Overemployment of the Lazy

Eh I’m actually lazy. I don’t want even one job. Actively going after two jobs is more of a hustle I’d think 🤷‍♂️
When people used to work in an office for 8+ hours a day and commute it was hard for them to hold down a second full time job. When the lazy slobs "work from home" today, they mean put in 3 or 4 hours a day in their underwear. Take another job working 3 or 4 hours a day and they get to almost work as hard as a normal American does and double their salary. One of my Neighbors "works from home" and spends most of his days piddling with his cars.

When people used to work in an office for 8+ hours a day and commute it was hard for them to hold down a second full time job. When the lazy slobs "work from home" today, they mean put in 3 or 4 hours a day in their underwear. Take another job working 3 or 4 hours a day and they get to almost work as hard as a normal American does and double their salary. One of my Neighbors "works from home" and spends most of his days piddling with his cars.
Lol calm your tits I knew the reference 😂

Yes, they are exploiting the situation I agree. But until corporate America forces people back in the office they’re just as complicit here I’d say that’s all.

In mine and your field I don’t see how we could have ever done this. I was normally mentally done after a full work day unless we were in a lull period but then you need that break to recharge, not double down

Reactions: Tnslim1 and AM64

Yeah because working 40-60 hours a week for the majority of your life sounds so awesome.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

If productivity doesn't drop who cares how long it takes them to do the job.

If productivity doesn't drop who cares how long it takes them to do the job.
I tell my people I don't care how little or how much you work. If you can get me the results I want in 4 hours, as supposed to 8 or 10, then good for you. My best performing GM, who also has the busiest restaurant, works far less then his peers. He's an excellent developer of people. His reward is more time off.

Do you believe they're doing less work or simply upset they get to do it from home? If the productivity doesn't change then why does it matter?

Lol calm your tits I knew the reference 😂

Yes, they are exploiting the situation I agree. But until corporate America forces people back in the office they’re just as complicit here I’d say that’s all.

In mine and your field I don’t see how we could have ever done this. I was normally mentally done after a full work day unless we were in a lull period but then you need that break to recharge, not double down
You know what happens when people start working from home don't you? They become disposable employees that can be sourced from any country in the world. Sorry Jerry, we're going to let you go because Wong Dang or Vicaswamy Rahmdi is willing to work twice as long for half as much. We're F'n ourselves every day and don't even see what we're doing.

I tell my people I don't care how little or how much you work. If you can get me the results I want in 4 hours, as supposed to 8 or 10, then good for you. My best performing GM, who also has the busiest restaurant, works far less then his peers. He's an excellent developer of people. His reward is more time off.
I think this is the issue with how people see the younger generation.

If you are in the service industry your job is literally never done. There is no getting ahead, there is no "last". Its just a soul sucking drag. If I bust my butt I dont see any more profit or benefits if we turn over more. If I am given a deadline and meet it, what does it matter if its 4 hours of working or 16 hours of working?

You cant challenge the middle management types who justify their jobs by interfering in your work. Here's another meeting complaining about the workers not being productive enough.

Reactions: AM64
Do you believe they're doing less work or simply upset they get to do it from home? If the productivity doesn't change then why does it matter?
Their doing less work in my opinion. It's a supply and demand with people right now and the demand is going to dry up and suddenly the work from home demanders are going to understand what it's really like to have to work for a living.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and AM64
I think this is the issue with how people see the younger generation.

If you are in the service industry your job is literally never done. There is no getting ahead, there is no "last". Its just a soul sucking drag. If I bust my butt I dont see any more profit or benefits if we turn over more. If I am given a deadline and meet it, what does it matter if its 4 hours of working or 16 hours of working?

You cant challenge the middle management types who justify their jobs by interfering in your work. Here's another meeting complaining about the workers not being productive enough.

Companies that don't reward performance deserve the minimum.

VN Store

Back