’m not seeing why anyone is guessing OK to score 20+ points? there’s no debate their offense has struggled so far. Is it realistic to think their offense will finally jell against the far and away best defense they will have faced? JMO TIFWIW AARP

Reactions: vol94fan
I really don’t see how my Sooners win this game.

I graduated in 2007 so I was a student and had season tickets when OU was playing for national titles…This Sooners team just isn’t as talented overall.

We have major issues on offense.

1. Playcalling hasn’t been good.
2. O-line has had injuries and was a weakness coming into the year.
3. Arnold still makes Freshman type mistakes and doesn’t hang in the pocket.

Our defense is pretty good but I’m hesitant to say it’s great like a lot of our fans. We’re used to Lincoln Riley (TBOW) defenses so our perception is skewed.

On the flip side, I think Tennessee is really good and I would consider them a dark horse to make a run at the national title.

Tenn. has a great offense that can run the ball and a talented front 7 with possibly the best d-lineman in the country (Pearce).

The line is 7 for a reason. This is giving me Texas/Michigan vibes.

I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, I hope those of you that visit Norman have a good experience…and leave with a loss…I just don’t see it happening. Lol
Might I invite you to go over to The Pub forum and see Ladies of OU. We would like to welcome such a fine addition to the SEC. 😁

Reactions: fairdinkem
We’re all just guessing right now, but if OK can only manage 16 against Houston with 2 from a safety and one of their TD’s from a 12 yard drive then I’m not seeing why anyone is guessing OK to score 20+ points? there’s no debate their offense has struggled so far. Is it realistic to think their offense will finally jell against the far and away best defense they will have faced? JMO TIFWIW AARP

I think they'll play their best game yet. They've been waiting for this. First SEC game, Heupel, etc.

This will be their best effort, I believe.

I graduated in 2007 so I was a student and had season tickets when OU was playing for national titles…This Sooners team just isn’t as talented overall.

Our defense is pretty good but I’m hesitant to say it’s great like a lot of our fans. We’re used to Lincoln Riley (TBOW) defenses so our perception is skewed.

On the flip side, I think Tennessee is really good and I would consider them a dark horse to make a run at the national title.

Tenn. has a great offense that can run the ball and a talented front 7 with possibly the best d-lineman in the country (Pearce).

I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, I hope those of you that visit Norman have a good experience…and leave with a loss…I just don’t see it happening. Lol
weren't you all playing for titles before 2007? i just recall waay before that.

I just hate this overconfidence crap. Kentucky looked like dog crap vs Carolina yet they gave Georgia all they wanted. Hooker’s last year we should’ve beat Carolina by two touchdowns. A lot of people have a lot of confidence for an away game at night in Norman. I think we should win but there is a chance of losing this game.

Reactions: Hydro556

I hope I’m wrong.

That’s some savant level sand bagging.

Just kidding we have good reason to be confident but I expect a battle from OU.

Welcome to the SEC.

I am sorry but the excuse of Nico's first Road Game is a major factor for OU to dream on.
Neutral site games are road games to me. Different atmosphere, different stadium, different pregame routine. Sure a more hostile environment, but road games are what they are games on the road.
Winners win! Nico played several road games in HS so OU fans need to find something else to bank on besides this.
Nico has been on the road as he did last year against FL, Alabama, Ky and Missouri. Two hostile environments so it is not like he has never experienced a road game before.
Pressure is more on them and their QB to show up.

VN Store

Back