Path to 9/11 - the new Fahrenheit 911?

I'd rather see this movie...

george-w-dynamite2.jpg

Really? Every poll I'm looking at has it about 50-50 with some even showing support for him on this below 50. That's not pretty well for support for something that has to do with the security of this nation.

50/50 is hardly "across the board" as suggested in an earlier post.

Really? Seeing half of the people all across the country dissatisfied with the way a President is handling his most important issue? No matter what area?

You are confusing across the board with your own words of "scores pretty well".

Really? Seeing half of the people all across the country dissatisfied with the way a President is handling his most important issue? No matter what area?

You are confusing across the board with your own words of "scores pretty well".

Neither is an accurate assessment --

how is half the people dissatisfied with Bush on this issue inaccurate?

I was saying that neither saying "across the board" (which implies virtually all) nor saying "pretty well" (which implies more than 50%) is an accurate description of the poll results.

I was not questioning whether 50% means 1/2 :p

Back to the issue at hand. Clinton is putting heavy pressure on ABC about editting the docudrama. He is particularly displeased with suggestions that he was distracted by the Monica Lewinski case and the more serious scene which shows Sandy Berger hanging up on an operative that was seeking permission to capture Bin Laden.

In his speech last night, Clinton lashed out at the Iraq policy.

How does across the board imply virtually all? Across the board means consistency from Alabama to Wyoming.

How does across the board imply virtually all? Across the board means consistency from Alabama to Wyoming.

Across the board people are basically saying Bush is lying or just wrong about this whole issue of the war on terror.

Using your definition it would be accurate to say that across the board people are basically saying Bush is right about this whole issue of the war on terror.

Since people from Alabama to Wyoming say so :crazy:

Here's an analogous explanation of what the phrase across the board means.

If you hear in the financial media that the "stock market is up across the board", it means that most of the stocks in the market are up on that day's trading. The term comes from the NYSE big board, a large board on which stock prices were once written, so when the majority of prices were up or down, the movement was shown "across the board".

-- from Investopedia

The key to your statement that you are missing is that it says UP across the board. UP defines an amount. across the board is the coverage area not the amount of a majority within the coverage area.

I agree. On a serious note, sometimes I wonder how much our enemies laugh at the way this country bickers over who's fault this is or who's fault that is.

Interesting - it's kind of a 2 edged sword. On one hand the bickering clearly limits decisive action but on the otherhand it is the hallmark of a democracy that so many have a voice and exercise it regularly!

I saw a news blurb (but can't find it now) about how Al-Sistani is questioning our commitment to Iraq because of what he sees in the American press. The endless debate and focus on the negative evidently portrays the image that we are out of there soon. In short, this type of open debate in the news is foreign to so many in that region that it is hard to decipher.

Not sure if this is what you are suggesting but I'm not "blaming" any president for anything.

You may not...but I do. Clinton is THE reason Bin Laden is still around. Say what you want, but we had UBL in the crosshairs with Clinton on a golf course refusing to take phone calls (Dereliction of Duty by LT Col Robert Patterson)... Clinton is little more than a lying, smooth talking sax player with an affinity for interns. How many attacks were there around the globe on Westerners while Clinton was in office? What did he do? Nothing!!! The polls certainly show that there are more out there who want another 4 years of that, but I for one, don't. If anything, we are being to soft right now on extremists due to PC.

J Quest....do you forget that we were aware of him during 41's Presidency? I guess ignoring OBL during that period gets a free pass?

And not to mention 5 years after 9/11 the two masterminds behind this are where? Not dead and not in US custody.....still planning attacks and rebuilding across the globe.

I guess when GWB had him in his crosshairs at Tora Bora, THAT gets a free pass as well.

Interesting - it's kind of a 2 edged sword. On one hand the bickering clearly limits decisive action but on the otherhand it is the hallmark of a democracy that so many have a voice and exercise it regularly!

I saw a news blurb (but can't find it now) about how Al-Sistani is questioning our commitment to Iraq because of what he sees in the American press. The endless debate and focus on the negative evidently portrays the image that we are out of there soon. In short, this type of open debate in the news is foreign to so many in that region that it is hard to decipher.

I was thinking the same thing, the 2 edged sword, as I wrote it. But at some point it seems better to put the internal bickering aside and focus on the true enemy. As much as some people don't like Bush or Clinton or whoever, there comes a time when Americans need to understand who the actual enenmy is.

J Quest....do you forget that we were aware of him during 41's Presidency? I guess ignoring OBL during that period gets a free pass?

Being "aware" and having someone in the crosshairs waiting on a greenlight are 2 different things. Name one time in 41's presidency where this was the case.

Let's not forget that it was our country who sent our C.I.A over there to train Bin Laden, the Taliban and A.Q and supplied them with weapons once upon a time.

And not to mention 5 years after 9/11 the two masterminds behind this are where? Not dead and not in US custody.....still planning attacks and rebuilding across the globe.

I guess when GWB had him in his crosshairs at Tora Bora, THAT gets a free pass as well.

UBL was never in the crosshairs or he'd be dead. He was cornered and we "should have" sent in more ground forces to kill him, yes. Hindsight is always 20/20. So you think letting UBL slip thru in Tora Bora during military operations is the same as standing on a golf course refusing to take a phone call and authorizing the kill?

VN Store

Back